[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE]JTAC Abort - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-11-2019, 01:17 PM   #21
bonesvf103

I re-watched Wags' video on GBUs and he is flying the same mission I was, and his approach is the same as well. They say egress east but he approaches from the NW and he doesn't get an abort command. I did everything he did in the same sequence. I also flew this mission many times before (I'm just starting to get back into the Hornet again after many Tomcat hours) without this happening so that's why I wonder if something changed in the mission since I last flew it.

v6,
boNes
Old 12-11-2019, 01:34 PM   #22
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Hi

post a short track replay we will take a look.

Make sure you approach from outside the IP the JTAC can be fussy about procedure
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:49 AM   #23
bonesvf103

Here's a track. It's a bit sloppy as I was trying to get through the calls ASAP but the point is you can see that I was flying in what I would think is a good direction. There a a couple of times I drop my nose so you can see where the JTAC is, where the target is, and how I was flying to avoid passing over the JTAC or even pointing at him.

The times it did clear me in, I think I was at ingress heading of 090 give or take 5 degrees. I mean it seemed VERY sensitive to you being off heading even a little bit.

Also, when I make a good drop, and they clear me to re-attack, and I come back--or if they tell me to abort and I come back and they say IP inbound you'll see that I don't get an option to say laser on. So even though I get cleared hot, they never lase.

I think in one instance when I do get a laser on I had to fly something like 10+ miles away before calling IP inbound. Or, of course, check out, then check back in after which I have to go through the whole process all over again.

Also here is video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzk2NmQ0Xu8

v6,
boNes
Attached Files
File Type: trk GBU.trk (4.64 MB, 49 views)

Last edited by bonesvf103; 12-12-2019 at 01:24 PM.
bonesvf103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:12 PM   #24
bonesvf103

One thing I noticed. In the previous replies it was stressed that you have to attack from the direction that JTAC is telling you or they will call abort.

I was flying the stock Maverick missions and they gave me a direction of attack. At one point they said egress east. I ingressed from the east, egressing west, and I still got a cleared hot and was able to fire the laser Maverick and have it hit.

So now I'm not so sure that your direction per JTAC matters.

v6,
boNes
Old 12-16-2019, 01:28 PM   #25
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Hi,

just watching the video first, noticed you are making your attack runs to early, wait until you call spot and in before making the actual attack run.

After your attack egress outside the IP before returning.

If you do this out of order the JTAC can be sensitive.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:36 PM   #26
bonesvf103

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Hi,

just watching the video first, noticed you are making your attack runs to early, wait until you call spot and in before making the actual attack run.

After your attack egress outside the IP before returning.

If you do this out of order the JTAC can be sensitive.

Thanks I'll try that, although I'm not too sure how much difference it will make. I only say that because I was in a hurry making the video (not enough time to do things and have a life haha) so I may have just rushed it for the purpose of making the video quickly.

But again, my biggest suspicion is how I can approach from any direction I choose in the Maverick mission and the JTAC clears me hot...unless the Maverick mission is broken, heh.

v6,
boNes
Old 01-13-2020, 12:59 PM   #27
bonesvf103

I noticed this has the "investigating" tag. Any news?

v6,
boNes
Old 01-13-2020, 01:18 PM   #28
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesvf103 View Post
I noticed this has the "investigating" tag. Any news?

v6,
boNes
JTAC seems to be working as intended for me.

Make sure you add the IP in the mission editor, when flying the mission make sure you follow the radio prompts and egress to the IP before making your second attack.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:47 PM   #29
bonesvf103

I didn't write the mission, it is a stock mission from ED.

v6,
boNes
Old 01-14-2020, 01:11 PM   #30
takamba

Are you really dropping GBU-12 without TGP?

Ah, I get it, you set a waypoint as target.

Cool.

Last edited by takamba; 01-14-2020 at 01:15 PM.
takamba is offline   Reply With Quote