VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

24 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Huh, I thought it was listed in both the FAQ and manual, but couldn't find it. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

It is probably a conflict of the way they communicate with DCS through the export.lua file I guess.

Perhaps...but DiCE doesn't have a line in the export.lua, so that is why it is confusing to me. No big deal though DiCE is a great program, but I have a modded countermeasures lua used through OvGME at this point, so I don't need it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Discord:https://discord.gg/b8AgE5m

Hello!

So I have noticed that it is not possible to order Jester to lock an specific radar contact. You can do it if you are in TWS and have AIM-54 onboard as in that case the system assigns a number to each track and you can order Jester to lock an specific track using that number.

However, if you are not in TWS or you don't have AIM-54 onboard, the system doesn't assign this number and you can't lock an specific contact using AIRIO. If you disable AIRIO and use the wheel instead, you have to option to do so as shown in these screenshots from a Grim Reaper's video:

chrome_2022-01-13_11-52-05.jpg

chrome_2022-01-13_12-05-40.jpg

So this means that it should be possible to integrate this into AIRIO. I understand that it would be difficult to integrate it directly into AIRIO as saying the azimuth or knowing which number in the wheel is assigned to each contact is impossible. But I've been thinking and if this idea could be introduced I think it could be a good solution to have this critical ability built into AIRIO:

Would it be possible to issue a command that makes pop-out a text message that lists all the contacts with the REL. AZ. and DISTANCE as in the wheel, with an assigned number 1-8 , and then order Jester to lock them by saying that number?

For instance:

Player: "Lock Specific Target"

Result: Text message is shown with:

1. Rel. Az.: 20 Distance: 13 nm

2. Rel. Az.: 18 Distance: 37 nm

Player: "Lock target 2"

Result: Jester locks bandit 2 Rel. Az.: 18 Distance: 37 nm

I hope something like this could be implemented as having the ability of locking an specific contact is very important.

Best regards,

Edited by Al-Azraq
  • Thanks 1

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

22 hours ago, Al-Azraq said:

... So I have noticed that it is not possible to order Jester to lock an specific radar contact. ...I hope something like this could be implemented as having the ability of locking an specific contact is very important...

Or enable Jester Wheel while using AIRIO.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

33 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Flying the Huey now after the OB patch. Currently no issues, just have to trigger the TX a couple of times until the module is recognized.
I'm on VAICOM 2.5.24.0 version though.

I will try later today

• Like 1

I tried with all helis, it is better with huey but perfect with every other helicopter. In huey you may have to repeat "options" 2-3 times for it to work. Before it was working perfect in huey too, so there is still something that needs to be fixed.

• Like 1

After the new OB patch the " / " Menu always shows after open the Voice attack app, don't know why? any suggestions? 

Thanks 

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

30 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Does it blink? The comms menu?
Did you update DCS without closing VoiceAttack first?

yes it does, blinking all the time, Voice attack is up to date to last version 

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

6 minutes ago, stalhuth said:

yes it does, blinking all the time, Voice attack is up to date to last version 

Well, the point was. Did you close VoiceAttack before updating DCS. If no, that's why you have the issue.
VoiceAttack runs the VAICOM plugin, but that you know. 😉

Anyway, try closing both DCS and VoiceAttack. Then start VA first, and WAIT until VAICOM has started. Then DCS.
If all god, fine.
If not, close DCS, reset LUA in the VAICOM control panel, restart VA, and WAIT, then start DCS.
Should work now, if not. Ask again.

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Well, the point was. Did you close VoiceAttack before updating DCS. If no, that's why you have the issue.
VoiceAttack runs the VAICOM plugin, but that you know. 😉

Anyway, try closing both DCS and VoiceAttack. Then start VA first, and WAIT until VAICOM has started. Then DCS.
If all god, fine.
If not, close DCS, reset LUA in the VAICOM control panel, restart VA, and WAIT, then start DCS.
Should work now, if not. Ask again.

I did all that and the problem persist 😞 

7 hours ago, stalhuth said:

Close DCS.
Turn on debug in VAICOM control panel.

image.png

Close VA
Rename export.lua in usually, path may be different.

C:\Users\%username%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts
or
C:\Users\%username%\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

image.png

Then start VA and post a screenshot of VA log here.

image.png

Start DCS to see if that fixed it. If not, I'll have a look at the log you provided. 😉

Cheers!

16 hours ago, tomeye said:

I tried with all helis, it is better with huey but perfect with every other helicopter. In huey you may have to repeat "options" 2-3 times for it to work. Before it was working perfect in huey too, so there is still something that needs to be fixed.

We will get a fix. 😉

Out of curiosity, which VAICOM version are you running?

On 1/28/2022 at 10:52 AM, tomeye said:

it's still the same on my end, no changes, still broken. usually i have to rapidly tap the comms menu on the keyboard for up to several seconds for any commands to 'unclog'.

funny enough I recently picked up VAICOM after the last patch and the Huey was the first thing I tried it in, I was pretty confused and thought the problems I was experiencing it was my fault for messing up the setup somewhere. 😓

18 hours ago, stalhuth said:

Hi I have that at times as well and not connected to having Viacom running when updating. Solution search your folder in save games for export.lua. You will find two. One will reside in Viacom folder leave that one alone. Delete the other one and problem is gone. DCS wil rebuild the export.lua so no problems there.

22 hours ago, RedeyeStorm said:

Hi I have that at times as well and not connected to having Viacom running when updating. Solution search your folder in save games for export.lua. You will find two. One will reside in Viacom folder leave that one alone. Delete the other one and problem is gone. DCS wil rebuild the export.lua so no problems there.

Tried to tell him. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

On 1/29/2022 at 5:51 PM, stalhuth said:

Nha. this thing is totally broke, I better wait for the next patch 

Patch won't fix that issue.

Close DCS and VA. Rename/delete export.lua

Start VA, start DCS and you should be good to go. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Tried to tell him. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Patch won't fix that issue.

Close DCS and VA. Rename/delete export.lua

Start VA, start DCS and you should be good to go. 

man I did all that several times and doesn't work 😞 

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Right. Did you turn debug on? 

Post your VoiceAttack log.

yes debug is ON

9 hours ago, stalhuth said:

is this the log??

According to the log, VAICOM thinks that you are running the Release version of DCS installed in folder E:\DCS World\OpenBeta. (It believes this because you used the "custom path" option to point it to that directory and indicated that you are running the Release version. ) It also believes you are running the OpenBeta version from the same installation directory. (It used the DCS registry entry for OpenBeta to get that information.) Notice the conflict? So the problem is that you have confused it by having conflicting settings about version and directory. You also appear to have two different Saved Games folders for DCS even though you point to just one DCS installation folder.

To get this solved please identify whichever versions of DCS you have installed and where they are installed. Also post a screenshot of your VAICOM settings that includes the custom path settings. Then we can provide advice to sort this mess out.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

9 hours ago, sthompson said:

According to the log, VAICOM thinks that you are running the Release version of DCS installed in folder E:\DCS World\OpenBeta. (It believes this because you used the "custom path" option to point it to that directory and indicated that you are running the Release version. ) It also believes you are running the OpenBeta version from the same installation directory. (It used the DCS registry entry for OpenBeta to get that information.) Notice the conflict? So the problem is that you have confused it by having conflicting settings about version and directory. You also appear to have two different Saved Games folders for DCS even though you point to just one DCS installation folder.

To get this solved please identify whichever versions of DCS you have installed and where they are installed. Also post a screenshot of your VAICOM settings that includes the custom path settings. Then we can provide advice to sort this mess out.

Yes I notice the issue now, recently I migrate DCS to a new hardrive and I forgot to change the root path from VA, but I don't understand why I have 2 different folder in my saved games DCS folder and DCS Open Beta folder 

dcs folder.jpg