IR Mav's and the TPOD

Nightmare22

I often use the IR Mavs along with the Tpod to allow target acquisition more efficiently and from a lot further out, the IR Mav salves to the T-POD great, but when centered on a target that's in range, the IR Mav won't lock itself onto the target without me having to 'bump' the IR Mav's own TDC off the target and back.

Am I falsely remembering a way around this so i can just force lock it without moving it away and back, sometimes bumping it on and off target is clumsy unless flying straight and level on AP?

Keep pressing TDC action repeatedly. If the crosshairs are on the target you shouldn't have to slew. Make sure IR mav is selected with sensor control up (assuming you did this because you can slew).

If that doesn't work let me know I'll run my own test on it.

Edited by LastRifleRound

When you have your target in Tpod, uncage the mavs from Stores page, maverick should be directed on your target. Then, press sensor switch forward, you should see IRMV displayed on the maverick display. Then, when your in range, press and hold TDC down (not aft), the crosshair on mav display will be full, you can launch

Thanks! Had a good successful flight last night firing IR Mavs in combination with the T-POD without having to re-slew the IR MAV, I love lasing but man them Mavs seem to take forever to get to their target - Gone back to the IR's for a nice bit of fire and forget, I can RTB to have Tea and Crumpets whilst the IR Mav continues onward :D

Thanks! Had a good successful flight last night firing IR Mavs in combination with the T-POD without having to re-slew the IR MAV, I love lasing but man them Mavs seem to take forever to get to their target - Gone back to the IR's for a nice bit of fire and forget, I can RTB to have Tea and Crumpets whilst the IR Mav continues onward :D

Glad you got this sorted :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

Usually the IR Mavs work fine for me just like the procedure above—find target with TPOD, uncage IRMV, sensor select up, designate, fire. But many times when I go sensor switch up, the IRMV sensor seems to be locked somewhere other than where the TPOD is looking. I get a sort of box on the screen and a cross to one side that I assume is where the IRMV sensor is looking. No matter how many times I hit designate, the IRMV won’t look anywhere near the TPOD aim point.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Usually the IR Mavs work fine for me just like the procedure above—find target with TPOD, uncage IRMV, sensor select up, designate, fire. But many times when I go sensor switch up, the IRMV sensor seems to be locked somewhere other than where the TPOD is looking. I get a sort of box on the screen and a cross to one side that I assume is where the IRMV sensor is looking. No matter how many times I hit designate, the IRMV won’t look anywhere near the TPOD aim point.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Screenshot of settings of both MPCDs?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

The IRMV IR seeker might not be able to slew to where the TPOD is looking. The TPOD can slew 360°, as long as the vertical angle is not too shallow. The IRMV is far more restrictive.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

The IRMV IR seeker might not be able to slew to where the TPOD is looking. The TPOD can slew 360°, as long as the vertical angle is not too shallow. The IRMV is far more restrictive.

That’s just it. The TPOD is aimed right off the nose I always wait until I can see the marker in the HUD to prevent that problem. It’s like the missile is locked somewhere else and doesn’t want to let go. Sometimes (rarely) keeping the IRMV screen up until it exceeds gimbal limit then trying again will make it work—but not often.

Is there a way to undesignate the missile, rather than the TPOD? Maybe that is what I’m looking for.

Still having issues where the IRs won't hit their targets or will aim for areas around targets but never actually hot-spots.

I don't remember these things being so finicky and frustrating, but at closer ranges, they'll lock onto the grass areas alllllllllllllll around, but never the single bright white hotspot....

Surely this is wrong.

Still having issues where the IRs won't hit their targets or will aim for areas around targets but never actually hot-spots.

I don't remember these things being so finicky and frustrating, but at closer ranges, they'll lock onto the grass areas alllllllllllllll around, but never the single bright white hotspot....

Surely this is wrong.

ENEMY grass, you mean.

So the next day I actually had zero issues.

Something interesting to note:

Besides being on Caucasus vs PG, the only real difference was range.

At closer ranges they didn't want to lock up on targets at all.

At range, it would lock them up lickety split.