A case for the A-4 Skyhawk.

Raven King

Au contraire! One of the results of the dissolution of the USSR was that the Russian Federation assumed all legal licenses and liabilities, any treaties, debts, etc, were carried over. While the USSR dissolved itself, the Russian Federation is legally the direct successor of all privileges and responsibilities. MiG and Sukhoi, along with everything else, all automatically transferred over.

Interesting. I'm not a lawyer, but I didn't assume it would all go that way, then again its not that surprising.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Oh no, it's not a show stopper for anything.

The FRS.1 and a Mirage III(?) are being done by RAZBAM. Hopefully they'll turn out decent.

I'm kinda against using the AV-8B N/A and Mirage 2000C for the 1982 Falklands war. But hey it makes a good 'what-if' scenario for a more modern take on it, and they're pretty good as an interim.

Well it is Razbam, so who knows, but on the plus side both are "simpler" A/C and more in their wheelhouse to get done and done quickly.

Actually I think a more "modern" falklands redux is more or less what they are gonna be looking at. So AV8B vs whatever. Realistically the Argentine AF in the 90's was more or less the same as the original war aside from the upgraded A4's. I guess if its hypothetical you can hypothetically assume they managed to get mirage2000's or Viggens.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well it is Razbam, so who knows, but on the plus side both are "simpler" A/C and more in their wheelhouse to get done and done quickly.

Actually I think a more "modern" falklands redux is more or less what they are gonna be looking at. So AV8B vs whatever. Realistically the Argentine AF in the 90's was more or less the same as the original war aside from the upgraded A4's. I guess if its hypothetical you can hypothetically assume they managed to get mirage2000's or Viggens.

Well Up to date I believe that Razbams MIII is going to be AI only....

a 90s MAlvinas/Falklands would not be realistic at all, in teh 90s we had a liberal government compleatly aligned to the US and NATO (some historians use the term carnal relations) LOL... and we only got better Skyhawks and the cancelation of our satelite luanching program (based on thE freaking SCUDs sadam was ussing).. dam him LOL.

Anyways, a more credible scenario would be arround 2008 or 9, when we had the populist Kirchners in the government, that implemented very agresive policies (no flights, no ship tendering to any military british ship), and very irrational "anti-diplomacy" on the "Malvinas Cause", we had very good realtions with China and there even actually offered J-10s to replace our aging (ancient) Mirages , so JF-17s would not be to far of a strech...

Edited by Baco

Gudday all,

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious here, but after reading through this forum my heart sank when I saw that the community A-4 will no longer work in DCS, so I jumped into the latest DCS World Open Beta and tried to take the A-4 for a spin and it worked just fine...

Yeaaaaah, you should take anything you see on the forums with a grain of salt. Kneejerk reactions and baseless speculation aren't exactly unheard of.

@Harlikwin

Neither am I, but that is one little nugget I'm certain of. Matter of fact it's been a bone of contention in the UN because the Russian Federation assumed the former USSR's position in the security council, including veto rights.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

To think that we actually had a naval trainer in the Hawk (the same that was taken out).

AVdmgtJSyfwDLHDs5

The Hawk was removed from DCS for a reason I am not clear about. But I had looked into that before and found out that there was a substantial difference between the Hawk and the T-45 Goshawk. As much as I would like to have a T-45 in DCS I think a T-2 Buckeye would be more feasible and would fit the time frame of most of the other Navel aircraft that DCS has and will have.

Edited by Evoman

You can have your trainers, but I still want A-4E hunchback, dumb bombs, rockets, crappy sidewiders, and all that jazz. I actually prefer that over any other jet currently in DCS.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

You can have your trainers, but I still want A-4E hunchback, dumb bombs, rockets, crappy sidewiders, and all that jazz. I actually prefer that over any other jet currently in DCS.

If you like the A-4 that much you might love this A-4 that you can actually own and fly.

• 2 months later...
Does anybody know servers which currently support the A-4?

If somebody could provide an IP Adress, would be even better!

Thanks!!

Well, there was this announcement, but the one time I tried I did not see it online.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269801

The problem is that if a server enables the A4E, having the mod installed becomes a requirement to enter the server.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!