Logbook -- a tool to record SP & MP progress

Ansirial

Ok here is my last debrief.log This was a P-47 on the Channel Map. The enemy part was just me trying out different enemy selections to see if it made a difference.

Nearly completed, can be this the output?

MISSION: debrief
AIRCRAFT: Republic P-47D Thunderbolt

TAKEOFF: 10:00 - Hawkinge

10:09 - Gunfire Browning .50 M2

10:13 - Ejected

10:13 - Shot down by 30mm HEI

NOT LANDED: 10:13

FLIGHT TIME: 13'

Maybe, basing on the aircraft type I can change eject with bail out...

1.jpg

It’s funny that the one single most lacking feature and oversight in DCS that labels itself and a realistic Combat Flight simulator is the logbook. Any pilot will tell you the most important thing for them is logging their flight time

Thanks for doing this

Hopefully a seamless integration to pull data from .trk or real-time files is in the future as it’s been years maybe ED will affords this

Thanks for doing this !

When I try to log in at the site, it says "username is not valid", but when I try to sign up using that username, I get "username is taken". I use an app for password management.

I will note that bitdefender tried to block me from logging in due to an unencrypted password.

When I try to log in at the site, it says "username is not valid", but when I try to sign up using that username, I get "username is taken". I use an app for password management.

I will note that bitdefender tried to block me from logging in due to an unencrypted password.

Hi drhay, would you please tell me what username are trying to use? I will try to reproduce the error.

Thanks

By the way I released an UPDATE: Go to fist post to get latest version were I improved the parser.

Edited by Ansirial

1.jpg

Hi drhay, would you please tell me what username are trying to use? I will try to reproduce the error.

Thanks

By the way I released an UPDATE: Go to fist post to get latest version were I improved the parser.

same username as my forum name, drhay53

Hi everybody!

In the effort to maximize automation and implement new function to enrich flight logs I just released the update to 1.3

avalaible here: Go to fist post to get latest version

In this update now system logs also hits!

Also I included some more little improvement to interface and parsing system.

1.jpg

Thanks for this, can you tell me "which" log files it can consume, and where to find them? I know i can generate log files and it consumes them just fine. but you seem to be saying it will do others?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Thanks for this, can you tell me "which" log files it can consume, and where to find them? I know i can generate log files and it consumes them just fine. but you seem to be saying it will do others?

Hi speed-of-heat,

It uses mission log file, which, as I know are these 2 types:

- The autogenerated file called "debrief.log" you can find in Logs folder under DCS in saved games folder. It records last mission results and is overwritten everytime you finish a mission so be careful if you plan to use this.

- Log files saved ingame in the debrief interface you can see after you finish a mission, default folder for this files is "Missions" folder under DCS in saved games folder

Please let me know if you find some trouble to find this files.

1.jpg

awesome! many thanks and thanks for making sure im not fighting my own side!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

I noticed from statistic some users are chosing "Luftwaffe" but that is WWII German Air Force.

I created "Luftwaffe (Bundeswehr)" for the modern German Air Force.

Let me know if somebody needs a switch and of couse if do you need any missing faction.

1.jpg

I noticed from statistic some users are chosing "Luftwaffe" but that is WWII German Air Force.

Let me know if somebody needs a switch and of couse if do you need any missing faction.

I think it would be useful to also have the option to report by country, for ground units? But also for aircraft, rather than by airforce?

I think it would be useful to also have the option to report by country, for ground units? But also for aircraft, rather than by airforce?

Hi speed-of-heat,

Thank you for suggestion, let me explain: the system does not record allegiance for ground units, ships or facilities; this is because all is reported to air forces or navy forces.

This choice was done also to correctly name and display ranks and awards. All the allegiances have (or soon will) correct ranks and awards with images.

Also, for instance, you can find 3 different US Air Forces:

- US Air Service -> US Air "force" in WWI

- USAAF -> US Air Force in WWII

- USAF -> Modern US Air Force

These 3 choices reflect differences of their times.

Only exception are "insurgents" just in case ;)

Even if I let all quite free, in my idea, this is also simpler for the virtual squadron management with Logbook.

I think adding country is also possible but at the moment would be a little complex, I prefer to avoid mixing them with forces, it would be a mess.

Maybe creating a sort of dependency this would be better but a little more complex.

In addition I think would be also complex during a debriefing specify correctly faction if more than one are involved in the battlefield.

At the moment if don't have air hits or air kills you can input any enemy allegiance, the field would be simply ignored.

Edited by Ansirial

1.jpg

Hi speed-of-heat,

Thank you for suggestion, let me explain: the system does not record allegiance for ground units, ships or facilities; this is because all is reported to Airforces or navy forces.

This choice was done also to correctly name and display ranks and awards. All the allegiances have (or soon will) correct ranks and awards with images.

Also, for instance, you can find 3 different US Air Forces:

- US Air Service -> US Air "force" in WWI

- USAAF -> US Air Force in WWII

- USAF -> Modern US Air Force

These 3 choices reflect differences of their times.

Only exception are "insurgents" just in case ;)

Even if I let all quite free, in my idea, this is also simpler for the virtual squadron management with Logbook.

I think adding country is also possible but at the moment would be a little complex, I prefer to avoid mixing them with forces, it would be a mess.

Maybe creating a sort of dependency this would be better but a little more complex.

In addition I think would be also complex during a debriefing specify correctly faction if more than one are involved in the battlefield.

At the moment if don't have air hits or air kills you can input any enemy allegiance, the field would be simply ignored.

got it, thanks for listening!

Hello Ansirial,

Just a little request, somewhat trivial. You misspelled the french air force name ; currently it is spelled "Arméè de l'Air", it is in fact "Armée de l'Air". If you happen to do some minor corrections to the LOGbook, could you add this one to the list please ? Thanks !

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Hello Ansirial,

Just a little request, somewhat trivial. You misspelled the french air force name ; currently it is spelled "Arméè de l'Air", it is in fact "Armée de l'Air". If you happen to do some minor corrections to the LOGbook, could you add this one to the list please ? Thanks !

Hi Tugais, thanks! Just corrected.

In my far school times I always get confused about french accents, so confused that often an orizontal line above the letter was my solution :thumbup:

Thanks again and feel free to give any other suggestion!

1.jpg

Hello!

First of all, Thanks foe the awesome work.

But I´ve a little Problem.

In the first few Minutes all works good but after I changed my profile to Public i get an error.

Now I can´t join my profile.

attachment.php?attachmentid=240721&stc=1&d=1592890688

Hi Survival,

Thank you for the report, it was a little but now should be fixed. You can give a try if you wish.

Thanks again

1.jpg