A10C Engines dont start - BUG?

zombifiziert

hi guys,

at the moment i got a really serious issue with the a10c:

it is impossible to start the engines - i have to mention that i used to archive that as absolute rookie having watched a short video - without a problem.

so i tried multiple times - the throttle moves, everything ok with my warthog hotas - but the engine just doesnt start when it clearly should do so...

startup tutorial - exactly done what said - like a total noob, but it just doesnt start.

batterie on, inverter standby, tests, radios on etc. , 4 fuel pumps on, apu on, ac left and right on, apu generator on ...

then the big moment: left throttle from off to idle - totally correctly done, well calibrated ... even with r-strg+pos1 it moves visually to idle but ... no effect...

am i the only one with that issue???

i tried to repair files - no errors found.

seriously, i bought this model to use it, but i cant... :(

haaaaaaaaaaaalp plz.

hi guys,

it is impossible to start the engines - i have to mention that i used to archive that as absolute rookie having watched a short video - without a problem.

so i tried multiple times - the throttle moves, everything ok with my warthog hotas - but the engine just doesnt start when it clearly should do so...

startup tutorial - exactly done what said - like a total noob, but it just doesnt start.

batterie on, inverter standby, tests, radios on etc. , 4 fuel pumps on, apu on, ac left and right on, apu generator on ...

then the big moment: left throttle from off to idle - totally correctly done, well calibrated ... even with r-strg+pos1 it moves visually to idle but ... no effect...

haaaaaaaaaaaalp plz.

Hi!

Just tested it, mine works fine.

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

well, ... good for you. ^^

Does the aircraft have fuel?

Checked for any conflicting axis binds for the throttles?

Do you have the option checked within the controls/settings menu (main DCS menu) to sync controls?

What HOTAS are you using?

Can you provide a short track file so, one might be able to see the exact situation?

Can also confirm, I started without issue in the A10C.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Does the aircraft have fuel?

lol, check. xD

Checked for any conflicting axis binds for the throttles?

check!

Do you have the option checked within the controls/settings menu (main DCS menu) to sync controls?

check!

What HOTAS are you using?

tm warthog

Can you provide a short track file so, one might be able to see the exact situation?

whooot? where do i get this file from??? no clue.

Can also confirm, I started without issue in the A10C.

Cheers,

Don

maybe i try to reinstall... hotas is working totally fine. as i said: it also doesnt work with keys - throttle moves in idle, but no start. really strange. from one moment to another it was broken... tried to repair - didnt find any issues. :/ ... last thing: reinstall module.

maybe i try to reinstall... hotas is working totally fine. as i said: it also doesnt work with keys - throttle moves in idle, but no start. really strange. from one moment to another it was broken... tried to repair - didnt find any issues. :/ ... last thing: reinstall module.

That is why I asked about the fuel at first... Are you sure there is fuel in the aircraft? Kinda sounds like it doesn't have any..

\

F8

F1

Check % of fuel onboard.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

That is why I asked about the fuel at first... Are you sure there is fuel in the aircraft? Kinda sounds like it doesn't have any..

\

F8

F1

Check % of fuel onboard.

Cheers,

Don

ok, since when does a cold n dark start come without any fuel? in tutorial i never started without fuel. but i can check again, even that sounds strange to me.

ok, since when does a cold n dark start come without any fuel? in tutorial i never started without fuel. but i can check again, even that sounds strange to me.

Well the issue is strange, so I am not eliminating things just because they sound strange. Simply trying to assist. Especially before uninstalling and reinstalling a module. If you do that, make sure you save your keybind profiles, if you have made changes from the original.

Cheers,

Don

hi guys,

haaaaaaaaaaaalp plz.

Ok, when you are selecting the APU start below the throttles, after toggling the APU start, you must wait until the APU fully spools and then reaches it's settled reading of just above 80.

Maybe the issue, if you weren't waiting? Also, did you try the engine ignition switches? Assuming the issue isn't/wasn't fuel related. Pretty much all I have, until you could share a short track file of the failed startup.

Cheers,

Don

Edited by Ziptie

Post a track or there's not much else folks will be able to suggest. It sounds like you are doing everything correct, procedurally.

There must be something you aren't telling us, or some physical action you are making on the throttle is not being reproduced (i.e. physical idle/off detent will not work properly unless moved to off after the sim unpauses, unless a specific "synchronize HOTAS at mission start" option is checked in the menu)

Edited by feefifofum

ok, post a track means what exactly?

i didnt try to start them manually, maybe i try that.

as i said before - i do it exactly as before, also in tutorial i follow every step EXACTLY, so i dont do something else.

the warthog hotas works fine.

Don’t think anyone is doubting your HOTAS, but the ignition momentary toggle switches can ignite the engines and assist.

But please post a track file.

Load your mission, do the auto start. When it has failed and gets to the point you have described (“startup complete” but engines not running).

Or load your mission, do the manual start (if that is also getting your failure).

Then press ESC and leave mission. The next screen that pops up, will be the debrief. At the bottom of that screen is a button/tab that says SAVE TRACK FILE. Select that and save, then post here.

Cheers,

Don

well, ... good for you. ^^

No need fot tht kind of comment, I only had time to test if it worked or not. I can help you troubleshoot if you want but not until I have gotten my kids to bed.

But as most others already said, post a track file so we can see what is happening.

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

To the OP - I was playing a couple days ago, and on my first cold start in the A-10C is used the Auto-start function. It ran through the normal sequence including having the throttles visibly move to the idle position, but the engines did not actually start. The auto-start sequence proceeded through all the subsequent steps, but a bunch of Master Cautions etc continued because of the mismatch.

I assumed I had done something wrong, like bumping a switch or moving the throttle at the "wrong" time.

So I ran the Auto-shutdown sequence and let it complete. Waited a minute.

Then ran Auto-Start again.

This time, the left engine failed to start but the right engine spooled.

So I quit out, and reloaded into the mission.

Auto-start worked properly that time, with no issue at all.

So, I have nothing useful to add here except, maybe, "you're not crazy".

Good luck.

i7 9700k | GTX 1080 | 32 gb | X55 + ProFlight pedals | TrackIR | Win10

Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria

A-10C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-16C | UH-1H | SA342 | Mi8 | Ka50 | FC3 | CA | SC | Kiowa

haaaaaaaaaaaalp plz.

If you would like, I can run through the startup with you to see if you are in fact missing something or explain some things to check on the startup to system check it.

I am available Saturday through Monday..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just my experience but I have often found with the A-10C, if I forget to have my stick throttle in the idle position or do any kind of physical throttle changes on the stick before the engines have started it seems to screw up the engine start procedure. I generally make sure my throttle is at '0' before I even fire a mission up or I know I'm going to be sitting there twiddling my thumbs during engine start with nothing happening. Hope this helps...:joystick:

Just my experience but I have often found with the A-10C, if I forget to have my stick throttle in the idle position or do any kind of physical throttle changes on the stick before the engines have started it seems to screw up the engine start procedure. I generally make sure my throttle is at '0' before I even fire a mission up or I know I'm going to be sitting there twiddling my thumbs during engine start with nothing happening. Hope this helps...:joystick:
This is an issue in DCS (at least with the Thrustmaster Warthog), where if the throttle is in the cutoff position on load, the first detent to idle is not registered.

I have now learned to leave the throttle in the idle position and then after I have loaded into the A10, moved my throttle into the cutoff position. That seems to help alleviate that issue.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

A-10C Engine start issue with Training Mission Aircraft startup

Folks -

I can confirm this issue. The issue is not that the A-10C can't start engines, it is that the Training Mission for the A-10C for Aircraft startup acts wierd and doesn't let the left engine start, but instead the right engine starts and if you throttle down the right engine then the left engine starts etc. Super wierd.

If you just skip it and move on to other Training missions then you don't see it repeat.

I have run this Training mission about 10 times to try to find any error in my steps or any peculiarity in my setup but the problem recurs 100% of the time.

I am running a fully updated DCS 2.5.5... and have purchased the A-10C. I have Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and used both the HOTAS buttons as well as in-game interface and the problem is not with the switches it is with some logic stuck in the engine startup algorithm inherent to this Tutorial (likely a variable setting that toggles incorrectly).

Actually just experienced this same issue, but in the Hornet, twice today in a MP server. Guess it can be a random thing.

Cheers,

Don