Graphics card.

Here are my specs :

- Intel Core i5 760 2.80 GHz 8MB Cache Quad Core.

-Geil Enhance CORSA 8GB (2 X 4GB) RAM

-Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H Motherboard

-1 TB SATA HDD

-ASUS GTS450 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

- OCZ Mod X Stream Pro 600W Modular Power Supply

So far I was very happy with what I have. Although I'm no longer happy with the

graphics card. I'm mostly playing DCS series.

With very low graphic setting I'm getting a smooth experience although

it's really not enough. I want to get the best fps that I can for how much I want to spend. Could you please suggest me a good

gaming graphics card ?

I am willing to spend no more than 230 pounds = 355 US Dollars. Please

help me out.

'Fear the strike'

You cant go wrong with an AMD (Powercolor) HD 7970. or if you can't float that. Look at the 7950..

I just replaced my 5970 with the 7970 and DCS performs very well. I run everything on high with good frames and smooth

If you want to stay with nVidia...I can't help you...

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Checked scan.co.uk and overclockers.co.uk and it looks like (with VAT) on the nvidia front you could go for a 660ti 2GB - "02G-P4-3660-KR" or an AMD 7950 3GB "FX-795A-TDJC."

At that price point I recommend the AMD solution, unless you could find something like a 670 on ebay for the same amount.

Crosshair VI Hero | Ryzen 3900X @ 3.9 Ghz | eVGA GTX 1070 Ti

32 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz | MS Force Feedback 2 | TIR 5

ASUS VG248QE

^ What bumfire said. Since the new series cards are about to come out, I would hold off to see what kinds of improvements those bring. Although if you need something right meow, I would recommend an EVGA 670 ($390, but it DOES come with Metro: Last Light for free). They are pretty solid cards. Although, at this price, you will see a pretty much equal amount of performance per price with AMD cards as well. Something like the 7950 (7970 is way out of price point) would work fine.

Though, I still maintain that Nvidia cards are a more solid investment, even in the lower price tiers, simply because of EVGA's customer support, and Nvidia's superior driver experience. You also end up saving money each month on the power bill. I tend to think of that as justification alone, because leaving a computer on adds up quickly, and AMD cards are POWER HOGS.

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

new series is 600 series re-badged. except for the 780, which uses the GK110 chip

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

760 ti would be a great solution here, I'm just highly doubtful it will retail for 230 pounds or less after VAT and in general higher prices than what's seen in the US.

The 760 ti is a rebranded 670 that's launching at computex taipei (4 June) so my recommendation to attempt to find a 670 (like these) on ebay in the coming weeks still stands.

Crosshair VI Hero | Ryzen 3900X @ 3.9 Ghz | eVGA GTX 1070 Ti

32 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz | MS Force Feedback 2 | TIR 5

ASUS VG248QE

That i5 is mainly the reason you are having low frame rates. Even if you buy a new GPU, which by the way is going to need more power from that 600W PSU you are still not going to see more than 5-10 fps rise.

My 2 cents.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

That i5 is mainly the reason you are having low frame rates. Even if you buy a new GPU, which by the way is going to need more power from that 600W PSU you are still not going to see more than 5-10 fps rise.

My 2 cents.

600W PSU is fine for most builds.

My 2 cents.

Not true . No offense intended

I just replaced my ATI 5770 with an EVGA. GTX 660 OC edition and doubled my DCS frame rates and detail. 30 FPS to 60 FPS

This was after OC ing my i5-750 from 2.67 to 3.7 GHZ and upgrading my RAM from 4GB to 12GB. These two things did not appreciably increase my frame rate.

The thing that made the most dramatic difference was replacing the video card. I spent approx $200 US on this card and it's like a new sim to me.

Also with these upgrades my 650 W power supply does just fine running Prime Stress and Video Stress tests.

I suppose for people with High end Vid cards a More powerful card doesn't make much difference but in my case with a lower end vid card switching to the Higher end video card made all the difference in the world.

Edited by Slap_Chop

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Next gen in this price range is not expected to have much of a performance difference. But the present card prices should drop...great if you can still find them

As far as PS goes, the 7970 min is 500w, I am running mine on a 550w PS just fine

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

600w would be fine for most mid-range builds.

the i5 can drive a mid-range GPU with no problems, a slight overclock wouldnt hurt.

660 ti would be a decent increase over a 450 GTS

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Im not too sure how to do stability checks after overclocking it, dont want to destroy my pc :)

A combination of Prime 95, memtest, and some generic system benchmarks Ala PCMark.

Your computer WILL heat up more than usual though, but with adequate cooling, it is not often a serious issue unless you are doing some insane overclocking.

Edited by Pyroflash