[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE]JTAC Abort - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-06-2019, 03:41 AM   #1
bonesvf103

Default [UNABLE TO REPRODUCE]JTAC Abort

I've flown this mission before without problem but now all of a sudden JTAC always tells me to abort What triggers that?

I check in
I tell him ready for 9 line
I tell him ready to copy remarks
I select the weapon he requests and set it up properly
I 9 line readback
I report IP inbound
He says continue.I say laser on
He responds laser on, lasing
I say spot
I say in
then he tells me abort

Why? Am I too close? I gotten clearance to go in hot at 5 mi before with no problem.

Also, when he calls abort and you respond IP inbound and then he says continue when you come back, then I say in and he says cleared hot, is his laser back on? Seems like the bombs fall short then.

v6,
boNes

Last edited by bonesvf103; 12-06-2019 at 07:06 AM.
bonesvf103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:47 AM   #2
randomTOTEN

In the A-10C one of the things I realized will make him call ABORT is if I attack from the wrong direction
randomTOTEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:53 PM   #3
Harker
DCS Ground Crew

Yeah, make sure you're coming from the correct direction. I've gotten aborts in the F-18 if I was coming from the wrong direction
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro 512 GB, 970 Evo Plus 1TB, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum 1300W, Acer Predator XB271HK|Hornet grip on T-50 base, Warthog side-stick, Warthog throttle, TPR pedals, 3 MFDs, MT desk mounts, TrackIR, VAICOM Pro|
F/A-18C, F-16C, JF-17, AV-8B, A-10C, M-2000C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
Harker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:56 PM   #4
bonesvf103

The direction is when they say "Troops in contact"? as in "South, troops in contact"?

v6,
boNes
Old 12-06-2019, 05:53 PM   #5
randomTOTEN

"Final attack heading XXX-XXX" Your aircraft heading must indicate between these values for weapon release.

"Egress North/East/South/West" This is the direction you must turn after weapon release.
randomTOTEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 07:36 PM   #6
bonesvf103

Oh, that's right. Sorry been flying the Tomcat for so long have been forgetting my Bug fundamentals.

v6,
boNes
Old 12-06-2019, 11:01 PM   #7
rob10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesvf103 View Post
Also, when he calls abort and you respond IP inbound and then he says continue when you come back, then I say in and he says cleared hot, is his laser back on? Seems like the bombs fall short then.

I've seen it posted here (and my experience seems to validate it) that the JTAC will only lase for 5 mins from when you first call for lasing. I've gotten in the habit of clicking the timer to keep an eye on it. If you take too long to line up or fly in, or if you get an abort and have to line up a 2nd time you could be over the 5 minutes by the time the bomb hits and thus it isn't guiding and falls short (or at least off the target). You can also confirm the laser is no longer on by undesignating and trying to LSS again and it won't find it.
Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any easy way to get them to turn the laser back on. I have on rare occasion gotten a "Laser on" option back in the comms menu, but only rarely and I'm not sure what I did differently that caused it to show.
rob10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:57 PM   #8
bonesvf103

ACtually I just did the mission again and they didn't give me an approach direction. All they said was

1,2,3 n/a
4 elevation 1000 ft msl
target atillery
coordinates KNB20055
Makrked by aser 1688
friendlies south 500 meters, troops in contact
egress east.

That's all.

Why do they tell me to abort then?

v6,
boNes
Old 12-07-2019, 05:57 PM   #9
rob10

They should give you an attack heading in the "Remarks and further talk on" that you should acknowledge being ready for after they give you the above info (which is the 9-line).
rob10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #10
bonesvf103

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob10 View Post
They should give you an attack heading in the "Remarks and further talk on" that you should acknowledge being ready for after they give you the above info (which is the 9-line).

They didn't. After that nine line I say ready to copy remarks, they tell me what weapon they want, and to call IP inbound. I call IP inbound, he says continue.I say laser on he responds laser on, lasing
I say spot
I say in
then he tells me abort

v6
boNes