MFDs on separate monitor or Ultra MFCD Help please!

Kenpilot

Hey guys, I've been trying to use Ultra Mfcd to bring my 2 mfds down to my bottom monitor, where I use Helios and have two empty boxes for them. I've been having nothing but issues with it, like no Maverick seeker view in the screen, just a black screen. And a lot of times, both mfds flip up and away somewhere until I look a certain way and then they flip back into position. I figure it might just be easier just to export the mfd screens to the two empty boxes in my helios monitor. I've tried looking around for a guide but a lot of it is over my head or I can't find an easy do it yourself that starts from the beginning. I know you have to rewrite some lua file or something but I'm not sure where to find said lua file, etc. Could someone please point me in the right direction for such a guide or help me through it? Thanks!!

Edited by Kenpilot

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir

Look at DCS/Config/monitorSetup/

There are the .lua for monitors configuration.

create a new one and use this code as example.

You need to change the numbers for coordenates and size, to fit your resolution.

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('2_monitors_A10C');
Description = 'Right an left MFCD on the right monitor'

--MAIN GAME VIEWPORT TOTAL SIZE AN ASPECT 
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width  = 1920;
         height = 1080;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 16/9;
    }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
    x = 1921;
    y = 0;
    width = 680;
    height = 680;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = 3160;
    y = 0;
    width = 680;
    height = 680;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Edited by Capt Zeen

Hi Capt Zeen,

I have used Helios with the Gazelle profile some time ago, thanks for that great work. I have now configured the TV on a separate monitor and would like to do the same with RWR but that does not work. I have modified the init.lua file in the "Indicator" sub directory of RWR (like I did for TV) but no display appears on the dedicated monitor. Do you have some hint please?

Sorry to interfere in that thread but the subject is related to the same topic.

Thx

Would love it (especially with the upcoming 3-MPD Hornet coming) if DCS had an in-game cockpit display export tool that would allow you to place and size MPCDisplays and the like onto a second monitor (whilst disabling the displays on main monitor to save FPS). There are a lot of Thrustmaster MFD's out there waiting to be used by folks like me who don't want to mess with lua's, third party apps, etc.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Would love it (especially with the upcoming 3-MPD Hornet coming) if DCS had an in-game cockpit display export tool that would allow you to place and size MPCDisplays and the like onto a second monitor (whilst disabling the displays on main monitor to save FPS). There are a lot of Thrustmaster MFD's out there waiting to be used by folks like me who don't want to mess with lua's, third party apps, etc.

+1

I don't think it would take much to just click on the MFD screen and drag it to where you want it, resize if you want, and leave the original MFD blank to save on frame rates,etc.

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir

Hi Capt Zeen,

I have used Helios with the Gazelle profile some time ago, thanks for that great work. I have now configured the TV on a separate monitor and would like to do the same with RWR but that does not work. I have modified the init.lua file in the "Indicator" sub directory of RWR (like I did for TV) but no display appears on the dedicated monitor. Do you have some hint please?

Sorry to interfere in that thread but the subject is related to the same topic.

Thx

This is my Gazelle monitor configuration for two monitors.

As far as i know you can move the rwr everywhere in you viewport, just changing the coordenates.

Just be sure you put the correct value in DCS options for the total resolution fo all your screens.

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('2_monitors_SA342');
Description = 'prepared for the SA342'

--TOTAL DEL VIEWPORT
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width  = 1920;
         height = 1080;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 16/9;
    }
}

--NADIR
NADIR =
{
    x = 1980;
    y = 500;
    width = 285;
    height = 156;
}

-- SA342_RWR
SA342_RWR =
{
    x = 2341;
    y = 15;
    width = 198;
    height = 198;
}

--SA342_TV
SA342_TV =
{
    x = 1940;
    y = 6;
    width = 382;
    height = 308;
}

--SA342_WP1
SA342_WP1 =
{
    x = 2035;
    y = 451;
    width = 160;
    height = 27;
}

--SA342_UHF
SA342_UHF =
{
    x = 2060;
    y = 604;
    width = 100;
    height = 24;
}

--SA342_FM
SA342_FM =
{
    x = 2100;
    y = 387;
    width = 147;
    height = 20;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Yes I have this kind of configuration which works for TV but not for RWR. As I said, I first have to export the display of each avionics system in the init.lua file (in ...\aircrafts\SA342\\Indicator). I had to add 2 lines (I will check those when possible). I saw that in another thread and it works perfectly for TV. I am gonna check your Helios code to understand how you can export any system display. The total resolution in DCS options is good for me because I can display Ka-50's Shkval and ABRIS on dedicated monitors.

Edited by Frank Murphy

+1 as well, this would be very much appreciated.

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

• 3 months later...

For those of you that export MFD's to a separate monitor, does the game then have to be played in windowed mode or can it be played full screen? I ask because full screen vs. windowed is a full 25 or more FPS difference for me in the Hornet.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Good question I woul like to know as well

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png