Question about 2019 map progression

REDEYE_CVW-66

As mentioned, there are now multiple maps in the pipeline. As far as I know, they are the following

Syria - (Ugra Media)

Falklands (Razbam)

Free modern map (ED- will be main focus after PG now is finished)

WW2 Map 1- Unkown location (Developer?)

WW2 Map 2 - Unknown location (Developer?)

My question is- who are making the WW2 maps? ED? If so, it seems weird to be mentioned for a 2019 release lineup. ED use a long time on their maps, and are just now shifting into full steam with their FREE unknown map.

While Syria looks to have come a long way, 2019 seems like a reasonable year for release, but seing as we are a quarter plus into the year with many of these maps location still secret and not revealed, are these even slated for this year? Is this something that is planned for the future? Who are the developers?

It would be nice to know what to look forward to and have at least an idea (in years) of the timeframe and location of these maps.

They never said it is releasing in 2019

My question is- who are making the WW2 maps? ED? If so, it seems weird to be mentioned for a 2019 release lineup. ED use a long time on their maps, and are just now shifting into full steam with their FREE unknown map.

ED said they are working on this but never said it will be released this year.

"With 2018 we saw the release of the DCS: Persian Gulf Map. For 2019 we and our partners are working on two new World War II maps, a Syria map, a Falkland Islands map, and a new free map that we’ll discuss later in the year."

While Wags did confirm it will not be a Vietnam map, he never said it will be modern unless we are talking about modern in terms of "post WW2".

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

ED is making an Afghanistan, is that the free map they are talking about?

I think Afghanistan being the free map is a decent bet but there hasn't been any official word on it yet, the Afghanistan map was also strangely omitted from the newsletter that first mentioned the free map along other theatres currently in development for DCS.

We'll have to wait for an announcement to know for certain what the setting of the free map will be but we do know two things about it: that it's not a Vietnam map and that it's Wags' "Dream Map" (although I don't think any of us know Wags well enough to make anything out of the latter point :D).

Well, I read on a Swedish page that one of the maps that Heatblur might be doing is the area around the Swedish island Gotland in the Baltic Sea:

https://varvat.se/dcs-world-ajs-37-viggen-recension/

My translation of the last part:

"But I have heard a rumor that the studio might develop a new map for DCS. This time based on the region around Gotland. In other words, time to sink some Russian destroyers in the future."

That would be nice, especially if it covers some part of the Baltic coast and Kaliningrad. Good setting for some fictional cold war action... Landed on Gotland in a C-130 during my military service and they had Viggens on the Visby airport on "incident watch duty" back then, even though it was not a pemanent Viggen base. A lot of Soviet aircraft that regularly tested how fast they where able got into the air...

And we continue to have JAS 39's on Gotland in the same manner. Below an image of a JAS 39 landing on a regular road on Gotland (an old Viggen tradition to be able to land almost anywhere with very fast turn around):

a68d46ec-df6b-43a5-acf1-d7c2e240c0e3.jpg

Edited by mazex
Changed "is" to "might be doing"

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

• 5 weeks later...

Expect the news but not release

(...)

While Syria looks to have come a long way, 2019 seems like a reasonable year for release, but seing as we are a quarter plus into the year with many of these maps location still secret and not revealed, are these even slated for this year? (...)

I wish it was possible that we see a new map this year. However with one of the statements regarding NAS Fallon that Wags commented on, makes me think, that works will roll over to the timeframe beyond 2019.

7- All our map resources are tied up with new map projects for the next several years.

Original post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3714627&postcount=53

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 6 months later...

Going through the Weekend News of the past, we've really heard nothing about the new maps since January.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735513&postcount=178

Specifically: "For 2019 we and our partners are working on two new World War II maps, a Syria map, a Falkland Islands map, and a new free map that we’ll discuss later in the year."

Can we get a progress update? Are we still looking for something by the end of the year?

Going through the Weekend News of the past, we've really heard nothing about the new maps since January.

Specifically: "For 2019 we and our partners are working on two new World War II maps, a Syria map, a Falkland Islands map, and a new free map that we’ll discuss later in the year."

Can we get a progress update? Are we still looking for something by the end of the year?

It seems we cannot get any info before is more to the end of the year. :(

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

RAZBAM is continiously releasing new pictures of their Falkland map every few weeks on Facebook. Yes, Facebook...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm a bit confused about the new maps.

Could you please explain?

Which maps are we expecting ??

Syrian map ? 2 WWll maps? A free map ? A secret map ?

Falkland Island ? By the way, this one is about 6 times smaller than the Georgia ( Caucasian country )

Thank you

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Falkland Island ? By the way, this one is about 6 times smaller than the Georgia ( Caucasian country )

Not if it involves a huge chunk of the Atlantic and a part of the Argentinian mainland.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

If...

But I'm afraid, it won't be any Argentinian mainland

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

RAZBAM talk about can build the argentinian mainland in some time, similarly as the sucesive persian gulf expansions.

ED has talked about:

- on 2018 Newsletter a Afganistan map, but never has talked from them.

- on 2019 Newsletter talked about 2 WW2 maps, a new free map, Ugra media Syria map and the Razbam Falkland / Malvinas map.

- Wags show on a Hornet video a map called "Straigh of Dover" (surely one of WW2 maps).

About the Secret map..... has unkonow yet.

- The old "iwo jima" map by leatherneck on hold.

- And two Heatblur maps by AJS-37 and Tomcat, never started.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

An update of the maps status is mandatory. Hope ED can understand this, we're not requesting a date, simply an update of the map status and a name of the area covered, I think that after 10 months is time already.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Just a quick question : what's more difficult to build ?

A map or an aircraft ?

An example - Caucasus map / F16C

Edited by Lenux

• 3 weeks later...

It's strangely quiet on the map topics. I would expect that at least Syria (and even Afghanistan) maps should be shaping quite good by now already.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Just a quick question : what's more difficult to build ?

A map or an aircraft ?

An example - Caucasus map / F16C

Difficult? Definitely aircraft!

More work? Not sure.

Tornado3 small.jpg