Multiplayer/Singleplayer popularity poll 2019/20

D4n

-- someone else's quote

Pro MP: «Multiplayer is great because of people!»

Pro SP: «Multiplayer is horrible because of people!»

-- end quote

Quite frankly, it's hard to disprove that.

So true.

MP mostly, for me, just because I like working with humans - SP for some training & quirky scenarios, but I much prefer training with other people too. Even if I'm not directly working with anyone at a given time, I find it much easier to invest in the scenario if I know other people are also working on it, vs AI working on it.

Edited by Richard Dastardly

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

Because us MP players are convinced that MP is a very essential and human part of DCS (communication, teamwork, coordination, ...).

although I don't really disagree with what you say, MP in DCS is still a small percentage of overall player base. It's just the way it is at this point.

Yeah, of course not, but in ''open to public'' servers it's a crapshoot whether you are dealing with nice people, jerks, people screwing around, or hackers. Closed to public clan servers don't have that problem, but you all have to schedule time to play together and stick to it regularly.

As a result, people who want to avoid the more irritating aspects of online play and have a more 'sterile' calmer environment have two choices:

Clan

People who can swing the time commitment join clans. I wholeheartedly endorse clan play. However, the ones who can't (me *sadface*) end up playing offline. I like the IDEAL of multiplayer. The reality is sadly far from that ideal :p

I fall in the same boat. My rotating work schedule doesn’t allow me to join an organized clan. Wish I could find a MP server where I could team up with other adults to practice, learn things, and fly missions.

I fall in the same boat. My rotating work schedule doesn’t allow me to join an organized clan. Wish I could find a MP server where I could team up with other adults to practice, learn things, and fly missions.

You can team up and learn things on PvP servers aswell. And there are several popular PvP servers out there

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• D4n changed the title to Multiplayer/Singleplayer popularity poll 2019/20