Aero L-159 Alca

Tomas9970

I think that it would be a nice modern light attack aircraft and a great entry-level aircraft as well.

It has a basic A/A and A/G radar and can carry Mavericks, Paveways, Litening TGP, Sidewinders and possibly AMRAAMs (not standard equipment as far as I'm aware).

I already posted this in the general "DCS wishlist" sub-forum but decided to propose here as well because AvioDev seems to be the only third party focusing on fixed-wing aircrafts that doesn't have another project.

l-159alca.jpg

Cockpit-L159.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
On 6/14/2020 at 8:26 AM, Tomas9970 said:

I think that it would be a nice modern light attack aircraft and a great entry-level aircraft as well.

It has a basic A/A and A/G radar and can carry Mavericks, Paveways, Litening TGP, Sidewinders and possibly AMRAAMs (not standard equipment as far as I'm aware).

I already posted this in the general "DCS wishlist" sub-forum but decided to propose here as well because AvioDev seems to be the only third party focusing on fixed-wing aircrafts that doesn't have another project.

l-159alca.jpg

Cockpit-L159.jpg

+1

MIGNUS

Setup: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming plus, Intel i7 8700k, Ram 2x16Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport CL15 DDR4 3000MhZ, GTX 1070ti, 500Gb SDD, 1Tb HDD, Oculus Rift S, TM Warthog, TM Hornet Grip, TM Rudder pedals, 2x TM MFDs, 44” Tv, Home SIMPIT F/a-18c 1:1 scale Fully functional Main Instruments Panel

It's been so long since I looked into this but as far as I know, the original avionics is from the very end of 20th century so it can't be too bad in terms of data availability. Then there was the 2010 upgrade with large MFDs (JF-17 style) and encrypted communication capabilites, which wouldn't be simulated anyway.

Anything beyond that is experimental and not really implemented at scale.

article_alca_upgrade_09_cockpit_simulator2.jpg