Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 95 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #941
Snacko

I was wondering if the app had to be running for this to work also. I think I once had it work when the app was not running. Once it's setup I don't think you need the app. But I am not sure.

I have the app setup to run at boot with Windows Task manager.

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
-- Thread -- ♥ Download
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:56 PM   #942
Cirrus

I figure out that I have to set in preferences to openbeta and with the correct path to the install folder. Then I'm able to make a profile to move my KB in a position that I want on my screen. When I go in the cockpit nothing is change. Because I run with a 1 monitor for the cockpit and 2 small screens for MFD's or radars etc my kB is split in the 2 monitors. Have no idea what I have to idea to solved this problem. Someone any idea?
Cirrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:04 AM   #943
pellelil

I don't want to have all the default airfield-pages in my kneeboard for for "Default Kneeboard" -> "Caucasus" I remove "Deafult" from the the "Groups Selected..." (it goes into "Available Group"), and then I click "Build Caucasus. Default Kneeboard". This works fine when I fly with DCS the pages I want gone (Default) are gone from me kneeboard - all is well.

Next day I come back and want to fly with DCS, and magically the default pages have reappeared. So in short every time I want to start DCS (without the default Caucasus pages). I have go run Keeboard Builder an remove "Default" from the selected groups for Caucasus.

Anyone know how to "fix this", so I don't have to remove them over and over (I don't want to completely delete the "Default" group, I just want it deactivated).
Old 02-17-2018, 12:32 PM   #944
Snacko

I don't know how to fix it. But did you do a game update? I would think that everytime the game updates it replaces missing files?

-- Thread -- ♥ Download
Old 02-17-2018, 03:02 PM   #945
pellelil

No updates. It seams to be every time I have started DCS World. If I have closed down DCS, I have to go into Kneeboard Manager and again remove "Default" from Caucasus, otherwise I again have all the airport sheets active again
Old 02-18-2018, 04:08 AM   #946
chrisinthailand

Broken.

Worked perfectly prior to DCS World 2.5 but Completely Useless in new DCS World. Immediately crashes every time I open it.

Attempted fixes...

Have installed in a separate drive and directory from my Programs directory.
Have set to Run As An Administrator
Have verified that the program is pointing correctly to my DCS installation folder and saved games folder.
Have tried selecting both Standard and Open Beta in preferences.
Have deleted the 'KneeboardBuilder.exe.config' files and tried starting it again ( there is no 'settings.xml')
Have installed the latest version ( 1.7.0.1 ) 5 times so far..
HAVE NOT tried Deleting the Caucasus base map from /mods/ ( as suggested on Reddit)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="DpiSetting" value="150" />
<add key="DCSpath" value="E:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta" />
<add key="SavedGamesPath" value="C:\Users\acer\Saved Games" />
<add key="PriorVersion" value="False" />
<add key="PriorComponents" value="False" />
<add key="AllowUpdate" value="True" />
<add key="Notifications" value="True" />
<add key="DCSVersion" value="OpenBeta" />
<add key="KeepClear" value="False" />
<add key="Mig21KeepClear" value="False" />
<add key="Mig21DefaultKneeboard" value="False" />
<add key="LiteMode" value="False" />
<add key="DCSexeVersion" value="2.5.0.14304" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>
chrisinthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:46 AM   #947
Boosterdog

Deleted - Problem solved

Last edited by Boosterdog; 02-18-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Boosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:16 PM   #948
=Buckeye=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snacko View Post
I wanted to try and use one Profile for All my aircraft today and so I right-clicked on the KBB icon in the SysTray and selected Profile-->All-->My Profile and received this error message:

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path

I checked and edited that profile and tested it several times in my Stock game and the Alpha with the same results.

Both copies of KBB throw that error and then crash ever time. Attached is my Event Log for this error. Thanks. ;-)
I'm updated to the latest version and keep getting this error...anyone know of a solution?

On Order:
Custom made Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Halls Sensors and Otto switches

VR Rig:
ASUS ROG Strix Gaming OC 1080Ti | i7-4790K | Dell U3415W Curved 21:9 3440x1440 on Ergotron LX Tall mount | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:14 PM   #949
Snacko

Grizzly fixed this after I posted that. Maybe you don't have the latest version? Or maybe his download is wrong?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

-- Thread -- ♥ Download
Old 02-19-2018, 02:46 PM   #950
Boosterdog

Hi

First up THANK YOU for this app. Its going to really help me learn.Having come over from CloD all this modding and apps and what have you is very new ground to me.

I installed the CKB yesterday and, being a noob it took me a little longer than it perhaps should have. So here are some really obvious noob tips that may help someone else...

1) when setting up the app be sure to pick the correct game version in the drop down above the path box for the Saved Games folder (top of the preferences page).

2) The kneeboard options wont appear didn't show up for me until after id shut the app and reopened it after the initial set up.

3) There is a tick box in preferences for "keep kneeboard clear of default" it does what it says.

Anyhow, 3 very obvious things I know but with al the talk of registry edits and old files to delete I spent a good hour or so running up wrong paths.

Of course I could have just hit help and RTFM but who does that? :-) speaking of which, the manual is one of the best in app guides Ive ever seen.
Boosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote