Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

Ordered! Just outside of the June batch tho, aww :)

Just to double check, does the analog ALPS have a "button" when depressing the stick or would one need to install the extra button for that? Tech spec. on the stick says it has center push but was unsure if its enabled for lack of better wording.

Thanks for your order :)

Yes the ALPS version does have a centre push down button that works with the throttle, just like the original did.

The people installing extras are for my other much more expensive (and now all sold out) kits.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

I seem to have missed this news about the VPC throttle, that's very unfortunate.

I would think that would be a deal breaker for allot of people, VPC you need someone to show you how it's done? :megalol: (jokes)

Yeah, they are planning on it, but it will be a separate thing in the future at "some point". It was 100% a deal breaker for me TBH, If i want a 4-way style slew I might as well just use the keyboard for it.

I have their T-50 stick inbound, but I will be using my Warthog throttle until the analogue slew T-50 throttle is released and has also been out for long enough to have some decent reviews. Hence why your product caught my eye, even mentioned it to a buddy who also has a WH. Funnily enough, he uses an Xbox controller that uses the same ALPS stick by his PC exclusively for the slew functionality it provides over the WH one! He should feel right at home using your mod.

Deltaalphalima1

How about a kit for move Warthog "friction"* axis for side of left throttle grip, like Debolestis did in this Suncom:

https://s33.postimg.cc/pdfz78u1b/F-15_antena.jpg

Will make Warthog throttle more functional for F-15- F-18.

*"Friction" lever remain non operational.

Seb71

You are right, I count axes wrong. :D

Edited by Sokol1_br

I sent the last 3 pre-orders today, if you don't recieve a shipping conformation email very soon please send me a PM and I will look into it :)

Does the "Your shipment is confirmed" notice mean mine has shipped? I also notice it includes the language "We've accepted your order and we're getting it ready". I wasn't sure if that means there would be an additional status change at shipment. Order #1021 here.

Thanks!

I’m thinking of opening a Shapeways store so you can buy spare/upgrade parts in the future, so I could have different hats as an option on there?

I think this would be useful in case a piece breaks at some point or you do cosmetic updates to the design in the future. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does the "Your shipment is confirmed" notice mean mine has shipped? I also notice it includes the language "We've accepted your order and we're getting it ready". I wasn't sure if that means there would be an additional status change at shipment. Order #1021 here.

Thanks!

You should receive 2 emails for an order, one when you place the order - "Order {{name}} confirmed", and one when it ships - "A shipment from order {{ name }} is on the way"

Order #1021 has definitely shipped. Hopefully it will be with you this week, or early next week.

Hope that helps

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

Any chance of selling the force sensor again at a higher price point? The sensor itself is still available on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/462-JOYSTICK-ULTRA-MSI/292411568241

The listing is still up but I have spoken to the seller and he only has a couple of brand new units left, mostly he only used parts which I am not comfortable selling. The next best option for new units is https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/joystick-switches/0419681/ which is far too expensive.

At the moment I have 60 pre-orders of my mini stick version to fulfil, so I need to devote all my time to that. No more force sensors for the foreseeable future unfortunately :(

Deltaalphalima1

How about a kit for move Warthog "friction"* axis for side of left throttle grip, like Debolestis did in this Suncom:

https://s33.postimg.cc/pdfz78u1b/F-15_antena.jpg

Will make Warthog throttle more functional for F-15- F-18.

I like this idea. Alot. Watch this space :D

The analog switch arrived yesterday.

...i mounted it today, but my flying Pc is off (broken psu) so i tried it on a laptop

..just the recalibration and the correct behavior.... anyway it feels really good

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Received my analog switch as well in the past week. haven't had time to install it yet, but will report back when I do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

No more force sensors for the foreseeable future unfortunately :(

I see, I understand. Would it be possible to provide the CAD file for the 3D-printed sleeve that the sensor mounts into?

Edited by Ranma13

I see, I understand. Would it be possible to provide the CAD file for the 3D-printed sleeve that the sensor mounts into?

Yes I have uploaded the STL files here for anyone interested.

The slew hat the there too, but note the holes in that need drilling and tapping to the correct size for it to fit, using a 2.2mm drill bit and an M3 tap.

(provided as is for reference only, no guarantees they will fit or work for you)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17qAj8wjhKmQAxEYEOHDLPiG5NcjzPXvt

I still have some parts left over too, if you can send me a PM I might be able to sort you out with them :)

Just received the Analog stick kit and Installed it.

It's definitely an improvement over the original.

However, I'm a disappointed with the resolution.

Do I have an issue with my unit ? See attached the JoyTester output.

I have a vague recollection that the resolution is 8bits which might explain that.

Also sometimes, in game steering the TGP, when I scroll left or right to the max deflection of the thumbstick, it just stops for some reason. Up-down continues to work but I have to recenter for it to register left-right movement.

Am I the only one ?

Thanks.

test-thumbstick.PNG.50f58771d0db4680a12ad49072a6f6bf.PNG

Happy Flying ! :pilotfly:

--

My specs: i7 8700K oc 5.0gHz, Asus Maximus Hero X, 32 Go DDR4 3600MHz, GTX1080 oc 2025MHz, Samsung Evo 960 SSD, Oculus rift CV1, 2 sensors. VKB Gunfighter w/ Warthog stick. Warthog throttle. Custom 6xrotary box. MFG rudder pedals

Just received the Analog stick kit and Installed it.

It's definitely an improvement over the original.

However, I'm a disappointed with the resolution.

Do I have an issue with my unit ? See attached the JoyTester output.

I have a vague recollection that the resolution is 8bits which might explain that.

Also sometimes, in game steering the TGP, when I scroll left or right to the max deflection of the thumbstick, it just stops for some reason. Up-down continues to work but I have to recenter for it to register left-right movement.

Am I the only one ?

Thanks.

The resolution is 8 bits, but the throttle is also limited to a 10Hz update rate on the slew sensor. That’s something hard coded into the throttle so it can't be improved unfortunately.

This is what causes the jumpy looking readings in joytester. I have just run a test and got very similar looking results. The resolution is better than that makes it look.

The stopping in game you have said about does not seem normal, please can you try the following and if it still does it send me a PM and I will look into it further.

Open "set up USB game controllers" in windows control panel

Open the warthog throttle

Open the settings tab

Click "reset to default"

If it’s not ghosted, click apply

Click ok

Then recalibrate using the Thrustmaster utility, take that process slow and make sure to move to all the edges, and make sure it is well centred when asked.

I also received my analog slew now. I´m really impressed on the difference it makes. Slewing the TGP in the A-10C is really much much better than before. Deadly precise.

I also had the feeling the stick get´s stuck here and then when movin the TGP to the left side. But I was not really able to double check this if the TGP spotted something and got stuck because of this. I will watch this closer and reset the throttle if I find it to be the slew itself.

Thanks Delta for the great work you did. This is what I wanted badly for years already. The Warthog should have had this from stock.

Keep up your good work to suport the community in such a good way.

Xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz