Little note about the FM from the devs

borchi_2b

Dear community.

First of all, we are still reading the postings and discussions of interest.

I can assure you that we discussed the Gazelle a lot in the past. Currently I am waiting for some response from the french army about the Gazelle.

At the moment what we can state is, that the SA342M Gazelle in the game flys very close to what the real thing is like. Unfortuantely the french SCAS system is always active in the background of the system and we did receive the intel that the pilots do fight the SCAS sytem regularly as we do to in the sim. We do await more data on the Gazelle. As soon we do have the intel we will take another look into the module. When that will be depends on many factors.

If someone is tired fighting the SCAS like the french army pilots, then we do recommend, same what the army pilots did tell us, to switch off all aiding systems like gyro and AP.

About the VRS what people do feel would be an issue, we have the following intel for you.

The french SA342M Gazelle has different composite blades then any other Gazelle version out there. The blades are optimised for lift do to the heavy Viviane system and it is very hard to bring the 342M into a VRS condition in reallife and in the sim. We have had a couple occasions though on the NEVADA map where we had experianced VRS in a high hover, hot weather condition and were not able to recover fast enough.

If anybody still has issues with the trim, please switch off the FFB function ingame. The trim should work as it is planed.

We wish you for now a happy flying and hope you still enjoy the Gazelle as we still enjoy her although we are stuck in new developments.

Polychop Team

Edited by Polychop Simulations
  • Like 4

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the feedback! I want something that is authentic, even if that means it's a challenge to fly! I still haven't figured this helo out yet, but that is part of the fun and experience of the sim! Thanks for all you do and keep it as authentic as possible! Thx!

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply to all. Hope what ever internal issues there are work out soon!

I think the Gazelle is great, I am very happy we have third party helicopters :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Thanks the Gazelle flies great, thanks. :thumbup:

Although I have mostly flown the L variant.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

At the moment what we can state is, that the SA342M Gazelle in the game flys very close to what the real thing is like.

You mean you can descent with it upside down? like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIXxJ-RA3bA

Or fly without touching the cyclic with huge asymmetric load?

If anybody still has issues with the trim, please switch off the FFB function ingame. The trim should work as it is planed.

I have a FFB stick and yes the trim is awful... disabling FFB option would simply disable trim (for all modules)... thank you but that is not a solution... for me.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

A quick question for the Devs regarding the FM.

In other helo's in DCS (apart from the Ka-50) when you increase or decrease the collective, you have to compensate with the pedals because you're increasing or decreasing the torque the main rotors are producing. This is expected behaviour for helo's and its just part of the many quirks of helicopter aerodynamics.

In the Gazelle, we don't have to do that. You can snap the collective up and down without it having any torque effects. Your helo just climbs and descends without you ever having to touch the pedals.

Is this expected behaviour for the Gazelle? I'm not sure if it's down to a bug with the flight model or if the real Gazelle has some sort of yaw trim that automatically compensates for collective inputs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Gazelle FM is very UFO IMHO. Even if SCAS always on and ballancing helicopter to horizon offcourse through rotor head movement then whole helicopter must at least little moves at roll and pitch.

i5-4670/3,4Ghz/16GB DDR3/64xWin7/GTX1070/2xHDD RAID-0/1080p/Своп на отдельном харде

Gazelle FM is very UFO IMHO. Even if SCAS always on and ballancing helicopter to horizon offcourse through rotor head movement then whole helicopter must at least little moves at roll and pitch.

Yes, that's the most puzzling problem I have with Gazelle. No matter what crazy things you do with the collective or rudder, it doesn't seem to affect pitch and bank. You can turn helicopter sideways using pedals only, and the huge change in drag and balance does nothing to the aircraft attitude.

No stabilization/control augmentation system is THAT good in real life? Or is it indeed possible?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I'm in a state of total dissonance.

On one hand I want to believe the developer is doing things right.

But on the other I see examples of the Gazelle doing things that are aerodynamically suicidal or impossible. (Even small things, like the tail assembly not aligning to the flight heading by aerodynamic forces with all the stabilization systems off, and hands off the controls)

Please, Polychop, give us peace of mind -.-'

I'm in a state of total dissonance.

On one hand I want to believe the developer is doing things right.

But on the other I see examples of the Gazelle doing things that are aerodynamically suicidal or impossible. (Even small things, like the tail assembly not aligning to the flight heading by aerodynamic forces with all the stabilization systems off, and hands off the controls)

Please, Polychop, give us peace of mind -.-'

Let them fix it maybe? Pretty sure they are in the background.........................

Let them fix it maybe? Pretty sure they are in the background.........................

What are you talking about? The devs think the FM is very close to reality!!!

I don't believe it... It's like manoeuvring a moon-lander in vacuum - dosen't react to wind or anything... This must be a bad (!) joke...

• Like 1

What are you talking about? The devs think the FM is very close to reality!!!

I don't believe it... It's like manoeuvring a moon-lander in vacuum - dosen't react to wind or anything... This must be a bad (!) joke...

I also have a hard time believing that the real thing doesn't hover in ground effect. It seems when I watch videos of gazelles taking off, they very much look as if they are hovering in ground effect. While the FM in DCS feels like your hovering out of ground effect at all times.

Still enjoy the challenge of flying her, but just don't buy that its realistic at least not to the Huey's standard. Definitely to other sims.

Edited by aileron
Adding Video

You know the Huey has also very important flaws?

This is keeping you away from flying it also?

Example:

1.- Engine working even ON RED ARC TEMP, no matter how many time you are over the green arc. Real Huey engine cant work on red temp arc for more than a few SECONDS.

2.- The freewheeling unit uncoupling is not properly simulated if you just move the throttle to the idle position, (as required for a recovered autorrotation) and the rotor and engine needles (N2) move together up and down except on the final touchdown.

At idle, engine needle should show around 4000 rpm (68%-72% N1) and rotor rpm can be controlled with the collective control.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

You know the Huey has also very important flaws?

This is keeping you away from flying it also?

Example:

1.- Engine working even ON RED ARC TEMP, no matter how many time you are over the green arc. Real Huey engine cant work on red temp arc for more than a few SECONDS.

2.- The freewheeling unit uncoupling is not properly simulated if you just move the throttle to the idle position, (as required for a recovered autorrotation) and the rotor and engine needles (N2) move together up and down except on the final touchdown.

At idle, engine needle should show around 4000 rpm (68%-72% N1) and rotor rpm can be controlled with the collective control.

:doh: Just because the Huey has some flaws too, it does not justify the flaws of another module...

Thats not my point.

The point is:

X chopper has flaws: I´m not going to fly it. What a crap ¡¡¡

Y chopper has flaws: i´m flying, its fine.

And YES. Beeing able to OVERHEAT the Hueys engine HOURS is at the same level of "nosense" and nobody is arguing about stop flying it.

So enjoy what we have and let developers do they job.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

And YES. Beeing able to OVERHEAT the Hueys engine HOURS is at the same level of "nosense" and nobody is arguing about stop flying it.

Unless the real Gazelle has a component that is designed to fail after a few moments of over torque, I don't understand the current behavior at all. You go into the redline for more than a second or two, and the engine shuts down and can't be re-engaged to the rotors.

To my knowledge, all turbine engines have a sort of "self preservation" governor that will prevent it from exceeding certain limiting parameters, usually EGT. Once this limit is reached, the engine won't throttle up any further and the rotors will underspeed if more collective is added.

You are correct though, it prevents immediate damage/destruction of the powerplant, but won't keep it from degrading over a longer period of time. The Mi-8 models this very accurately in my opinion.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

The Huey hasn´t any EGT cut limit preventing from overheating.

It´s clearly stated on the manual that passing 625ºC to 675º C more than 10 seconds or 675ºC to 760º C more than 5 seconds will DESTROY the engine in no time.

But my point is:

Support Developers. This is a niche market, only a handful of companies are making this. Be polite and respectful, Help them catching bugs and flaws in a educated manner. Enjoy what we have and give them time to polish, fix complete the products.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Support Developers. This is a niche market, only a handful of companies are making this. Be polite and respectful, Help them catching bugs and flaws in a educated manner. Enjoy what we have and give them time to polish, fix complete the products.

This.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

It has been an entire year since we all payed full price for this module.

Ridiculous.