GBU-24 not on target

Delta59R

Practicing guided bombs atm, I'm getting the 12, 16 and 10 on target but not the 24. What am I getting wrong? Thanks

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

It's bugged - ED bug I think, don't believe it works on the Mirage either.

copy that thx

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

Would definitely be nice to have it work properly

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

• 8 months later...
I was using the GBU 24 when I was teaching myself to use the LANTIRN Pod. My head about blew off my shoulders, until I figured out it was bugged, and started using different ordinance.

OK, now it makes sense, I was doing the same thing (learning the LANTIRN in single player), and was wondering why the GBU-24 was not tracking the laser but the GBU-16 and GBU-12 were.

Any word on if/when this might be fixed (by ED I presume)?

The GBU-24 is a Paveway III series bomb with different guidance than the Paveway II bombs (GBU-1X). This different guidance system has not yet been implemented by ED, so it's not really a bug, but more of a non completed WIP feature that has yet to be finished by ED. Bottom line is still though, that the GBU-24 is currently not working properly.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The GBU-24 is a Paveway III series bomb with different guidance than the Paveway II bombs (GBU-1X). This different guidance system has not yet been implemented by ED, so it's not really a bug, but more of a non completed WIP feature that has yet to be finished by ED. Bottom line is still though, that the GBU-24 is currently not working properly.

Honestly, they should just put the Paveway II bang-bang guidance on it so it works and then tweak from there... no reason to not have a working bomb, even if it isn't perfect. Yes, I'm aware it's essentially the same as a GBU-10 then... I still don't care ;)

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

Honestly, they should just put the Paveway II bang-bang guidance on it so it works and then tweak from there... no reason to not have a working bomb, even if it isn't perfect. Yes, I'm aware it's essentially the same as a GBU-10 then... I still don't care ;)

+1

We’re not talking about an FM, so I agree, if they can just borrow the same guidance from a PW2 it would be great.

• 4 months later...

It's less of a bug, but more of a feature that hasn't really been implemented yet. The GBU-24 has never worked, as it is a new weapon with a new guidance system that ED still needs to implement. Some of the third party devs (Heatblur with the Tomcat and RAZBAM with the Mirage) jumped the gun on this one and included the GBU-24 in their aircraft loadouts although it's guidance system is still in early development with ED.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thx QuiGon - do you know if there is any timeline to it? I mean, it is not that new, introduced in the early 80's and this issue has been apparent for years in DCS World.

Also, IS it "on the list"?

Thx again!

Thx QuiGon - do you know if there is any timeline to it? I mean, it is not that new, introduced in the early 80's and this issue has been apparent for years in DCS World.

Also, IS it "on the list"?

Thx again!

Not this year anymore, but it's on the feature list for 2021.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes please for using the current paveway guidance for a temporary solution. We've been using AMRAAM FM and guidance since lock on for a long time and we live with until it was sort of updated. so doing the same thing for the 24 wont hurt

Yes please for using the current paveway guidance for a temporary solution. We've been using AMRAAM FM and guidance since lock on for a long time and we live with until it was sort of updated. so doing the same thing for the 24 wont hurt

Well, why don't you just use the current Paveways (GBU-12/16/10) instead?

Tornado3 small.jpg

is GBU 10 in game? available on F-14 (I do not know, do not have f-14, will ask group member).

Mirage 2000 does not list GBU-10, only GBU-24. Need for bunker busting. :)

The GBU-10 is available in DCS, but I'm not sure if it is available for the M2000. It's definitely available for the A-10C, F-14B, F-16C and F/A-18C though and is my preferred choice for bunker busting besides the GBU-31.

Tornado3 small.jpg