Joystick curves and the Tomcat...

Donut

I have the X55 too. After some testing, I found that -15 in pitch and roll works for me. Try that and see what it does for you.

I’m assuming your throttle levers only work as in slaved off one engine? On my X-55 throttle, I try to assign individual throttle lever to each engine. But in game all that happens is the left throttle controls both engines. It’s super annoying. Guess I have just lived with it.

I’m assuming your throttle levers only work as in slaved off one engine? On my X-55 throttle, I try to assign individual throttle lever to each engine. But in game all that happens is the left throttle controls both engines. It’s super annoying. Guess I have just lived with it.

Do you use additional software for your HOTAS? I cannot help with that.

As long as DCS recognize properly different axis for left/right throttle you can configure it. Show us your axis page bindings for F-14B pilot.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Do you use additional software for your HOTAS? I cannot help with that.

As long as DCS recognize properly different axis for left/right throttle you can configure it. Show us your axis page bindings for F-14B pilot.

only software is the drivers for the SaitekX55

I reinstalled drivers and plugged into a different USB. Both throttles were recognized, actually worked for about 5 minutes. Then it reverts to the left throttle controlling both engines. Without changing assignments.

I think Ill order a Warthog throttle and stick soon.

• 2 months later...
I have the TM Warthog on a 10cm extension, and TM TPR rudder pedals:

My baseline for any aircraft in DCS is dead zone of 1 (no joystick is built perfectly, not even the TM Warthog), 8 curvature for pitch and 12 for roll, and 0 for yaw. This works extremely well for both the F-18 and F-14, so I left them at that.

Sorry this is old thread.

I just purchased a TM TPR. What are you using for curve on this? Or does anybody else have any recommendation? I find the pedals overly sensative

I just purchased a TM TPR. What are you using for curve on this? Or does anybody else have any recommendation? I find the pedals overly sensative

Elysian Angel said "0 for yaw"- means no curve on TPR. If this doesn't work for you adjust it until it does :)

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Anybody with a 20cm Warthog extension have a good curve/deadzone setup? Right now I have both at zero, and it feels good with wings spread, but with wings tucked it's like flying with a hair trigger. Adding a deadzone of 1-2 gives too much dead space around center.

EDIT: Nevermind I'm a retard. I was messing with the curves on some mysterious duplicated joystick axis under a blank column in my controls settings. My Warthog had -20 curves...with a 20cm extension lmao. Reset those to zero and it handles like a dream.

Edited by Nealius