F-16

SparxOne

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I almost forgot. Aren't the Iraqui and Egyptian Vipers limited to Sparrow? AFAIK those 2 operators were off limits for AMRAAMs exports but I might be mistaken I'm speaking of my own memory.

It appears so;

150 AIM-7M-F1/H SPARROW Missiles,

http://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/iraq-f-16-aircraft

AFAIK, This does not mean the got the weapons, but they where consider to receive it.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

If there ever is a F-16 in DCS, I would like to see the F-16A. The variant which bombed the Osirak reactor, made 33 Sidewinder- and gun-kills within 3 days and is responsible for the largest part of the Falcon's score.

The community would probably erupt in riot though :)

If there ever is a F-16 in DCS, I would like to see the F-16A. The variant which bombed the Osirak reactor, made 33 Sidewinder- and gun-kills within 3 days and is responsible for the largest part of the Falcon's score.

The community would probably erupt in riot though :)

If you go to this link, in the Deployment section select Opera; It will list all the aircraft that participated on the attack.

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/F-16/advanced-search/

They where F-16A block 5, not sure if Israel modified them by then.

Here is a list of special F-16:

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/F-16/interesting-aircraft/

To whom it may concern,

Now we are talking, that is what I would like - they were 4 x Block 5 and 4 x Block 10 that did Opera.

Furthermore the A is noticeable more maneuverable than the heavier C.

That is not accurate. A Block 5 with PW-200 is not as maneuverable Block 30 with GE-100. To many variables.

To whom it may concern,

It is accurate. The bigger engine makes the F-16 even heavier and hence less responsive.

You can ask every F-16 pilot who has flown both and they usually agree that e.g. pitch rate is noticable higher in the A model.

It's the same with basically every aircraft. The original basic design is the optimum. Every further weight growth reduces the perfectly balanced aerodynamics of the base model.

@schurem: Isn't the F100 a PW engine?

There are 6 engine on the F-16 and many sub-variants. (As of 2012, GE-100 was in Version C IIRC) F100-PW-200, F100-PW-220, F100-PW-229, F110-GE-100, F110-GE-129 and the F110-GE-132. F-16C have used the PW-200 (F-16 block 25) to the GE-129 (Block 50)

So, A models (Block 5, 10 etc) where lighter, but the PW-200 was far less powerful an unreliable with engines having varied performances. (not to mention suffering from AB blow out, stalls etc.) A GE-100 is heavier, but far more powerful and you are more likely to get the power you expect out of it.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I hope one day to find in my Module Manager the F-16..

Better if in the Block 50/52 version... ;-)

Just one reason to have it we can find in the following video.. absolutely amazing..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

That's all correct but not what I was talking about. I was just mentioning the better handling and faster response of the much lighter A model.

But if the engine does not perform, how can you be more maneuverable? If you start a turn in a Block 5 with a PW-200, just to have to stop paying attention to flying to now trying to figure out why is you engine stalling and why are you loosing power, how can you outmaneuver me in a block 30? The only thing I have to do is slam the throttle to the stop and I know I will get max power. Do you see what I mean when I say: "to many variables"?

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Better if in the Block 50/52 version... ;-)

-aaPNGkE3Vc

The video is of a F-16AM block 20 :D just saying

J-142

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

The bigmouth Block 30 is the best ACM machine by quite a long way over the early blocks if you talk to pilots that flew both - less to do with engine stagnation or having a lower pitch rate - it is simply more agile in certain areas.

The PW-200 had quite a few fixes over the PW-100 in the F-15 - but GAO reports from that era do still list it as a concern and the USAF also thought it needed improving because according to a case study the Alternate Fighter Engine was a direct response to P&W lack of diligence in resolving the issues.

e.g. Figures in the case study list a Stall rate of 2.5 per 1000 Engine Flight hours - improving to 0.65 with a DEEC as the PW-220 added.

I think before Digital Engine Management systems came in you will find these problems with any engines of this era if you dig hard enough.

The video is of a F-16AM block 20 :D just saying

J-142

Yes... the module I would like to have in my DCS collection is even the F-16 better if block 50/52. The video is not for that block but only for the beauty of this wonderfull "fly by wire" aircraft, with single frame canopy and single engine...

Since Falcon 4.0 exist I've flown with all version of this.. FF3 - AF - BMS. Now I dream to fly with it even in DCS World wich is my absolute preferred simulator. :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

Yes... the module I would like to have in my DCS collection is even the F-16 better if block 50/52. The video is not for that block but only for the beauty of this wonderfull "fly by wire" aircraft, with single frame canopy and single engine...

Since Falcon 4.0 exist I've flown with all version of this.. FF3 - AF - BMS. Now I dream to fly with it even in DCS World wich is my absolute preferred simulator. :smilewink:

Yeah,

besides an F-16C block 50/52 with CCIP upgrades would fall more in line with the 21st century aircraft like the A10C and a sister service workhorse to the F/A18C from the 2000s.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yeah,

besides an F-16C block 50/52 with CCIP upgrades would fall more in line with the 21st century aircraft like the A10C and a sister service workhorse to the F/A18C from the 2000s.

Yes .. You are right!! :thumbup: if we want to dream a little, we can say that with the beautiful F / A-18 coming in around April, we will have one of the main examples of multi-purpose aircraft and all-weather, day and night. So when we have the A / G radar we can really get the most out of this 4th generation aircraft. At this point we could get the F-16 Block 50/52. We will have both the USAF and US NAVY 4th generation multi-role aircraft.

If we combine the other modern aircraft such as the AV-8B or the Mirage 2000 and the beautiful Mig-29 and SU-33 aircrafts, we will have a complete group of modern modules. :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So guys,

what stops ED to create a F-16 module?

May be i missed the tread?

Thanx

Licence for a public release

System modeling, the F18 is helping a lot here with the advanced base technology.

It's only a matter of time we hope:), you can see it listed on thebattlesim.com

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Let's hope the release of the F/A-18C with its associated A-G radar and TGP will make the work on te Viper easier, so we can get a F-16 on DCS one day.

Should do, from what I've read around here. :thumbup:

Well, F/A-18C is going to have 'a full pack' of complex features needed for other modern jets - AG radar, JHMCS, Link 4/16, HUD repeater, automatic landing, AA radar + long range missiles, 3 displays in the cockpit (one with different rendering method), 2 mission computers, Digital FCS, supersonic flight, arrested landings, HARM, Walleye, JDAM/JSOW, etc... So, yes new compex products will be done faster after F/A-18C

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Yes .. You are right!! :thumbup: if we want to dream a little, we can say that with the beautiful F / A-18 coming in around April, we will have one of the main examples of multi-purpose aircraft and all-weather, day and night. So when we have the A / G radar we can really get the most out of this 4th generation aircraft. At this point we could get the F-16 Block 50/52. We will have both the USAF and US NAVY 4th generation multi-role aircraft.

If we combine the other modern aircraft such as the AV-8B or the Mirage 2000 and the beautiful Mig-29 and SU-33 aircrafts, we will have a complete group of modern modules. :smilewink:

Save for the av8b N/A which is in a 2000s era configuration as well ( has the AMPCD displays as 2000s era Hornet uses for its Moving map navigation) all those other examples are basically 80- early 90s planes.

Whilst France still does have some Mirage 2000C in service they have modified cockpits and instruments, for compatibility with Night vision Goggles. SOmething the IN game M2000C doesn't, because its a older configuration representative of the late 80s- early 90s. So the most fleshed out era as far as full fidelity modules, and the one that continues to expand the most are 21s century era iterations of 4th generation aircraft.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

well F16C block 50 is officially confirmed now as a future module.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

F-16

Why not a simple F-16 included in Flaming Cliffs 4 and a full simulattion part of a eagle dynamics or 3rd party.:thumbup:

Here is a nice F-16 picture enjoy

19.thumb.jpg.8cc47ad518f48169491b548b3a9b37c5.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.