DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

This is ridiculous. People are tripping for no reason. The RC build is finally done, ppl complain. ED is testing it, in order to confirm a release date, ppl complain. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "this is why I'm not a people person." I'll be taking a breather from this thread until the entitled kings & queens come back to reality.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will miss those threads when the cat has finally arrived. I can't stop laughing about the interpretation and speculation of some users here. :) I think the only other bird which will get this attention will be the viper. But its a long way till those kind of threads will arise. :)

Hopefully 3 more weeks of this fun right here :D

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Is it a generation problem...the younger I want it right now mentality?

He might not be young and for the record, not everyone who is young has this mentality. Unfortunately, the minority who are are just louder than everyone else.

I'm relatively young and happily patiently waiting for it since I preordered it as a birthday present to myself. So I'll just continue to patiently wait and waterproof the foam on my VR. I imagine i'll be crying buckets of joy when it's finally here. :):):)

I will miss those threads when the cat has finally arrived. I can't stop laughing about the interpretation and speculation of some users here. :) I think the only other bird which will get this attention will be the viper. But its a long way till those kind of threads will arise. :)

Hopefully 3 more weeks of this fun right here :D

Yeah, honestly aside from the overhype issue, I think HB has rolled pretty well the way these threads have devolved into a dumpster fire. For me I'll just be doing the following till the release... And really I'd rather it be released a bit late than a bit more broken... If anything I think the main issues are gonna be with Jester, but thats just my guess.

giphy.gif

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Idk... I'm 27, and I'm over here shaking my head at some of these comments. Really pretty crazy.

The best part is that many of those comments are being made by people that are probably twice your age...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You cannot ignore the generational differences, though I agree in a benign environment, age has not bearing on one's sense of entitlement, only ignorance does. It is widely known and proven, that we are provided most of all of our wants readily. I remember how excited I was when an aircraft book I wanted was available for checkout at the library. Two weeks meant two weeks of anticipation, not 2 weeks of fits. I will admit though that last week while on the back porch after 3 rather heavy drinks, I did text some friends wondering "where's my (expletive) F-14?"

Soon, go back to NATOPS, enjoy the F-18 and F-5, and get ready to lose a ton of ACM fights for the next months, until you get some hours under your belt.

Also, take an oath not to cry about the way it handles in ACM, its not an F/A-18, not an F-15, and needs rudder love.

Edited by turkeydriver

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

https://www.csg-1.com/

DCS F-14 Pilot/RIO Discord:

https://discord.gg/6bbthxk

Too busy enjoying the F18 and Harrier... so really don’t care about a release date.

I will crank it up when it drops in my hangar and then go gaga if it earns that reaction.

I disagree with statements about age not being a factor of feeling the entitlement syndrome. We older folks have wisdom you young whippersnappers have not earned yet.

Though I do admit sometimes it is entertaining, and that sometimes is rare, Mostly a yawn fest with an occasional LOL!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

:doh::doh::doh:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Can you stop deleting my comment please? Where did i say something against the rules ? @Nineline?

People are trashtalking others when they are asking a release date, you're doing nothing and me you delete my comment?!

rule 1.2 about respect has nothing to do with saying that you find people funny by their reactions.

ED Forum is awfully hypocrite, but yeah keep deleting my comment.

Edited by Timotsuky

Too busy enjoying the Harrier...

Enjoy my friend... Though some additional functionality may be required...

IwZMo6U.gif

Edited by Harlikwin

To these [impatient people] say that this is like the desire to shit, the closer the toilet is, the less you hold it.

The whole discussion in a nutshell... ajmug.png

JG6.gif

I can literally see the ponglike volleyball game that can be played on the TID with that stick in front of it in the back seat already dealwithit.png

(here is summer)

Same in Europe. Had over 20°C today... almost caught a sunburn already rdlaugh.png

Wow I spend a few days away from the forum, and it’s gone into meltdown.

Same here and this thread literally exploded rdlaugh.png

we can't release if we have high priority bugs (show stoppers)

I know a company who can... and you know it, too p7o9c8xs.png

I refuse to buy the mig-19 right in the meantime

My wallet does the same, but time will eventually bring her to my hangar as well. On the other hoof, I've paid for the 'cat months ago already rainbowdashwink.png

If the F-14 really got delayed because of the MiG, t'would be a shame... but anyway, i can wait and the next OB update is scheduled for Mar 13th which still is in the time frame and I still can try out things in the Hornet this weekend as well twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

1) With all due respect, I believed that HB has shown how things are done and ED is trying to catch up so its "flag ship" does not look bad.

- Deck crew. well dam the Forrestal hast it allready..

- D-link (albeit a very simple limited one)....yeepers they have a working module, we are still strugleing...

- ATFLIR -oh man it works.. we and the "others" are still fouling around..

- Multi-seat by golly it also works, dam we promise that like two years ago...

- Jester.. why didnt WE think of that...

I believe the Tomcat is setting the BAR to high for comfort :D

The radar actually locks tragets and don´t loose them...

Wait and they still have time for a full fledge AI (A-6) geeeeez ;) its been only two years!!!

ED, get HB to the inside. it will make your life a lot easyer ;)

Disclaimer: I know that ED has a whole engine to manage update and improve and you are doing a good job at it. but let your partners shine! it will make you money and they will make you proud!

2) the insunation that the 19 is somehow afecting the release of the tomcat is ridiculus.. the Tom,cat allready sold a bunch, they dont compeate in the same league. In fact the 19 is what I think other third parties should focus on, low tech aircrat that can be modeled fully with less complicated systems allready implemented in DCS. and there is a lot of us wanting more 60´s and 70´s aircrafts ;)

3) On the other side ED is doing the right thing. Not only checking the Tomcat but studing how it works so future betas do not screw it up like its been happening to every module since release...I believe the future is better. let us wait and let them do their JOB ;)

That is what is holding it up right now, its busting the tower, not buzzing it ;)

That's just because you're not to sonic-rainboom past it. apparently the tower doesn't like that colourful shock wave. We all feel the need, but when trying to buzz the tower, we kinda have to hold our horses rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I don't believe anyone has questioned the that's being done or the quality of the product but when you offer a window in any business you should meet that window and people get upset. and they have every rite. for instance I took my vacation two weeks before the end of winter just for this. and i'm not crying i'm just saying. the responsibility should be on the company not the people that already shelled out their cash for the company's product. and they shouldn't be made to feel like their being out of line for it.

Why on earth did you take your vacation 2 weeks before HBs very often stated release date, i.e. 20th March?

And why are you upset and blaming everyone else for it?

For everyone else, it has been stated by ED that it takes upward of a week to go through their new procedures. There are still three weeks before HBs self imposed deadline.

That seems to be a fair margin. :smilewink:

Strikes me that some on here clamouring for early release would be the first to complain if various systems are buggy on that early release.

HB and ED have their own procedures to work through, complaining will not change that. So lesson learned to those that have run out of patience already is that pre purchasing is not for you, much like I found out after a couple of years of frustration that open beta is not for me.

Learn from it and move on.

Pre purchase works for me because I know that whatever disappointments life throws at me, I will get the F14. Barring an early coffin or other completely deal breaking issue of course.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I've been thinking about this for a while now, all this hype that's been created. In this I completely follow ED's stand in this. What's 7+ days in order to evaluate an RC?

A post of mine from another thread. in response to the XMas hype ;)

That last part you've brought on yourselves. The announcement was awesome. (I bought it as soon as I realized it was available on your website.) That and the subsequent video's and interviews created a huge hype. Usually being able to pre-order a module means it's basically around the corner. And then having to announce that it could take up to an additional 3 months before we can have the module in our hands is a bit.. disappointing? You basically give yourselves over 5 months after opening up the pre-order to deliver the module

I don't question your decision to "delay" the module. You haven't delayed it after all, you're still aiming for the target zone, you just have missed the bullseye.. ;-)

Everyone has their weak spots and I think yours is that you love to tease and hype a wee bit too much and it (in my mind anyways) bites you in the rear-end. I am too old to get too upset about this. I would like to ask you to dim the teasing and such a bit for your next aircraft. (A-6 please please ??)

HB really needs to tone down the teasing for their next product.

Heatblur are going to release a nearly finished module and as a result debugging takes a lot more time. There are a lot more systems and features to be taken care of right from the start.

So far, they are still honoring their Q1 2019 release date announcement, meeting and even surpassing the initial product quality we were all expecting. So people (and I'm sure it's a vocal minority) should stop blaming them because there is nothing they can be blamed for. Quality work takes time. People have to expect to wait a reasonable amount of time, unless they want crap.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]