Civilian planes

Neon

Well this is where something like MOOSE could come in handy, if someone could write a script to randomize air traffic in and out of KLAS.

Now that you mention it... look here :) Also have a look at the video I posted above. Only arrivals though, because...

In my mind, you'd need 2 different spawn categories: Hi-altitude transient aircraft (for high-alt contrails) which once out of the area descend and land at McCarran, and aircraft that spawn in from KLAS and take off, either to another location, or come back and land at the origin. You just need them to populate the skies and area, not to actually fly an accurate route. If you randomize it correctly and have the appropriate cleanup scripts it could look very realistic

The problem I found, is that the map is still alpha and the taxiing behavior of the AI aircraft still needs to be improved a lot.

You can easily simulate arrivals but if you add departures the planes crash into each other while taxiing to and from the runway.

I also found that they use the same runway for take-off and landing. I was told that setting the wind in the right direction could help but so far no luck. I could not manage to get the aircraft to use one runway for take-off and the other for landings. And if they use the same runway, it leads to massive delays because planes will abort their final approach if another aircraft is trying to take-off.

But if you want things to improved, feel free to sign the petition.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Fantastic work guys... really enjoying the mod. I do have a bug to report; it seems there must be some texture conflict in 2.x with the S-3 series A-A missile for the Mig-21... not tested in 1.5.x. Thank you again!

the error is in the entry.lua

Delete this line

[color=#FF0000]mount_vfs_model_path    ("Bazar/World/Shapes")[/color]

Thank you for the feedback

• Like 2

Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks !

Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks ! Thanks !

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

O0luuqY.png

What the... ????? :joystick:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X (8x 3.9GHz / 4.5GHz Turbo) | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon | 32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 8GB MSI RTX2080Super GAMING X TRIO | 1000GB SAMSUNG 970-EVO Plus M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 | SSD 1000GB Crucial MX500 (560MB/s - 510MB/s) | TrackIR 5;

Modules: FC3, A10C, A10C II, Mig21Bis, F-16C Viper, FA-18C, JF-17 Thunder, L-39, CArms, Hawk, Aviojet C101, F-86 Sabre, Mig 15, Razbam M2KC, F-5E Tiger, Viggen, Spitfire, Mustang, Dora, BF-109, AV-8B Harrier, Persian Gulf, FA-18C, F-16 Viper, JF-17 Thunder, F-14B TomCattiCat, SuperCarrier, Nevada, Syria, Mariann-Island, South-Atlantic, Channel-Map, Normandy Map + WWII Assets Pack

Yes we are.

Here comes the Civil Aircraft Mod (CAM) in Beta version. The mod is created by cdpkobra (known for his famous VSN-Mods), Skins by SethOs and me.

We are searching people who test the mod, so if you want you can download the CAM here. The mod is freeware. All 3D models are from cadnav.com and are free to use. Since changing the directory for mods in DCS 2.1, this mod isn't JSGME-ready, so you have to install it manually. This is not a flyable mod. The aircraft is placeable like other aircrafts as well and for use as AI. Anyway there's a script out there for random traffic (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194247). Not tested yet!

Video:

How to install the mod:

1. Extract the ZIP File (WinRAR, WinZIP etc)

2. inside the "CAM_beta"-Folder is the Mod himself called "Civil Aircraft Mod" folder. Copy/paste this whole folder ("Civil Aircraft Mod") into

C:\ Users \ Username \ Saved Games \ DCS.openalpha \ Mods \ aircraft

for installing it for DCS World 2.1 (NTTR)

(If the folder "Mods\aircraft" does not exist, create them)

or

C:\ … \ DCS World \ Mods \ aircraft

for DCS World 1.5 (Caucasus)

(The directory "C:" of course is exemplary)

After all you will find the B-747, B-737, B-757 and the A-380 in your Aircraft list in Mission Editor.

Report any bugs and issues here in this thread.

Download CAM_beta.zip:

(EDIT: Download removed, use Dropbox instead)

Download via Dropbox:

Dropbox CAM_beta.zip

No guarantee for this Mod. Installation at your own risk.

have fun :pilotfly:

Great Mod. works well with Nevada.

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

Was really looking forward to checking this out. Dl'd, un-rared to directory as install instructions state. Load up game, go to mission editor, look at plane list..not a one listed.

Anyone got an idea why I do not see the new planes in my aircraft list? I have a dedicated SSD drive for DCS 2.0(E: drive)

Path I used was as install txt states.

C:\Users\Torso\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Mods\aircraft(dropped the CAM folder in there)

load up game/mission editor

I did not see them.

exit out, go to module manager, see it listed and checked.

Close MM and go to main screen, scroll through all modules icons at bottom, do not see CAM icon..so the mm sees it, and it is checked. But the game itself does not..

So for the hell of it I tried also dropping it in the E:\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft dir as well. I loaded up game, ME, aircraft list, still not listed.

I don't see how I can be f'n this up. Anyone got clue what simple thing I am missing here?

Edited by Torso

Was really looking forward to checking this out. Dl'd, un-rared to directory as install instructions state. Load up game, go to mission editor, look at plane list..not a one listed.

Anyone got an idea why I do not see the new planes in my aircraft list? I have a dedicated SSD drive for DCS 2.0(E: drive)

C:>Users>Torso>Saved Games>DCS.openalpha>Mods>aircraft(dropped the CAM folder in there)

I did not see them. So for the hell of it I tried also dropping it in the E:>DCS World 2 OpenAlpha>Mods>aircraft dir as well. I loaded up game, ME, aircraft list, still not listed.

I don't see how I can be f'n this up. Anyone got clue what simple thing I am missing here?

Make sure WINZIP extract did not produce a "double-nested" folder ...

I.E., C:\...\CAM\CAM

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C:\Users\Torso\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Mods\aircraft(dropped the CAM folder in there)

I did not see them.

exit out, go to module manager, see it listed and checked.

Close MM and go to main screen, scroll through all modules icons at bottom, do not see CAM icon..so the mm sees it, and it is checked. But the game itself does not..

So for the hell of it I tried also dropping it in the E:\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft dir as well. I loaded up game, ME, aircraft list, still not listed.

Don't put in the "CAM_beta" folder. Use the folder inside named "Civil Aircraft Mod".

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

have just played around and tested a few AI aircraft, everything works well , except a few minor details:

-the blinking strobe lights remains still on at high cruise altitude, (i think they should be turned off above 10000 or 18000ft ?)

-the B757 has unusually very low approach speed on final (below 100kts and as low as 67kts at touch down)

-erratic banking angles and brutal high AoA's were observed when the aircraft passed waypoints with different assigned altitudes; (- i think that is due to DCS's ai aircraft logic.)

other than that, great job! waiting for Airbus A320 and other aircraft

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN 10  / 64Gb RAM DDR4 @ 4000mhz / i9-10900KF @ 5.3ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX / SSD Samsung EVO 970 / VIRPIL / MFG Crosswind / Pimax 5k+ 

-the blinking strobe lights remains still on at high cruise altitude, (i think they should be turned off above 10000 or 18000ft ?)

I assume that you can't really force the AI to turn off a specific light above a certain altitude.

Make sure WINZIP extract did not produce a "double-nested" folder ...

I.E., C:\...\CAM\CAM

Yep I made sure of that and rechecked after to be sure and nope not double nested. But thanks for suggestion.

Don't put in the "CAM_beta" folder. Use the folder inside named "Civil Aircraft Mod".

CAM_beta not in Mod\aircraft dir, only Civil Aircraft Mod and others that are to be expected. But thanks for suggestion.

Cannot understand DCS not seeing it. Looks real good regardless from all posts so nice work even if I can't enjoy it myself for whatever reason..haha. I will keep at it. Deleted and reinstalled it again, unchecked and rechecked in MM requiring game restart each time...still in ME, none of the planes list. Puzzlin.

EDIT: Was able to install in 1.5 with no issue. All workin fine there. Cannot understand why 2.1 doesn't see module in game still. If anyone reads this and has an idea, please offer your suggestion.

EDIT:I can confirm the mod is located in C:\Users\Torso\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Mods\aircraft\

And again it does show in the 2.1 games Module Manager, checked/activated.

In my C:\Users\Torso\Saved Games dir I have 2 DCS folders.

DCS.openalpha(This is 2.1's and where I put the mods for 2.1, none show in game)

DCS.openbeta(mods for 1.5 go here and ones here show in game)

So is this normal for users with both 1.5 and 2.1 installed? I assume it would be. But never know..lol.

Is there a mod path stored on a file somewhere I can check? It almost seems like the game is set to not even look in the expected dir. I cannot locate a file that contains the saved games dir path for mods to be located so far. Does one exist?

Again, thanks for the mod regardless of my own issues. Pretty awesome indeed at least in 1.5. but hoping to get it working in 2.1

Edited by Torso

Excellent Mod, thanks alot for your great work!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

have just played around and tested a few AI aircraft, everything works well , except a few minor details:

-the B757 has unusually very low approach speed on final (below 100kts and as low as 67kts at touch down)

-erratic banking angles and brutal high AoA's were observed when the aircraft passed waypoints with different assigned altitudes; (- i think that is due to DCS's ai aircraft logic.)

other than that, great job! waiting for Airbus A320 and other aircraft

Strobe lights stay on from when the plane enters the runway environment for takeoff to when it exits on landing. Landing lights (pulse or steady) usually go off at 18,000

SOURCE: am a professional pilot

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

Great job on this!! Thank you!! :thumbup:

* I've noticed some noticeable stuttering while 3-4 aircraft were trying to land, in the pattern, and were aborting approach and re-arranging for land again.

it took several tries for them to get in sequence and land, and many stutters happened then. maybe it's dcs thing... (DCS 1.5).

* After landing, taxing to parking, some airplanes, the big ones mainly, park the front gear out in the grass, and many times collide with other planes or structures in the base.

Also a question about the models - are there no animations for those models except landing gear? like spoilers/flaps i.e. that deploy at landing, and the rest of the flight controls? or is it W.I.P maybe?

Thanks again!!

Edited by ron533

Callsign   SETUP