F-14B : OPERATION CAGE THE BEAR

kaba

i was playing mission 3, attack maykop.

my wingman refused to attack land targets.

and somehow i couldn't select a-g hud mode. actually i selected at first then i switched to a-a then i tried to switch to a-g again but i couldn't.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi,

How were you ordering your wingman to attack? He is supposed to hit the airfield when ordered to Engage Mission target, but wingman success is not mandatory to win the mission.

Never experienced the issue with AG mode- worth leaving Heatblur a bug report if it can be replicated?

When we get to the maykop i order him to engage ground targets or air defences. He says " negative" . Then some bandits come and my wingman engages them with my order

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Unfortunately, I believe any AI wingman issues would purely be a bug for ED. Heatblur just makes the module to fly. Any AI programming or behavior is made by ED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

For ag hud, try to put weapon selector on stick to off: otherwise ord does not appear.

thanks for the tip. that makes sense. i will try it

Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

I've completed the campaign now. Great work indeed, it was a real pleasure to fly. Thank you!

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Hi there!

First of all, thank you for taking the time to make this campaign. I can't wait to play it!

My last sentence, unfortunately, brings me to the bug I found: I'm using the 1.2 cold start version and, after last OB patch, the first mission is unplayable. When the mission starts, my wingman spawns on the carrier with spread wings, so his airplane collides with mine and both are damaged.

Is there a way to fix this?

Also while we talk about new bugs the receipt mission 4 the tarps aircraft crashes into the sea will try to speed up the ship today

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Thanks for all the messages guys

Also while we talk about new bugs the receipt mission 4 the tarps aircraft crashes into the sea will try to speed up the ship today

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Weird - must be an update change. Will have a look this week!

Hi there!

First of all, thank you for taking the time to make this campaign. I can't wait to play it!

My last sentence, unfortunately, brings me to the bug I found: I'm using the 1.2 cold start version and, after last OB patch, the first mission is unplayable. When the mission starts, my wingman spawns on the carrier with spread wings, so his airplane collides with mine and both are damaged.

Is there a way to fix this?

This is just on the cold start version? I'll take a look this week. If AI spawn with open wings, this is a DCS bug that I won't be able to fix I'm afraid. :(

After the update still crashes in the first mission with the choppers, if using radar

Think this comment relates to another campaign?

Thanks all again and please let me know of any other comments

This is just on the cold start version? I'll take a look this week. If AI spawn with open wings, this is a DCS bug that I won't be able to fix I'm afraid. :(

Hi Kaba, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it's a DCS bug (or Tomcat?), since I tried to play the MiG-28 furball mission and found out the same behaviour (minus the collision, but my wingman's wings were spread out and I couldn't taxy anyway).

I opened a thread in the "Bugs and problems" section, we'll see what happens.

Thanks again for your time!

Ok, sounds as if both issues with takeoffs are as a result of new bugs in the update.

I have updated the file on the user files section - please download and try:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305079/

M04 TARPS flight issue - I've made the TARPS flight spawn in the air after you take off. Hopefully this avoids the bug until Heatblur/Eagle can fix the core issue. Please let me know if similar problems exist on other missions?

Cold start issues - I am unable to address this due to the very limited number of carrier spawn points. We'll have to wait for Heatblur/Eagle to fix. Apologies that this affects the cold start version.

I stuck at Recon Duties, mission 4. Recon F14 get bugged in the Stenis takeoff. Some times get in the air and crash in the see, other get in the edge of carrier trying to takeoff.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

I stuck at Recon Duties, mission 4. Recon F14 get bugged in the Stenis takeoff. Some times get in the air and crash in the see, other get in the edge of carrier trying to takeoff.

acording to CL, this was fixed on 12/6. if you downloaded the campaign before that, just redownload :)

Good campaign, just completed it.

After the "cease fire" in the last mission, one of my buddies was still attacking something, maybe check that out?

Also on Mig was after me after that cease fire announcement but that didn't surprise me

I spent way too long cruising around after killing everything thinking can the TARPS aircraft hurry up their business, I'm about to hit bingo fuel. Cycled through F2 cameras and saw the stupid TARPS glitched out on his takeoff. I got something out of it and learnt I could comfortably sit at 2000lb/h fuel burn giving massive range. Thanks for V1.4 addressing the issue.

Heatblur F-14 Tomcat | DCS F/A-18C Hornet | DCS A-10C II Warthog | BelSimTek UH-1H

RTX 2080 Super, i7 8700K @ 4.9Ghz, 16gb 2400Mhz DDR4, Asus Z370F, Corsair H115i Pro

Good campaign, just completed it.

After the "cease fire" in the last mission, one of my buddies was still attacking something, maybe check that out?

Also on Mig was after me after that cease fire announcement but that didn't surprise me

Thanks for the feedback - I'll check what's going on with those trigger-happy AI. Cheeky of them to ignore the ceasefire.

I spent way too long cruising around after killing everything thinking can the TARPS aircraft hurry up their business, I'm about to hit bingo fuel. Cycled through F2 cameras and saw the stupid TARPS glitched out on his takeoff. I got something out of it and learnt I could comfortably sit at 2000lb/h fuel burn giving massive range. Thanks for V1.4 addressing the issue.

Yeah sorry about that - weird bug for AI Tomcats with the new update. Hope the rest of the campaign goes smoothly for you.