cannot get Mavericks to work any longer

Ramstein

cannot get Mavericks with the Harrier to work any longer. Have ran this module for a couple of years, but lately, cannot fire mavericks, and have uninstalled and re-installed the module hoping it will fix whatever got corrupted. I also installed a new Warthog HOTAS, but it was working good up until a couple months ago, not sure when these issues started, but this year? I searched the forums and looked at other issues and fixes. Doing another re-install, hopefully, it was just corruption from what I don't know, I really don't think I have any mods, and I have been flying DCS beta for a couple of years. :huh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I like all the details you didn't provide. What Mavericks and what conditions and exactly isn't working? They were working fine last night, if you want help you need to provide some thing more useful than 'they don't work'. They work fine.

IR mavs and laser work very differently. And IR don't work as well in the day. And ''reinstall' is almost never the solution to anything, for future reference.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

cannot get Mavericks with the Harrier to work any longer. Have ran this module for a couple of years, but lately, cannot fire mavericks, and have uninstalled and re-installed the module hoping it will fix whatever got corrupted. I also installed a new Warthog HOTAS, but it was working good up until a couple months ago, not sure when these issues started, but this year? I searched the forums and looked at other issues and fixes. Doing another re-install, hopefully, it was just corruption from what I don't know, I really don't think I have any mods, and I have been flying DCS beta for a couple of years. :huh:

Check if its not the problem with the AWACS requets keybind issue that is preventing you from launching the mavs. Just the delete the keybind to Request AWACS home airbase if theres one set.

I used both Laser and IR Mav's last night without issue. If you describe your issue in more detail someone will probably be able to assist.

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

ok, so far the bombs work ok,,, I think the mavericks either have the issues or are fixed, not sure... I think the mavericks were easier in the past, or something went bad in my setup..

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I like all the details you didn't provide. What Mavericks and what conditions and exactly isn't working? They were working fine last night, if you want help you need to provide some thing more useful than 'they don't work'. They work fine.

IR mavs and laser work very differently. And IR don't work as well in the day. And ''reinstall' is almost never the solution to anything, for future reference.

the mavericks were not working, not even in the training missions. They would not fire.:joystick:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Just tested and Mavs are working well for me. I sometimes I have to re-select weapon station to get the IRs to uncage but this also happened before latest patch. I have weapon stations mapped to keyboard so for example, IR stations are mapped to key 5 and Lasers to key 6, that seems to reset the missile if it doesn't uncage first time.

Otherwise, the obvious one is to make sure IRs are warmed up and you have the RDY symbol, or that you are in AG mode, or that your key bindings are mapped properly.

Good luck!

Once I had the problem with the IR Mavericks that they would not get ready. Even after 5 min they were still not warmed up. But another time everything went fine. Maybe its a warming up problem since the latest update.

But I really have a problem with the laserguided Mavericks. I set the Lasercod to 1688, designate a target with the TPOD and uncage the Maverick. But they dont lock on the laser and I can not launch them.

the mavericks were not working, not even in the training missions. They would not fire.:joystick:

Again you're providing relatively little detail. The Mavericks are fine, so either the mission is broken or you're doing it wrong. Try a different mission. If works, then don't use that mission. If still not working, then it's you.

1. A2G HUD mode on

2. Master Arm On

Laser Mavs :

TPOD to standby, takes several minutes, must be in air

Laser code set, done on DMT page, must be done in air

Laser armed, laser mode selected (there are multiple modes)

Fire laser

Uncage Maverick, you will see the seeker moving around, it should lock if the target is in it's FoV

Fire at will

Clouds, smoke, trees, etc will block the laser. LoS and laser active must be maintained until impact. Des can be slewed at will until impact.

IR Mavs:

Ready IR Mav by selecting in store page. They will not launch until STBY switches to RDY (lower left corner)

Select DMT TV mode (sensor select aft)

Slew to target

Uncage Mav (should have video on both MFDs)

Select maverick seeker (sensor select forward)

Slew over target until lock (crosshairs close on target)

Fire at will.

IR mavs don't work as well in daylight or if sun is setting behind the target. They are FAF weapons, multiple may be rippled in one pass.

Both weapons work FINE. Either the missions broke or you're not doing the above. 99% chance you're forgetting to select the Mav seeker. The DMT is NOT used for targeting, it ONLY acts as an aide to point the seeker in the right direction, you MUST select the seeker separately and acquire the target lock with IT.

AGAIN, it's hard to help you because you aren't giving any useful information besides ''it doesn't work''. YES, IT DOES.

Yeah, last I flew it worked fine. I have seen various weird graphics bugs over the last few months with the tpod/laser though. Haven't seen the cooling bug in a long time.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I am going to try my non Beta install, but i have to install some modules that are not installed, as I have no flown my non-beta install in ages. As soon as it updates, I will try that version.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I am going to try my non Beta install, but i have to install some modules that are not installed, as I have no flown my non-beta install in ages. As soon as it updates, I will try that version.

It's not a version issue. They've been working fine for months. It's a user issue.

Very great detail provided by zhukov032186, just follow his steps.

The only thing I haven't seen in this thread of exceptionally helpful people in response to a vague post about issues is to check your keymapping. Even if you haven't changed anything, please check to ensure all the commands detailed above, are working in the options>keybinding.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

I apologize for not responding with more info.. very bad week. Death in Family, had large trees being cut, one tree missed the landing spot. The only good news is I got my Harrier mavericks working. I had to work on the profile for my joystick. I never had to work on a profile as much as this one with the new Warthog stick. Thank you for the feedback, as the forum feedback let me know that it was issues on my end that stopped them from working.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

IR mavs can take what seems like an age to warm up, but as someone has mentioned above they aren't too great for day time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

It depends on the situation, plus you have to look at the weapons you have available. If my targets are literally sleeping armor, with absolutely no air defence capabilities, GBU's are a better choice, because you can carry 12 of them, as opposed to 4 IRMV's. You fly overhead at 15-20k, paint (laser) one target after another and send each a little Easter present; and even if the target moves, the TPOD will track it. But if they're going to reciprocate with some SAM's GBU's are out of the question.

With an IRMV you can setup yourtarget at 10-15k alt. and 15 nm and slide in carefully while playing the TPOD-paparazzi game. At about 7 nm you can launch and if no one has raised a fuss, turn away and return to the 15 nm mark to turn around and pick off the next target; the IRMV, once it's on-target is a sure hit, about 95% of the time, even if the target starts to move. If the enemy gets frisky, fire your missle and turn off 90° and head for the deck, where you turn off another 45° and sneak back out, while blowing chaff out your ass, to climb up to 10-15k again, rinse and repeat.

Also, with heavy cloud cover, you can forget GBU's completely.

Edited by Captain Orso

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1