Graphic Settings Performance Recommendations

Lipfert

Kameraden,

I am looking for suggestions related to Graphic Settings for my system, my signature has the details. I have not flown the simulation for awhile now and am just getting back into it.

Out of the box, I selected the High Preset and would like to entertain discussions on tweaks. I am using the latest Nvidia drivers and also have Nvidia Inspector installed.

Did a quick search on the forums and found information for older versions of the game (Legacy).

Right now I am running the v1.53 Beta. Thanks in advance.

S!

Lipfert_FS_tiny_zpsnazun7vs.png

Edited by Lipfert

I personally have found setting my graphics options in the game GUI to give me the best results overall. I set my Nvidia settings mostly to application controlled. Be sure and set power to " maximum performance" and not "adaptive" in the Nvidia control panel.

You should be able to run with detail fairly high. Turn flat shadows on, and make sure depth of field is off. Cockpit displays to 512 ( anything higher is a performance hog). Shadows you should be able to set to high.

Terrain Preload radius - I would put the slider app 2/3rd to the right, should be good starting point.

Don't know what monitor and resolution you are running, I am running 1920x1080 and have MSAA set to 4, looks pretty good.

Hope this helps ,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

dburne,

Thanks for the reply, my monitor is 1920x1080 @ 144Hz. I'll start tweaking and see what I get, thanks again.

You are most welcome I hope it helps, let us know how you make out.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I'd say You can turn HDR on, it shouldn't cause noticeable difference in performance. Cranking up preload radius, on the other hand, is a resource hog on my 3GB GTX780. Might not be the case yet for Your 4GB card, at least when flying solo, but that's the setting I would keep an eye one when flying more complicated missions.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.