DCS 2020 and Beyond PC Build!

Gentleman ty for all ur advice. Im sry ant the delay

I snapped my laptop broke friday

I went a bought z(gasp) a.pre made. However it was a top 10.onnpc.gamer

Many on reddit said vr (indnt have but only bc out of stock) and ancomp.running scs mazed.out was.impossible.for 1500-2k

My comp (inhave a flat screen i hdmi) was 1600. Its awesome. If anyone wants info on it ask.

Im so very pleased

If i could.fix my stable/opem beta issue all would be solved

By.the by. IF YOU ARE ANCOMP WHIZ PM.ME U PROLLY CAN GET EASY MONEY OR KODULE FIXING SOMETHING FOR.ME. AT WITS.END)

Gentleman ty for all ur advice. Im sry ant the delay

I snapped my laptop broke friday

I went a bought z(gasp) a.pre made. However it was a top 10.onnpc.gamer

Many on reddit said vr (indnt have but only bc out of stock) and ancomp.running scs mazed.out was.impossible.for 1500-2k

My comp (inhave a flat screen i hdmi) was 1600. Its awesome. If anyone wants info on it ask.

Im so very pleased

If i could.fix my stable/opem beta issue all would be solved

By.the by. IF YOU ARE ANCOMP WHIZ PM.ME U PROLLY CAN GET EASY MONEY OR KODULE FIXING SOMETHING FOR.ME. AT WITS.END)

Dude, are you on drugs or something?

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Whatever you take, take only HALF of it :music_whistling:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 3 weeks later...
I really am trying to replace my comp for dcs

I wanna spend arnd 1500 max. 2000 if its like.. amazing. Im.pretty set on vr in a rift..

Hiw much was your friends rig,; subtracting sau monitor; (cant i hdmi my flat screen?) No rudder pedals just the machine?

If anyone else is willing to help id appreciste it

Alienware has a flashy rep and 890 comps but im old and out of the loop now.

So i figured new egg would be better. Thing is i dont know a ryzen from a burrito and so on.

Same here. Have been using my work laptop for DCS and I have completely used up the 512 SSD.

Since I don't play DCS at work and have a pretty extensive controller/keyboard setup I want to build a new desktop to stay at home hooked up.

That way I'm not using 5 port 3.0 USB ports just to plug everything in every night.

Want to set this up just for my simulators and whatever other gaming I do. I use a 50" 2160p 4K UHD monitor for my gaming and for some reason it's just annoying using the same setup for emails or searching the internet. The big screen is to big.

For just browsing, email, etc. I always have the laptop at my home office desk with a smaller 39" 1080p. Just seems the perfect size for this.

Problem is I haven't built a pc in over 15 years now. Back when dual cores first came out and I was using a Lian Li heavy duty aluminum case with slide out hardware for easy swapping. I still have this entire setup sitting on the shelf in the closet. Don't know if any of the hardware is even usable. Had a pretty high end audio setup in it.

Most of the gear I purchased thru New Egg.

I don't want to go out and drop $1200 just because it says Alienware on it.

Is it just me or did this guy shotgun a case of Red Bulls before making these videos?

Holy crap. He had my head spinning trying to keep up with him.

Definitely sounds like he knows his stuff but damn!! Like watching a video on double speed.

Had a girlfriend like him once. Used to stuff a sock in her mouth just so we could have sex...lol.

Edited by msmith301

Actually yes i am

What of it?

Seriously it's like trying to read one of my wife's text she sends me on the phone.

I'm always like.. say What!!??

Were you doing a talking text while driving or something.

If you read it it came out very garbled and joined together.

Not being sarcastic just trying to bring to your attention. The clearer something is the more likely you are to get intelligent responses.

Just saying.

Same here. Have been using my work laptop for DCS and I have completely used up the 512 SSD.

Since I don't play DCS at work and have a pretty extensive controller/keyboard setup I want to build a new desktop to stay at home hooked up.

That way I'm not using 5 port 3.0 USB ports just to plug everything in every night.

Want to set this up just for my simulators and whatever other gaming I do. I use a 50" 2160p 4K UHD monitor for my gaming and for some reason it's just annoying using the same setup for emails or searching the internet. The big screen is to big.

For just browsing, email, etc. I always have the laptop at my home office desk with a smaller 39" 1080p. Just seems the perfect size for this.

Problem is I haven't built a pc in over 15 years now. Back when dual cores first came out and I was using a Lian Li heavy duty aluminum case with slide out hardware for easy swapping. I still have this entire setup sitting on the shelf in the closet. Don't know if any of the hardware is even usable. Had a pretty high end audio setup in it.

Most of the gear I purchased thru New Egg.

I don't want to go out and drop $1200 just because it says Alienware on it.

Hey

Everyone on reddit saidnforn a maxed out vr machine id need 2500

I got all dcs maxed out wirh a prebuilt 1700 tho. It was on pcgamers top 10 prebuilds. If ur tv takes hdmi skip.a monitor

Dont listen to netativity aby this. Idk if it was kids mad someone else is gettinga toy or what but the joy ppl seemed to take in insisting it couldnt be dones hilarious

They were talking custom.home.built

.if o could still do that this woulda cost 1300 ornso. But i ignored them and went to microcenter. Best comp i EVER had. Considering i may not see 2021. F IT

Edited by sublime

Seriously it's like trying to read one of my wife's text she sends me on the phone.

I'm always like.. say What!!??

Were you doing a talking text while driving or something.

If you read it it came out very garbled and joined together.

Not being sarcastic just trying to bring to your attention. The clearer something is the more likely you are to get intelligent responses.

Just saying.

Well.. besides weed im prescribed klonopon.for.ptsd and anxiety

Im on meds that kick.my ass thar are killing.my.hep c. And it seems.accdg to dox i may mot see 2021

I dont type this for sympathy. 1 i have big hands

2 i almost always post on cell even in front of comp

Why u say? So i can play same time dummy lol!

So yes im.bombed some.nites. i wasnt offended but the constant typo comments (more on quora) get old as i wwnt over the last 3 threads i got sogpiled fot.grammar on. Each post averaged 15 typoa. Every single typo was say a u instead of I.

So yea messy

But illegible, illiterate and other things ive been called... sigh

Is it just me or did this guy shotgun a case of Red Bulls before making these videos?

Holy crap. He had my head spinning trying to keep up with him.

Definitely sounds like he knows his stuff but damn!! Like watching a video on double speed.

Had a girlfriend like him once. Used to stuff a sock in her mouth just so we could have sex...lol.

Appreciate it. I got a aw3some one

Well.. besides weed im prescribed klonopon.for.ptsd and anxiety

Im on meds that kick.my ass thar are killing.my.hep c. And it seems.accdg to dox i may mot see 2021

I dont type this for sympathy. 1 i have big hands

2 i almost always post on cell even in front of comp

Why u say? So i can play same time dummy lol!

So yes im.bombed some.nites. i wasnt offended but the constant typo comments (more on quora) get old as i wwnt over the last 3 threads i got sogpiled fot.grammar on. Each post averaged 15 typoa. Every single typo was say a u instead of I.

So yea messy

But illegible, illiterate and other things ive been called... sigh

:thumbup:

No problems sir.

Just makes it very hard when trying to read.

I don't do a lot phone emails or forums for that very reason.

Can't stand when I say something into the phone because you're driving down the road and you look at it and it's nothing like what you said.

So now you have to wait until you can actually stop to correct all the smart phone typos.

Just curious what country are you in?

:thumbup:

No problems sir.

Just makes it very hard when trying to read.

I don't do a lot phone emails or forums for that very reason.

Can't stand when I say something into the phone because you're driving down the road and you look at it and it's nothing like what you said.

So now you have to wait until you can actually stop to correct all the smart phone typos.

Just curious what country are you in?

US - Boston MA

I finally built it!

Guys just to let you know, I finally got the Ryzen 7 3700X and the RTX 2070.

Min fps is 47 at low level flying over Las Vegas at night, with the Tomcat. Graphics High Settigns.

Average fps level is 60 in those conditions.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Have a good one.

2ORqeDZ.png

Edited by Peter97
uploaded my settings.

Do you feel like you have achieved your goals of fluid immersion with your build?, becuse those FPS numbers doesn´t seem too hi compared with the FPS numbers published by other people at 1080p

Are you talking on 1080p on flat screen?

Something must be wrong or misunderstood by me.

I mean: it have to be a great build with those components..... Are you on dual DDR4 3200 0r 3800 Mhz sticks?

You need to be doing 100 FPS or more on average I think. (Not minimum, but....).... well: over 100 FPS or more on hi altitude at least....

Let´s see what other people think. (If, at least, you don´t have any stutter at low fly, that´s an improvement for sure).

SSD?

Edited by Leaderface

Min fps is 47 at low level flying over Las Vegas at night, with the Tomcat. Graphics High Settigns.

Have a good one.

Excellent! :thumbup:

I've had my new 3700X rig going for about a week and it's night and day in DCS over my old setup. And though I'm not into RGB lights, I do like the Wraith cooler all lit up.

The Channel was a slideshow before with anything but the simplest plane, now I can run the carrier with the F-18 and it's fine. Still playing with the settings, some options just destroy my FPS.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Have a good one.

its-aliveeee.gif?resize=500%2C261

Have a good one.

2ORqeDZ.png

I would have expected significantly better performance than 60 fps average and 47 fps minimum. You should be getting around 130-140 I would think with minimums around 100 fps. I don't know what SSLR is, so that might be the cause. Heat effects high is a resource hog, but not at that level.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

I would have expected significantly better performance than 60 fps average and 47 fps minimum. You should be getting around 130-140 I would think with minimums around 100 fps. I don't know what SSLR is, so that might be the cause. Heat effects high is a resource hog, but not at that level.

Something must to be wrong.

@Peter97: have you looked if your DDR sticks are in the right place for dual channel?

On my system SSLR caused a huge drop, like half, in the fps. If he runs with sslr off I think he will be around 120 avg as my system gives that

Intel i7-10700k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, 1TB NVMe SSD, LG32GK850G 2560x1440 Monitor, Noctua u12a cooler

If I wanted to have absolutely the best Desktop PC (Not laptop) with the fastest CPU/GPU, highest possible graphics and plenty of HD storage for this and upcoming DCS modules what would I be needing?

Not looking to build just buy it already pre-built.

Prebuilt?

It depends a lot on the country you live.

Not many brands sell over the world. And very few have all the components of the highest quality (almost ever there is one that fails on the rest).

But in USA surely you have lots of gaming brands to choose.

Unfortunately, there is not perfect Pc for a game that is in continous "work in progress". It all depends on the developer hands more than on the hardware you can buy.

Sorry.

If I wanted to have absolutely the best Desktop PC (Not laptop) with the fastest CPU/GPU, highest possible graphics and plenty of HD storage for this and upcoming DCS modules what would I be needing?

Not looking to build just buy it already pre-built.

Intel 10600K/10700K/10900K

NVIDIA 2080Ti

32 GB 3200 CL14-14-14-3X / 3600 CL16-16-16-3X

2TB NVME (CPU channel connected)

Tune to taste/budget.

Edited by reece146