VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Having an issue w/ the P51. I use easy comms, and all works fine in the F16. Pressing my ptt button transmits on TX4 and sends to the correct place. PTT button also works in the menu - I can hear the radio click. However, as soon as I spawn in a P51, the PTT button does nothing anymore. Voiceattack shows 'transmit tx4 press' and 'transmit tx4 release', but no longer shows listening resumed or suspended, and vaicom panel shows no xmit input. 

Edit: found the answer, I had to use the up/down arrow in Vaicom to select tx4 on the radio list as p51 has only 1 radio.

Edited by jparker36

I have a problem with Crystal Palace, impossible to hear.

On several different solo missions.

However, I do solicit it on COM1 (F/A-18C) on the frequency 142.000

Voice Attack tells me:

TX1 COMM1: ARC-210 AM 142.000 Mhz tuned for auxiliary unit Crystal Palace [AI]

then [Read mission Briefing]

then Constructing message ...

then Done

But no audio feedback.

Do you see a reason ?

Thank you.

Edited by hotstick

Hi Gents,

Easy Comms is OFF in DCS. VAICOM PRO is running. Voice Attack listening page writes for all commands following error message:

Command "......." is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.

What am I doing wrong?

• Like 1

Hi Gents,

Easy Comms is OFF in DCS. VAICOM PRO is running. Voice Attack listening page writes for all commands following error message:
Command "......." is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.

What am I doing wrong?
You did nothing wrong. VAICOM turned very picky after 2.5.25, and for me it's a miss or hit.
Downgrade to 2.5.24 if you have serious issues, and don't mind the kneeboard to be a little stubborn. Make sure you're using correct frequencies and the select command to the correct recipient. Keep the TX pressed longer than before. That's my tips. Not everyone have this issue, but I do often. I made a thread about it.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks. After downgrading and restarting, it says "2.25.3 is available, listing DCS 2.7 compatibility".

Will the lack of this update cause me any problem with DCS 2.7?
I have no issues. There were some fixes to the kneeboard. But I have very few issues.
If you don't disable the update in preferences, VAICOM will ask you on every start of VA.

I have recently started using Vaicom.I'm enjoying the very nice voice recognition commands.

But I am having one problem.
I give the command "Make Recon x Mile" in Ka-50, but the DCS wingman does not respond at all.
For all other commands, the wingman responds very well.  Also, when I issue commands by keyboard operation from the radio menu, reconnaissance is performed with no problem at all.

Why does only reconnaissance voice command not work?
Also, I am wondering about the difference in the unit system, which is "km" in the communication menu, but "mile" in the Vaicom command.

Any help here would be much appreciated!

Edited by foobolt

On 8/29/2021 at 9:19 AM, MAXsenna said:

Correct command is:
Kick out to xx miles

Thanks for the reply!

I was writing the content of the command. What I'm actually pronouncing is "kick out to" as you wrote it.

I'll attach a screenshot, in VoiceAttack's operation, it seems to recognize the voice and send the command successfully.
However, I am having trouble with the DCS wingman because he does not react in any way.

Why do they obey orders to formations, attack, etc. properly, but do not do reconnaissance?

210830 VoiceAttack Recon.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply!
I was writing the content of the command. What I'm actually pronouncing is "kick out to" as you wrote it.

I'll attach a screenshot, in VoiceAttack's operation, it seems to recognize the voice and send the command successfully.
However, I am having trouble with the DCS wingman because he does not react in any way.
Why do they obey orders to formations, attack, etc. properly, but do not do reconnaissance?
203686079_210830VoiceAttackRecon.jpg.7fb402bf2a95740f9cbd5b3a7682063f.jpg
Ah, get it. Sorry about the confusion. I will do a test later.
I know the Ka-50 suffered from some comms error a while ago. I hope it's not back.
Cheers!

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Ah, get it. Sorry about the confusion. I will do a test later.
I know the Ka-50 suffered from some comms error a while ago. I hope it's not back. emoji4.png
Cheers!

Thanks for the reply, best regards for your validation work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Hollywood_315 (and everyone)

I found something curious in the behavior of the program.
After many tests and troubleshooting, I managed to discover that if in the dedicated server that we have with my squad, we left the advanced settings "allow player export" unticked, the following voice actions doesn't work:
- "Request rearming"
- "Options"
Probably other commands may have the same problem, we do not check all of them.

We did the test on 4 different dedicated servers and the problem is the same.

Hopefully you can help me with this.

Thanks

1.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

4 hours ago, Colmillo said:

Hi @Hollywood_315 (and everyone)

I found something curious in the behavior of the program.
After many tests and troubleshooting, I managed to discover that if in the dedicated server that we have with my squad, we left the advanced settings "allow player export" unticked, the following voice actions doesn't work:
- "Request rearming"
- "Options"
Probably other commands may have the same problem, we do not check all of them.

We did the test on 4 different dedicated servers and the problem is the same.

Hopefully you can help me with this.

Thanks

From page 23 of the manual: 

Prerequisites For working with Multiplayer, on the MP page the ‘Use with Multiplayer’ setting must be enabled. On the MP server, the setting Allow Player Export must be enabled.

VAICOM cannot get all of the required info about game status if it's disabled. I'm not familiar with the specifics but I believe this is a limitation of DCS, which blocks access to certain data when export is disabled.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

15 hours ago, sthompson said:

From page 23 of the manual: 

Prerequisites For working with Multiplayer, on the MP page the ‘Use with Multiplayer’ setting must be enabled. On the MP server, the setting Allow Player Export must be enabled.

VAICOM cannot get all of the required info about game status if it's disabled. I'm not familiar with the specifics but I believe this is a limitation of DCS, which blocks access to certain data when export is disabled.

Thanks! 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Got a new PC and tried reinstalling everything.
- Set VoiceAttack up like recommended by VCP, including "Run as admin"

- Ran Vaicom Pro installer

- Restarted VA

- Opened "Import profile" and browsed to specified folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO

RESULT: There is no "profiles" folder; not there or anywhere in the VoiceAttack folder tree

What am I missing?

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

1 hour ago, moggel said:

Got a new PC and tried reinstalling everything.
- Set VoiceAttack up like recommended by VCP, including "Run as admin"

- Ran Vaicom Pro installer

- Restarted VA

- Opened "Import profile" and browsed to specified folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO

RESULT: There is no "profiles" folder; not there or anywhere in the VoiceAttack folder tree

What am I missing?

That due to recent changes in VoiceAttack it now gets installed in a different directory than before and the VAICOM installer has not caught up. The workaround is to download the ZIP file for VAICOM and unzip it to the right location instead of using the VAICOM installer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

1 hour ago, sthompson said:

That due to recent changes in VoiceAttack it now gets installed in a different directory than before and the VAICOM installer has not caught up. The workaround is to download the ZIP file for VAICOM and unzip it to the right location instead of using the VAICOM installer.

Yup, that seems to do the trick. Thanks!

• Like 1

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

11 hours ago, hreich said:
Will the author continue to support new DLC modules Mi-24 and Ah-64?

I have not seen any reason why he would not.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

question about the Audio tab in voice attack options

I am on the latest version 1.8.9 64 bit

Audio Output type allows 'integrated components' to be selected. I assume this is all the usb output devices, sound cards etc.

When set to integrated devices, then the two dropdowns take effect:

Override default playback device 

Override Default text-to-Speech Device

But further down in the same window are 4 checkboxes - the first one titled 'Set Windows Default Multimedia....'

(see attached pic)

If I have the audio output type set to 'Integrated components' and the 'Overide...' dropdowns set to a specific device,

What is the purpose of these 4 checkboxes? Dont the first two dropdowns do the same thing?

Also, since VA is a text-to-speech app, How are these choices different:

Override default playback device 

Override Default text-to-Speech Device

If they are set to different devices, do the beeps go to the device set by the first dropdown and the spoken words to the second?

Since I use VA for various purposes, is there a way to have it switch to my VR headset automatically when it is active and then back to my regular headset when it is not?

Untitled.jpg

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

1. PTT is not working fine with WWII plane and SRS (tested with P51 and Mosquito) I set Radio1 and radio2 keys in SRS, not immediately but after few minutes that the plane is started up when RADIO1 or radio2 is depressed it stay ON until the other radio is depressed ... this it mean that for switch off one radio you switch on the other one, this is what it happen in SRS but ONLY IF VAICOM is running (modificato)

Edited by Ares63