Viggen vs MiG-21

Hummingbird

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this. Once the Viggen drops I'll be making a mission based on if this had gone bad in a more modern kind of setting

The mission name is obvious: Whisky on the rocks! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

To bring it back on topic...

So to sum it up, the Viggen will have in its favor better low speed performance, a more reliable radar (despite being limited to CAC modes, correct me if i missed something), better missiles, better rwr, and a somewhat better engine with a nasty trick if the mig gets too close.

The Mig will have in its favor it's roll rate, its meteoric acceleration, it's sometimes wacky handling on the edge, and its pilots' suicidal tendencies. And finally above 500 km/h it'll pretty much come down to which one had the better breakfast and better sleep.

But on one end the Mig will actively be looking for a fight while the AJS will actively be avoiding a fight, letting JAs, Finnish hornets, and Danish and Norwegian vipers and do most of the air to air work if possible

That is unless the AJSes are in a "sheep's clothing" setup with all 9s, as i expect more than a few players will do for fun b/c HawgCAP :D

Edited by hvymtal

My Logitech Extreme3D Pro "Essentials" Profiles for FC3 and 25T:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/599930/

VERN0UL.png

Thrustmaster T.16000M, TWCS

FC3, F-5E, M2000C, AJS-37, C-101, F-14, NTTR