DCS Mi-8 is 7 years now, time for an update ?

It has been constantly updated and improved already, system wise and features as well at least.

But 3D model and textures are starting to show their age and creates a big gap with industry current extreme high level of visual fidelity ( latest modules released and WiPs shots of the Mi-24 are simply mind blowing with higher polygon meshes, PBR materials, 4K, better normal maps, even the soldering marks of the windshield frames are accurately rendered ... )

I hope the Mi-8 and Huey are the next ones to get such love by Eagle dynamics, now Belsimtek merged together.

Hueyman

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

IMO, PBR implementation in Cockpit and External model are a must (not paid update).

Better quality Normal map for exterior and cockpit Normal map implementation would be also a nice update.

About the external model of Mi-8, I still think it is of very high quality even for today's standards.

For the cockpit, some VR users have complained that "looks not so good", still, for me, it is fine. Better than Hueys, for sure.

Any Cockpit update (+ bombsight implementation for copilot) would be very welcome, as soon as it does not come with a big performance drop...

If the external model is updated in the future, the possibility of removing Dust Filters and IR Jammer (plus no weapon controls in the cockpit) with extra checkboxes in ME, would be very welcome also. :]

As I understand it, to prepare for Vulkan will require an overhaul of most of the old aircraft, which is why I believe we’ve seen updates to the A10 and Ka50. So whilst not announced, I think that it’s almost certainly in the pipeline

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Any Cockpit update (+ bombsight implementation for copilot) would be very welcome, as soon as it does not come with a big performance drop...

If the external model is updated in the future, the possibility of removing Dust Filters and IR Jammer (plus no weapon controls in the cockpit) with extra checkboxes in ME, would be very welcome also. :]

I think they could add that in the radio menu, like the JF-17 does with the AAR probe.

They could at least fix the broken shadows in the cockpit, sun shining through the roof and rear wall. Older ED models are still not fully updated to current DCS rendering.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I can pay for some new features like;

* visible troops inside

* different interiors like civilian, ambulance, vip, cargo etc

* firefight with bambi bucket

* vinch ops for sar

* fast rope deploying

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

* visible troops inside

* vinch ops for sar

* fast rope deploying

Totally agree, would love to see a "realistic helicopter ops" module.

• Like 1

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

I have a high estimate of the work done so far, I don't want to be misunderstood but updating the modules has a return on sales already. I don't understand the answer like: "updating is expensive, we will do it only if you are willing to pay". When the older modules are no longer purchased or have a low sale then you will realize that it was better to update them. Take your time, do the things that are most urgent but when you find a moment of peace do some updates.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

* visible troops inside

* vinch ops for sar

* fast rope deploying

Agree, would also happily pay for a comprehensive heli-ops DLC module.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been asking for the bombing sight like a petulant child since day one. I'd still love to see this happening :music_whistling:

With the Mi-8's ability to carry a good number of bombs, accurate bombing would be quite likely and I'd start going out more often for some bombing runs. Probably others too.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I've been asking for the bombing sight like a petulant child since day one.....

After 7 years, it's probably a good idea to make peace with the fact you are never going to see one then. :megalol:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

* visible troops inside

* vinch ops for sar

* fast rope deploying

Absolute! :thumbup:

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

* visible troops inside

* vinch ops for sar

* fast rope deploying

+1

And yeah while not as ugly as the old Ka-50 in my opinion this is the next one in line for an updated model.

Upgraded visuals and whatnot would be nice, but...

... first things first - does any one have an idea (or found on RU section of the forum) what the new special options for the Mi-8 do? Clearly they added something to that module, but without explanation :D (unless they updated the manual as well, can't check it now).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Upgraded visuals and whatnot would be nice, but...

... first things first - does any one have an idea (or found on RU section of the forum) what the new special options for the Mi-8 do? Clearly they added something to that module, but without explanation :D (unless they updated the manual as well, can't check it now).

What option?

Last two options:

RtrhuSy.png

interesting, never noticed those.

AP altitude hold ability to compensate within a range of collective movement???

I like the idea of a paid visual upgrade coming with more ability within the module.... I like that alot. it would clear the way for future choppers as standard and for free.

Troops in the cabin, open pit door to cabin, winch operations from the side door, fire bucket you say now?

I would probably love putting out fires in this girl.

Troops all leaning out an opening and letting rip with their weapons? that would be loud and proud in the Huey.

Medivac would be cool.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

SAR missions with a winch would be welcomed. same thing for troops inside. would be nicer to see troops dissappear just outside the door when mounting and unmounting. and then of course see them sitting in.

for SAR missions it would be nice have the diver as well if so required.

Cargo inside cabin could be fun too, so you see boxes and bags there. So not just outside roping transporting.

And can we please get the ejected pilots activate their emergency beacons to what we can tune our rescue radios? Would be nice that it wouldn't demand any extra work from mission designer or server host to get ejected pilots be found by beacons.

All updates are welcomed, especially missing ones like windshield wipers to become useful...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Last two options:

RtrhuSy.png

looks to be functions to allow a gaming devices have range where altitude hold doesn't get disconnected unless throttle moves X percentage from the position of its activation. And then pressing collective brake will disconnect altitude hold channel etc.

I'm going to forward these to Toyota & see if they'll give me a free upgrade : My Corolla doesn't have the features their new models have, and I have to drive mine alongside their new ones all the time. I feel like they've just abandoned me...

It has been constantly updated and improved already, system wise and features as well at least.

But 3D model and textures are starting to show their age and creates a big gap with industry current extreme high level of visual fidelity ( latest modules released and WiPs shots of the Mi-24 are simply mind blowing with higher polygon meshes, PBR materials, 4K, better normal maps, even the soldering marks of the windshield frames are accurately rendered ... )

I hope the Mi-8 and Huey are the next ones to get such love by Eagle dynamics, now Belsimtek merged together.

Hueyman

IMO, PBR implementation in Cockpit and External model are a must (not paid update).

Better quality Normal map for exterior and cockpit Normal map implementation would be also a nice update.

About the external model of Mi-8, I still think it is of very high quality even for today's standards.

For the cockpit, some VR users have complained that "looks not so good", still, for me, it is fine. Better than Hueys, for sure.

Cheers.

I'm going to forward these to Toyota & see if they'll give me a free upgrade : My Corolla doesn't have the features their new models have, and I have to drive mine alongside their new ones all the time. I feel like they've just abandoned me...

Sarcasm is a sign of character for hostility toward others.

And by that logic it is time that Mi-8 price is increased by at least 20€ so new buyers must pay current + additional costs for new features, that is at this moment $49,99 and add to that $22,52 so let's say $73.99. Existing customers can consider paying extra 20€ for new features.