How to edit DCS Tracks

As far as I know, you have to do all the editing outside of the sim and completely inside of the video editor.

Effectively, what you do is Fraps all (and maybe more than you need) the clips from the track you flew and then "cut together" those clips in your video editor; In my case, Windows Movie Maker.

Run your tracks and Fraps multiple angles of the same time frame (time consuming), so that you have lots to work with and can edit the best bits together. Generally that's how it's done IRL (movies/tv).

Rectum non bustus

• 8 years later...

Hi, just in case someone finds this thread in the future.

In DCS there is a native editing of tracks. Once you record and save the track, you can replay it. If you change views during replay, the "new views" are "remembered". All one needs to do is either save, or save as new track file. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

After a mission I'll save and replay the track; flicking through all the aircraft to get a feel for the key moments. I then keep replaying the track, focusing on different aspects and experimenting with different views; saving each subsequent replay under a new name.

Once I have my prime cuts (steak pun intended) I'll export as the highest quality *.avi; choosing resolution and frame rate according to my mood. :) Then it's off to the real video editor to cut and splice.

It's amazing what gems can be found during *.trk playback with just the right target and view selected at the right time. Takes a lot of time, but multiple viewing and saving is well worth getting those money shots. :pilotfly: Cheers!

Wayne Saint

Gander, Newfoundland, Canada

"Do Unto Others BEFORE They Do Unto You..."

Apache, Comanche, Falcon, Hind, Intruder, Lightning II

Nighthawk, Rafale, Raptor, Strike Eagle, Tornado, Typhoon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]