ILS control panel

Half of the ILS KHz settings are unusable. When adjusting the knob via mouse, keyboard commands, or iControl app the control skips the same settings every time. This has also been tested on multiple computers with the same result.

Obviously the impact is that ILS approaches are unable to be shot at half the airfields.

Functioning freq: 10, 15, 30, 35, 50, 55, 70, 75, 90, and 95

Unusable freq: 00, 05, 20, 25, 40, 45, 60, 65, 80, and 85

Although I don't have any issues using the mouse on the ILS panels, using my rotary encoders on the ILS has this same effect, sometimes on my radios too. It gets rather irritating and have never found a solution. Maybe someone with some knowledge will pick up

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Half of the ILS KHz settings are unusable. When adjusting the knob via mouse, keyboard commands, or iControl app the control skips the same settings every time. This has also been tested on multiple computers with the same result.

All the ILS channels that exist IRL are indeed selectable in the A-10C

Obviously the impact is that ILS approaches are unable to be shot at half the airfields.

What airfields? You can tune every ILS in the sim, or in reality for that matter.

Functioning freq: 10, 15, 30, 35, 50, 55, 70, 75, 90, and 95

Unusable freq: 00, 05, 20, 25, 40, 45, 60, 65, 80, and 85

Which is correct. The "unusable" frequencies you list should indeed not be selectable, as they are not frequencies used for ILS. The missing frequencies you list are used for VORs. In short, ILS uses odd numbers after the decimal point, VORs used even numbers after the decimal point.

Edited by Eddie
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I officially need to hang my head in shame. The reference site I was using had an incorrect frequency listed as XXX.40 rather than XXX.90 so I was having a heck of a time selecting it obviously.

Add to that ever ILS I've ever done IRL was on a NAV/COM that coveres VORs and ILS I didn't even think about the frequency options.

Please disregard this issue on my part.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same feeling in my last flight a few minutes ago. I felt really dumb because I did not recieve the ILS signal. So I landed without it and when I shut down my Aircraft (and turned off the ILS), I heard the Morse code from the ILS station. But I need to verify this in a 2nd flight too now.

Is it just me, or does the ILS power switch now work in reverse (incorrectly). Works (hear the morse Code) when the power switch is off and nothing when turned on???

I had a much closer look at this over the weekend - I was wrong :music_whistling:

I think it was just the way it looks when you switch it.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody noticed with 1.2.5 no (morse code) when tuned into an ILS frequency even though my ILS is functioning correctly or is it just me?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Ok thanks mate good to know its not just mine.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV