No Comments On The New Bombs And Fuel Tanks?

Came in here to see what everybody was saying about it. I bought mine on Steam, so I have to wait. Seems theres a problem with updating the Steam version.

But what about everybody else? I was expecting a large amount of posts...and nothing.

There were quite a few posts, most of the in bugs section, as the added features were somewhat buggy, not to mention control-related glitches of the new Spit variant itself. Issues have been more or less sorted in today's hot fix, however, so people can start properly testing only now.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Ah, okay, thanks.

I actually have two installs. The Stand-Alone, and a Steam version. I have the Spit on my Steam install, but I went over to check out the bombs on an AI Spit in the Stand-Alone. Bombs and tanks do not show up. I'll have to go and check out the bug reports to see whats up. I don't know why there always has to be some sort of issue, but what're ya gonna do?

Seems like the manual has not been updated to include some words on how to use the bombs...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ah, okay, thanks.

I actually have two installs. The Stand-Alone, and a Steam version. I have the Spit on my Steam install, but I went over to check out the bombs on an AI Spit in the Stand-Alone. Bombs and tanks do not show up. I'll have to go and check out the bug reports to see whats up. I don't know why there always has to be some sort of issue, but what're ya gonna do?

Mind you, there are no predefined loadouts with new toys available from the loadout list in the mission editor, as it usually is in other planes. For the time being, you have to create and save them manually yourself.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yeah, I actually went and read the manual, (yes, I'm shocked, too) and found out how to put in your own payloads. Didn't know about that. Did it to my stand alone install and there they were! My AI Spitfires had bombs and a droptank.

Now if they would only fix the Steam version so that I could use them, that would be great.

"Seems like the manual has not been updated to include some words on how to use the bombs..."

Right now, according to a you tube video I watched, you simply dive toward the target and press your bomb release!

They haven't implemented arming buttons just yet, I understand. But no big deal. These are 1930's/40's airplanes. Dropping bombs wasn't rocket science.

Here's the actual dive-bombing technique employed by 2nd TAF Spitfires, from an article my dad wrote for the French aviation magazine Icare. He flew 137 combat missions with 308 (Polish) squadron in Spitfire LF-IXc's between Nov 1943 and Nov 1944 - bracketing the exact period represented by DCS World's Normandy map:

"We soon developed a satisfactory dive-bombing technique. After several tests and numerous theories, we found at Llanbedr that the best results could be achieved by putting the aircraft in a steep dive of about 70° at 10-12,000 feet, aiming at the target through the gunsight and then releasing the bombs at about 3,000 feet, some two seconds after starting to pull out of the dive. This method soon proved very successful in attacking real enemy targets."

Photos of his Spitfire from that period suggest that the 500 lb bomb being used in late 1944 had a central bulge rather than the tapered look of the DCS version. Perhaps a different mark?

it just keeps getting better. Thanks ED!

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

Is there a way to release the bombs 1 at a time, or is it all or nothing?

Couldn't find an obvious way of using 1 at a time.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Does the "standard" Spitfire Mark IX also accept bombs and external tanks now? In the video, it looked like the standard "C" wing, not the clipped wing.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Does the "standard" Spitfire Mark IX also accept bombs and external tanks now? In the video, it looked like the standard "C" wing, not the clipped wing.

I managed to load bombs onto both versions as a test.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.