Cougar MFD or other accessories

Skinnee

1. Pointing device. I would suggest gaming mouse or trackball ie one with programmable buttons and the more the merrier. Gotta have it to interact with cockpit. Worth spending some $ on this, it's critical.

2. Buttons you can do by feel. Here, going to the keyboard isn't always terrrible, easy to find the ESC key, SPACE, and the number pad by feel. Still helpful to have some buttons handy, I have six on my joystick base, warthog bases have plenty of switches you can find by feel.

If that's not enough, an external button device will come in handy. I used a USB keypad for a while, it actually works pretty well. Various devices made for gamers are available. You can make a button box using arduino, helps if you have a buddy with a 3D printer (Hermit, you da man!)

An MFD is buttons I suppose, you'll have to feel around for em.... unless.... I'm thinking video passthru! Yeah... that could work maybe?

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Video passthrough would be worse than by feel. Depth perception even with the Index is a little off. I have MFDs that I use with non vr sims and I used with DCS before getting VR. I can use the MFDs by feel, but it is much easier to just use the VR controller or mouse to hit the buttons.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

Video passthrough would be worse than by feel. Depth perception even with the Index is a little off. I have MFDs that I use with non vr sims and I used with DCS before getting VR. I can use the MFDs by feel, but it is much easier to just use the VR controller or mouse to hit the buttons.

Want you think of the valve index, not sure on reverb or index

Wondering if any MFD or UFC are worthwhile in VR.

Looking at building a VR pc but not sure on what else beside headset and voice attack for a good experience is needed

Thanks in advance

Yes they are, the closer to the real location, the better.

For that, I put them around my Virpil desk mount.

Besides, for better tactile recognition, I use some silicone adhesive pad on every center pushbutton.

Much much better than reaching for my trackball.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I use TM MFDs without problems, I use a tip that saw here, just glue a small piece of plastic in the middle button of each five buttons rows. It works ver nice like a mark, by feeling. You can press MFD buttons and look outside cockpit if you need, handy.

And I use a Razer gaming keypad for UFC. No need to look either.

I try to use mouse less as possible.