DCS and Odyssey+ cross-eyed!!

sandman330

New reply from MS Developer https://steamcommunity.com/app/719950/discussions/0/1742229167208813376/?ctp=4

TomMicrosoft Afficher le profilVoir les messages

[développeur] 30 janv. à 23h23

Hey all we worked with DCS on the last update and unfortunately it didn't address the issue as we hoped. We're kicking off another round of investigation, but know that this one hasn't fallen off of our radar.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Next investigation round

I need volunteers for further investigation

There is another version of Visualizer.dll attached for latest Openbeta with Debug tool window for Odyssey workaround .

87f68e58658b5d9da819a303f704c3f7.png

there is slider control for each projection component

and three buttons

RESET PROJECTION - revert all sliders positions to factory defaults

MAKE SYMMETRIC USING LEFT - copy left eye setting to the right eye

MAKE SYMMETRIC USING RIGHT - copy right eye setting to the left eye

If "MAKE SYMMETRIC" buttons will help you , please post your feedback here

4 rows at the bottom - eye to head projection matrix for each eye. post your screens

any feedback is usefull .

VisualizerWithOpenVRDebug.zip

sigpic2354_5.gif

Oh Holy Mother! I just checked the symmetry setting and it works! I'm not sure if it is perfectly aligned but it is 1000 times better. I tried for the left and right eyes and it's okay anyway. Although it seems to me that it looks more comfortable with the symmetry of the left eye. You have to set the symmetry after each uploading the mission - but this does not seem to be a problem at the moment :) Whooohoooo finally, the promils have gone down from the bloodstream and I do not have a double picture like after a booze: D

Here are my screenshots before setting the symmetry with the left eye and after:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al5ZBRu6iKgygxurfdpHtDw4D3tR

Edited by 13WELT_JankeS

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

Far far better with symetry, for me it solves maybe 90% of the issue.

No totally, because my eyes still adapt a little, I see that the most when I get the headset off I m still crosseyed, enought for it to be annoying.

I'll try to modify some values tomorrow, I ll give my eyes a rest for now :D

Maybe we just have to adjust the symetry proportionally the factory calibration factors of each headset?

BTW the game looks incredible in the o+ comparing to my old vive.

BTW the game looks incredible in the o+ comparing to my old vive.

Coming from the Rift, it's the same for me. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Copy from left to right or vice versa helps but not completely.

Experimentally I found that vertical misalignment is gone entirely when I swap top bottom values. L_TOP goet to R_TOP, and R_TOP goes to L_TOP. Same for L_BTM R_BTM.

Alex, could you make sliders more precise, so we can enter exact values for swapping?

Here is example of my settings.

attachment.php?attachmentid=203611&stc=1&d=1549056988

No misalignment

swapped values:

attachment.php?attachmentid=203612&stc=1&d=1549056988

Best 1:

attachment.php?attachmentid=203613&stc=1&d=1549056988

Best 2:

attachment.php?attachmentid=203614&stc=1&d=1549056988

Edit:

It seems that if I swap all left/right values (OUT, IN, TOP, BTM), then it solves misalignment for me completely.

Need to experiment more with OUT, IN settings in order to adjust convergence distance of projections.

Ability to lock OUT, IN or TOP, BTM sliders would be helpful in order to keep aspect ratio constant.

Apparently, you can workaround slider precision issue. You can drag border between left/right settings and enter value you want if you play around with sliders and border position.

Default_edit.thumb.jpg.1c9abba1825a1724040ee2e4fa90766a.jpg

Swap_L_R.thumb.jpg.8a9980bccc3fb35245f825d1282d262c.jpg

Experiment_1.thumb.jpg.1c07ed873759cb6e7bf4819576d5286a.jpg

Experiment_2.thumb.jpg.b49c592f4153ef170ae7e1b4e2f66480.jpg

Edited by Sparkam

This method doesn't seem to really work for me but can't be sure as we can only set it 4 by 4.

It seems that I get better results in coping left to right and then change R_TOP or L_TOP value slowly till I feel my eyes less adjusting.

Still not perfect..

Gonna retry tomorrow !

Left or right symmetrical seems to help. Maybe a little better on left but I can't tell. Still seems like something is off. I can't tell if it's just my eyes though. It seems like if I get it super clear up close then things far away are "crosseyed" but if I get things far away right then close things become "crosseyed" but at this point I'm not sure if it's just my eyes. Going to give them a break. As others mentioned the sliders are kind of hard to get just right. Thank you so much for helping with this!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

Zoso follow Sparkam's post above and swap the values in the left and right sliders... He is on to something there... Not perfect but much better....

I tired that also.... It's hard to tell. When I start a mission it's default so my eyes adjust to that. Then when I change it my eyes have to re-adjust and I can't tell. I've resorted to pausing the game after an adjustment and focusing on my keyboard.. then putting the hmd back on with my eyes adjusted to real life to see if there is any strain. Letting my eyes rest a bit then I'll try again. Really glad this is being worked on. Me right now... :wacko: ha ha

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

It seems that if I swap all left/right values (OUT, IN, TOP, BTM), then it solves misalignment for me.

Need experiment more with OUT, IN settings in order to adjust convergence distance of projections.

Ability to lock OUT, IN or TOP, BTM sliders would be helpful in order to move them at the same time.

Apparently, you can workaround slider precision issue. You can drag border between left/right settings and enter value you want if you play around with sliders and border position.

none of the solutions works 100% for me.

Tries many things today.

Yesterday I found a good setting and I was awesome, I should have recorded it because I just can't find the same sweetspot today ^^.

Left based symmetry gives me better results that right concerning the alignment, but everything seems too tiny (scale problem..). So I tried to modify values with this base but could'nt find something perfect.

I checked it by setting it like SPARKAM user, that is L_TOP data goet to R_TOP, and R_TOP goes to L_TOP. Same for L_BTM R_BTM and actually is better than using only the symmetry button. I wonder how other applications start up that does not have this problem. As you can see, each Samsung goggle has different factory values. Many users do not even know that in DCS it can have an image shift if this offset is small. I launched fpsVR today - it is perfectly visible in goggles. DCS starts with a very double image, a symmetry button, then a slight correction of the settings and it seems that it is ok. But fpsVR immediately sets everything up and works on every goggles just as - I wonder where this small malicious difference lies. Fortunately, the work on the problem is already so advanced. Thank You very much for your work!

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H