How make infantry embark, when they keep a waypoint route?

I want to make a infantry group embark to my helicopter and at the same time they keep a waypoint route while they wait my embark order, but I want they do this by my order in F7 menu. So they need to be on hold until I give orders by F7. I tried set the infantry on hold, but when they keep in hold is not possible send embark orders to this group.

if I don't set waypoints. the units embark without problem and I transport them perfect. such thing is not good because I cant disembark infantry 200m away from the enemy. the goal is make it as realistic as possible and disembark them away enough to keep my helicopter in safe and they take a waypoint route only after they land, such thing seem to be impossible.

If I am wrong please tell me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd recommend looking into CTLD unless you want to write a ton of triggers.

Create a trigger with TIME MORE (1) to load mist_4_3_74.lua via a DO SCRIPT FILE action; create a trigger with TIME MORE (2) to load CTLD.lua via a DO SCRIPT FILE action. Include beacon.ogg and beaconsilent.ogg via a SOUND TO ____ trigger. The sound trigger does not ever need to activate, it simply stores the .ogg files inside of the .miz.

Then it's just a couple of easy steps to include troop transport in your mission:

Step 1. Name your helicopter pilot "helicargo1" ; not the group name, but the pilot

2. Place three trigger zones:

"pickzone1" where a helicopter can pick up infantry units of various compositions

"dropzone1" where a helicopter can drop infantry units who will automatically advance towards-

"target1" which friendly infantry who have been dropped in dropzone1 will attempt to occupy, engaging any enemy units they detect in the area

You can have multiple dropzones and targets if you want things to get more complex. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Suntsag thanks for your explanation. Great video :thumbup:

I wanted to say my idea is to do it in multiplayer. I see we can embark troops so I want to take those troops, manpads, RPG infantry, soldiers. embark them, then disembark close an airfield to take it or push to. So I know with triggers is possible, but in a MP mission you don't want to set too much triggers or give tones of orders.

I was thinking to deploy a huge template one km size to simulate a move forward at the moment they disembark close an airfield but unfortunately the soldiers move away from each other 300m only.

the soldiers have not the options to receive move orders. I remember at the beginning ED did set move orders for infantry but maybe because the performance decreasing in MP they removed this option. with this we don't need this thread...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]