Multi Monitor Problem - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-05-2019, 06:39 PM   #1
OldFalcon

Default Multi Monitor Problem

My computer performance was terrible but what was showing up on all displays was okay. So I spent a bunch of $ and got among other things a GeForce RTX 2080 graphics card. The performance was incredible but the default view was too small and the side displays showed a distortion as though everything was being stretched. After reading some posts on the internet enabling me to be dangerous I managed to mess things up in short order. Now all three displays are stretching the appearance almost to the point of being unrecognizable. I also used notepad to edit the SnapViewsDefault file only to find out here that I probably have corrupted the file. My first question is how do I restore the SnapViewsDefault file? Obviously I should have made a backup. My second question is: Are the procedures described here and elsewhere for modifying these various files within the Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Config/MonitorSetup or /View still valid? Which procedures are the best? Some have me editing the SnapViewsDefault file while others say to edit 3Cameras. Some of the bests procedures described are a year old.
OldFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:31 AM   #2
OldFalcon

I was able to get the old SnapViewsDefault file from my old hard drive and replace it. This made now difference except my peace of mind. I am now starting at the beginning reading how to become proficient at setting up the various monitors. This is where I should have started instead of looking for the quick fix. I must say it is interesting to see all the options we have for setting up our viewing space. I may end up wanting to see an MFCD instead of the scenery.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #3
OldFalcon

Problem solved. After reading through some of the material I started to get a feel of what each of the parameters was doing and the solution was much simpler than I had thought. In fact if I had just written down the original settings before getting the enhanced computer I might have avoided a lot of the frustration.