SAM Simulator

Groove

Then, on a victory roll, I fire up the Hanoi Linebacker ll mission, which I haven't ever touched, and pull off the feat of all feats: I shoot down six B-52s, each with one missile. That MUST be some natural birth talent right there, aye ;)

I've been trying to shoot down a B-52 in the Linebacker II mission, and so far haven't hit a thing! I'm sure I've scared them though...(

)

Maybe you can provide some guidance jazjar, given how easily it came to you the very first time...

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Since this SAM simulator is free and made by a former SAM battery commander, any plans to integrate this into Combined Arms (to make that the simulator it deserves to be)?

Just because a product is distributed free of charge does not make it public domain.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

this developer should either come in touch with ED or ED should come in touch with him.. this is too much of a golden opportunity to do serious SAM development in DCS world..

Edited by Kaktus29
corrected the "developed into developer"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just tried it.. most of the lower half of switches are gone.. I need to get a bigger monitor or yet, figure out how to resize that thing onto 1366X768. Too bad there is not visuals. Still my favourite SAM in that sim is SA-2 Guideline.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

This game seriously needs some more tutorials.

Not so much for the gameplay itself as for the content setup.

How am I supposed to use the new Osa module if there's no valid operations for it? Most of all, I can't figure out how to make live fire missions. There doesn't seem to be any way to move your SAM site or change the location of target waypoints. So all you can do is have some Apaches uselessly wandering around, fifty kilometers out of range.

Anyone have any insight on how to set up decent live fire practice? The operations are brutal and not a good place to learn the ropes.

Really? I've had no problem using the Sa-8 on the Ustka range. A missile boat sits off the coast and you can set it to lob drones at you. They fly a zig-zag path and I had trouble recognising the first couple.

My problem with the Sa-8 is that it works too damn well! After all the other units this one just works and has very little to tweak.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn this is fun. Only thing I wish for is that we get some scenarios where the SAMs didn't pretty much lose. Only time I've ever managed to down enemy planes is in Eldorado Canyon and the War of Attrition, but I always get knocked out only a few seconds later.

It really helps you understand how paralyzed SAM systems are if there aren't any friendly fighters up to stop enemy planes from wreaking havoc on everything related to a radar with jamming and HARMs. No wonder the biggest threat to planes is still AAA, MANPADs and optically guided SAMs.

In the War of Attrition campaign I get away with it due to a lack of ARMs (in this one I tend to get it because I chose SAM batteries under attack, so I won't have to bother too much with luring them into range), but in Eldorado Canyon, 20 seconds is way more than called for before there's a HARM incoming.

Btw, is it just me, or is it pretty much impossible to actually hit something when firing a T/T solution at a jamming target?