Supercarrier "LITE"

RustBelt

Would love a lower impact Supercarrier stand in since I genuinely don't care about the stupid thing and it's a lag speedbump anytime you fly near it in Multiplayer. I'm glad people are enjoying it, but it's just in my way and is a resource hog.

Edited by RustBelt

Not sure if I understand this wish correctly.

You want each client to be able select the visual level of detail shown specifically for the Supercarrier? Like in the graphics menu or what? Or, you just don't want to see it at all (and just crash into it if you're unlucky)?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

...... you mean like the Stennis, which is the same thing, but minus all the fancy features that hog fps? Devs don't have any control over what's in somebody else's missions. Don't fly near it is all I can say, or upgrade your toaster to the new four slice model with autotimer.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Not sure if I understand this wish correctly.

You want each client to be able select the visual level of detail shown specifically for the Supercarrier? Like in the graphics menu or what? Or, you just don't want to see it at all (and just crash into it if you're unlucky)?

A proper lower resource substitute. I know the Stennis can't do it because they bought the 98% full size model when they cobbled it together instead of an actually proper sized 3d model. Either graphics menu or just an install choice, Full Carrier or Lite. Same names same calls on the client just less over done over modeled resource hog.

I mean I was on a MP server where the thing was hanging out near Dubai, and I legit couldn't look its direction even 30 miles away because it started lagging the hell out of everything because it's loading in goofy crap like interior rooms and whatever and activating all this AI.

If I wanted that, I'd buy it. I don't want it, I didn't buy it, but I still have to deal with its sloppy fat carcass.

A proper lower resource substitute. I know the Stennis can't do it because they bought the 98% full size model when they cobbled it together instead of an actually proper sized 3d model. Either graphics menu or just an install choice, Full Carrier or Lite. Same names same calls on the client just less over done over modeled resource hog.

I mean I was on a MP server where the thing was hanging out near Dubai, and I legit couldn't look its direction even 30 miles away because it started lagging the hell out of everything because it's loading in goofy crap like interior rooms and whatever and activating all this AI.

If I wanted that, I'd buy it. I don't want it, I didn't buy it, but I still have to deal with its sloppy fat carcass.

Ok, we get it.. You don't like the SC...

Why not move to another server, or create your own?

Don't you think your request is a little odd? Asking ED to spend valuable resources in implementing this, while it seems the problem is hardware related on your side?

No offence meant, but I've been flying around the SC since it's release and apart from maybe single digit framedrops, it's very enjoyable (both SP and MP). And my system isn't over the top fast or anything.

Maybe the creator of the server/mission you were talking about, placed way to many statics on deck? (there obviously is a balance point)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Ok, we get it.. You don't like the SC...

Why not move to another server, or create your own?

Don't you think your request is a little odd? Asking ED to spend valuable resources in implementing this, while it seems the problem is hardware related on your side?

No offence meant, but I've been flying around the SC since it's release and apart from maybe single digit framedrops, it's very enjoyable (both SP and MP). And my system isn't over the top fast or anything.

Maybe the creator of the server/mission you were talking about, placed way to many statics on deck? (there obviously is a balance point)

It's a wishlist, I WISH they had thought about a lower resource using Supercarrier Stand in in the base game.

I'm quite happy with the servers I fly in. Not at all sure if there's any adjustments I could do on my side unless there's a way to get it to just load the thing in at spawn instead of waiting to be near it while I'm in the air, but I'm not the only one who notices the big hiccup when you get anywhere in the vicinity of the SC.

So I WISH they would either revise the Stennis to work as a direct substitute, or provide a lower complexity common model of the SC for people who don't own it.

Again, it's a Wish list. Odds are they never look at this, and even if they do, they don't really care.

Minimum system requirements (LOW graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Intel Core i3 at 2.8 GHz or AMD FX; RAM: 8 GB (16 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 60 GB; Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 / AMD R9 280X or better; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements (HIGH graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 56 with 8GB VRAM or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

Recommended VR systems requirements (VR graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

:music_whistling:

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

DCS: Supercarrier:

Minimum system requirements (LOW graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Intel Core i3 at 2.8 GHz or AMD FX; RAM: 8 GB (16 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 60 GB; Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 / AMD R9 280X or better; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements (HIGH graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 56 with 8GB VRAM or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

Recommended VR systems requirements (VR graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

:music_whistling:

Relevance? He did not buy SC, why would SC system requirements apply to him?

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

Relevance? He did not buy SC, why would SC system requirements apply to him?

Those requirements are really for DCSW in general, post corrected.

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

i7 6700k, Z170 motherboard, 40GB 3200mhz ram, NVME M2 ssd for OS, 7200 RPM HDD for page file, 7200 RPM HDD for DCS and DCS Save game folder, GTX780Ti running DCS in one 1920x1080 monitor with another 1920x1080 for Viewports. Running Middle of the road setting per https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3828073&postcount=1

No problems even in Down town Dubai. But, that Carrier load in, every time, hercky-jerky speed bumps. Then it’s fine, until you get far enough away and come back and it has to load in again.

Edit: and it’s a dedicated Sim rig. Nothing else lives or runs on it.

My squadron and I play regularly with the Soper Carrier in multiplayer in the release and we have experienced no performance problems. It actually works better than the Stennins if you place a large number of static aircraft and vehicles on deck.

I run DCS to its max graphic settings.

From your specs the only thing that comes to my mind is that your graphic card maybe your bottleneck.

The SC as as early access has a zillion of things to fix but I would not say that performance optimization would be a top priority.

Persian Gulf, Super Carrier and Hornets surely need an up to date rig to run then smothly but this is part of the software evolution.

Look for a different configuration settings for your rig. There are a lot of post on this forum with great tips to optimize your performance in DCS.

My squadron and I play regularly with the Soper Carrier in multiplayer in the release and we have experienced no performance problems.

Same here. Sure, FPS drops a bit if the SC loads in, but that is to be expected and is nowhere near being a substantial drop. There seems to be something wrong with the OPs rig/config in particular :dunno:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

i7 6700k, Z170 motherboard, 40GB 3200mhz ram, NVME M2 ssd for OS, 7200 RPM HDD for page file, 7200 RPM HDD for DCS and DCS Save game folder, GTX780Ti running DCS in one 1920x1080 monitor with another 1920x1080 for Viewports. Running Middle of the road setting per https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3828073&postcount=1

No problems even in Down town Dubai. But, that Carrier load in, every time, hercky-jerky speed bumps. Then it’s fine, until you get far enough away and come back and it has to load in again.

1. You'd be better off with the pagefile on SSD.

2. Your card is probably 3GB so I wouldn't recommend Texture quality any higher than Medium.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

When I ran DCS off a 7200 RPM HDD it ran good overall but it still had a few hiccups once in a while just flying in the middle of nowhere. Then when I flew near enemy targets that had heavy defenses it really bogged my system down. Now the hiccups are gone and my system does not get so over whelmed trying to process everything. So I recommend moving DCS to an SSD.