Protect the Vicksburg HELP!

captain_dalan

Not a bug, but definitely a problem.

Any hints on how to tackle this mission? At first i thought i need to go to the bullseye, replace the F-14 pair that patrols the area and then intercept the incoming bandits.

But, by the time i get there the Vicksburg is already destroyed. So i thought maybe i should scramble and burn all the way in, but when i looked at the mission results, it turns out the ship is destroyed not by red planes (they haven't even gotten there) but by missiles strikes, probably from the red fleet.

So, how do i protect the ship? I can't even get there in time. If i burned all the way in, i won't have enough fuel to patrol the area. And the radar won't pick up the missiles in time anyways.

Help?

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Probably bugged due to DCS changes. Last year I could easily get to the ship area at cruise speed and begin patrol.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Probably bugged due to DCS changes. Last year I could easily get to the ship area at cruise speed and begin patrol.

Ah, good to know! :thumbup:

This was the only A-A mission from the default package i never got to complete before my hiatus, and i just gave it a go this weekend.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache