DCS TacBoard - iOS Kneeboard App

Dethmagnetic

DCS TacBoard

DCS TacBoard is a kneeboard application for iOS devices. It includes checklists, airport information, reference data (including performance charts, weapon information, etc.), and a notepad for in-flight notes and diagrams. It is free with no ads, and is completely open source:

https://github.com/xchrishawk/TacBoard

Beta Release

I (finally) have a beta version ready to go on Apple’s TestFlight platform. If you’re interested in testing it out, I would really appreciate any feedback, comments, or suggestions. Here’s the link to join the beta:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/J1qprUnI

You will need to install the TestFlight app from Apple on your iOS device, and then tap on the link above to join the beta. It will download the app to your device, then you can use it just like a normal app. The beta build will expire after 90 days, but I’m hoping to have a released version on the App Store well before then anyway (hopefully within the next 3-4 weeks).

I want to emphasize that this is a *beta* and isn’t complete. The main issue for now is that I only really have content for the A-10C, Caucasus, and Nevada modules. Those are the ones I’m most familiar with and I wanted to focus on those while proving out the app.

Here’s what’s working:

• Checklists are fully functional. There are complete/comprehensive checklists available for the A-10C. Hoping to have more aircraft soon.
  • All airport information is complete for the Caucasus and Nevada regions. There are links to airport charts produced by Virtual JaBoG32 (https://www.virtual-jabog32.de/) for the Caucasus region and 476th VFG (http://www.476vfightergroup.com/) for Nevada.
  • Notepad is completely functional.
  • Reference documents are functional, and have a ton of content for the A-10C.
  • App supports dark/night mode to save your retinas when flying at night.

Here’s what’s not yet complete:

• User-created checklists. This is my next goal.
  • “Advanced mode” for checklists. This will condense checklists for experienced pilots.
  • Checklists for non-Warthog aircraft. My next target is F/A-18C.
  • More reference information, especially “general” military aviation topics like missile threat types.

I am hoping to have regular updated builds over the next few weeks to fix bugs and add new features. I will post updates to this thread when each new build is available.

Hope you enjoy!

Screenshots

JguLW5Y.png

0tDhhEI.png

jzRmoL4.png

hFIftXO.png

Edited by Dethmagnetic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My rig: i7 3770K oc'd to 4.7 GHz | Asus Maximus 5 Extreme mobo | 4 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 | 2 x EVGA GTX 680 in SLI | Asus Xonar Phoebus audio card | OCZ Vertex 4 512 GB SSD

My peripherals: Dell U3011 30" at 2560x1600 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD 558 | Razer Black Widow | Razer Imperator

great tool what i can say in the short moment ive been tested

In the Notepad section it would be great to implement a Brifing Chart, with Callsign, Package, Homebase, Target, TOT. Ordonace and so on

2. Thing is an fuel, drag, weight calculation Tool if possible

3. Threat database

thx for your work and passion to develope those thinks for the community

Edited by Ghostraider

great tool what i can say in the short moment ive been tested

In the Notepad section it would be great to implement a Brifing Chart, with Callsign, Package, Homebase, Target, TOT. Ordonace and so on

2. Thing is an fuel, drag, weight calculation Tool if possible

3. Threat database

thx for your work and passion to develope those thinks for the community

These are great suggestions, thanks! I will add these to the to-do list.

Nice tool. Keep up the good work.

Will this app also released for Windows or Android in the future.?

I don't have any experience with Android. I am planning to make the app open source, and if someone wants to take a shot at porting it to Android, I am more than happy to help out however I can.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My rig: i7 3770K oc'd to 4.7 GHz | Asus Maximus 5 Extreme mobo | 4 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 | 2 x EVGA GTX 680 in SLI | Asus Xonar Phoebus audio card | OCZ Vertex 4 512 GB SSD

My peripherals: Dell U3011 30" at 2560x1600 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD 558 | Razer Black Widow | Razer Imperator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Is this still in development? My iPad decided to test gravity onto a tile floor, so I’ve been reinstalling to a new device.

Beta invite has been closed through TestFlight, and I don’t see it in the App Store.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...