Question about Devs

iVVChewy9141VVi

DCS does not have an open "free for all" approach like FSX did.

Developers who want to sell product, need to be licenced 3rd parties of ED, and ED in turn, should do some quality assurance. This leads to fewer, but overall better products.

Number of developers have grown in recent years though:

- ED themselves have multiple teams that can produce aircraft in a mostly parallel fashion, as well as core sim upgrades/fixes.

- Belsimtek delivers high quality products with a fairly good speed, and is considered a "partner", a notch above the other 3rd parties as far as their close relations with ED go.

And the 3rd part developers list is:

- Heatblur Simulations

- Leatherneck Simulations/Magnitude 3 LLC

- Razbam

- Polychop Simulations

- Miltech-5

- VEAO (although they have recently switched to another platform as their primary development target)

Some examples of upcoming community teams that may later apply for a 3rd party licence would be:

- Blackcat Simulations, who want to create a Tu-22M2 module (or was it Tu-22M3?)

- Deka Ironworks Simulations are working on a JF-17 Thunder, and are apparently also introducing a Chinese military asset pack into the sim for free, which may mean they are already in touch with ED.

- Archimede of hoggit-dev fame wants to create an A-1 Skyraider module and apply for 3rd party licence

- OctopusG are developing a Polikarpov I-16, which looks like quality module, it seems likely they will be a licenced 3rd party with its release.

So, yeah, number of developers may actually increase in the course of coming year(s).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

From my perspective, we're at a point where I really need to consider which aircraft to get and which not. Sure, it's fun grabbing a new plane and taking it for a ride. But am I going to invest dozens, or rather hundreds, of hours just to gain a basic proficiency? And then I'll need to stick with it or I'll forget all about how to fly and use it.

Right now there are 4 aircraft in the pipeline that I'm really interested in, and that's already too much. I'll probably get them all and finally settle on one or two of them while also sticking with the Hog.

I know some people just get each and every module, but from a dev point of view, they really need to make sure that there is actually a market, and that they'll get a big enough share.

So maybe that's also a factor.

And the 3rd part developers list is:

- Heatblur Simulations

- Leatherneck Simulations/Magnitude 3 LLC

- Razbam

- Polychop Simulations

- Miltech-5

- VEAO (although they have recently switched to another platform as their primary development target)

AvioDev as well which is working on the C-101 and the Mirage F1.