F-4E Phantom news?

Hummingbird

i hope they let HB make phantom instead waiting for years..

I'm pretty sure HB is already busy working on other modules, so it would take years then too.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, we know HB is moving into the F-14A here shortly. Then they have the A-6E AI model to produce. After their carrier, it’s up in the air on if they’ll continue developing new stuff for DCS or not. If they do, I would hope they consider making a Navy F-4J or F-4S while keeping the door open for ED and their F-4E.

Specs: i9 9900k, GTX 1080ti, 32gb ram, Oculus Rift S

Modules Owned: A-10A, A-10C, F-5E, F-14B, F-15C, F-16C, F-86F, M2000, MiG-29, MiG-21

Modules Most Wanted: F-4B, F-4C, F-4D, F-4E, F-4J, F-4N, F-4S

Well, we know HB is moving into the F-14A here shortly. Then they have the A-6E AI model to produce. After their carrier, it’s up in the air on if they’ll continue developing new stuff for DCS or not. If they do, I would hope they consider making a Navy F-4J or F-4S while keeping the door open for ED and their F-4E.

I'm pretty sure they're already working on a totally new module for quite some time. They gave some hints that it will be a multi engine, multi crew fast jet. But it's OT here. See threads like this or this for more on that.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm pretty sure they're already working on a totally new module for quite some time. They gave some hints that it will be a multi engine, multi crew fast jet. But it's OT here. See threads like this or this for more on that.

multi engine and multicrew fast jet... it's a phantom! :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yes! HB Phantom Confirmed!

Specs: i9 9900k, GTX 1080ti, 32gb ram, Oculus Rift S

Modules Owned: A-10A, A-10C, F-5E, F-14B, F-15C, F-16C, F-86F, M2000, MiG-29, MiG-21

Modules Most Wanted: F-4B, F-4C, F-4D, F-4E, F-4J, F-4N, F-4S

I wish, but rather Tornado or F-111

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

Why oh why did you have to postpone this one ED! *cry* :'(

They do have the F-18, F-16, cockpit upgrades/new verison of KA-50, some Huey upgrades (cockpit and maybe multicrew?), finishing off Anton, finishing off Yak-52, the new DM system, the P-47, the Mi-24, the Mosquito, alongside new weather (as Wags recently mentioned it again) and AI tweaks and all the other core bits. Oh, and the carrier DLC too.

It's a lot of stuff currently in production.

Not suprising this and the AH-1 had to be shelved.

Don't forget though, the F-16 was shelved for ~5 years after we first saw some WIP shots. We've got it now though.

Don't forget though, the F-16 was shelved for ~5 years after we first saw some WIP shots. We've got it now though.
And the Hornet was meant to be the next module after A-10C in 2010 :lol: . Hope Phantom doesn't take that long, but yes, delays happens.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

They do have the F-18, F-16, cockpit upgrades/new verison of KA-50, some Huey upgrades (cockpit and maybe multicrew?), finishing off Anton, finishing off Yak-52, the new DM system, the P-47, the Mi-24, the Mosquito, alongside new weather (as Wags recently mentioned it again) and AI tweaks and all the other core bits. Oh, and the carrier DLC too.

It's a lot of stuff currently in production.

Not suprising this and the AH-1 had to be shelved.

Wags in Nov. 2017:

As you can see, DCS’s World War II series doesn’t compete with modern aircraft projects for development resources. In fact, it supports it! The same is true with the L-39 and Yak-52 projects.
Source: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196539

Sorry but I would take those statements with a giant-sized grain of salt.

Go ask the Hornet guys about the „Viper developement totally doesn‘t affect hornet development“ statement by ED for reference.

I‘m disappointed too that the Phantom got pushed so far back and instead we now got another complex and development resource-intensive 4th gen blue fbw fighter, but hey, it‘s EDs train set and they get to make the business decisions which makes the most sense to them.

Regards,

Snappy

Sorry but I would take those statements with a giant-sized grain of salt.

Go ask the Hornet guys about the „Viper developement totally doesn‘t affect hornet development“ statement by ED for reference.

That's what I actually wanted to illustrate: you can't believe ED's PR statements.

That's what I actually wanted to illustrate: you can't believe ED's PR statements.

Not quite sure what point you're trying to make though.

If anything, it just backs up my point there's a lot in the oven so it's logical that others get put on the backburner.

I mean, I'd rather have had an F-4 over the F-18 or F-16, but ho-hum, we are where we are.

My impression was the release of the F-16C was going to push the release of the F-4E back a year or two, not six to ten years.
Well, nobody said it's gonna take 6 to 10 years. Hope not at least :cry:. We have Viper, Mi-24, a Mosquito somewhere but WWII stuff follows it's own path. Hope F-4E is the next one to those, and hope that's not 6-10 years away, don't know how long, but not that much.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 9 months later...
Kinda hope that they will update that ugly AI model much sooner. Also damage model could get some tweaking.

We're talking about a playable full fidelity module here.

Tornado3 small.jpg