Dedicated Server GUI doesn't work

MKLele

Same here on 3 servers on one machine

They are running with the -w argument

DCS open beta 2.5.5.31917

Windows Server 2019

Firewall rules are good - disabled it for testing but no effect

Each server has the config/autoexec.cfg in place with webgui ports webgui_port = 8088

webgui_port = 8089

webgui_port = 8090

It was working brilliantly until the latest open beta patch.

Could anyone else confirm if you are running -w instances or does this appear on a normal dedicated single instance as well?

@Staff

What logs could we provide to troubleshoot this issue better.

Best regards

• ED Team

Can't reproduce, please give more details

DServer.thumb.jpg.92c154f58dcfbf8af7396a39933c6d56.jpg

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Can't reproduce, please give more details

Would gladly provide any details you need. The golden question is: What kind of details do you need?

Any logs specifically that come to your mind that would help? I will pull and upload them.

Will leave the servers running til wednesday - after that I will need to re-install them because they are currently unusable for running custom missions.

Best regards

• ED Team
Server turning on from the batch file shown on the screenshot.

[ATTACH]211702[/ATTACH]

Remove --web-gui, this key can't be used with --server and --norender

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

It's incredible that of all the fantastic minds that abound in and around Eagle Dynamics, that there isn't one that can fix what can only be a case of dotting an I or crossing a T somewhere.

It's not a case of only one or two server providers encountering this, there are loads of us, all with the identical problem.

This has dragged on too long.

I'll get me coat.

The new problems with the server are not only on the GUI

During the weekend, when the GUI was bugged I thought it was time for my old computer(server) to be reinstalled, so I formated, reinstalled Windows and then DCS World dedicated server open beta (from here : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/server_beta/ ) and now I can't even start the server with command lines. I can start it, but it's like "froozen", nothing else appear

I hope this new observation will help

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

The new problems with the server are not only on the GUI

During the weekend, when the GUI was bugged I thought it was time for my old computer(server) to be reinstalled, so I formated, reinstalled Windows and then DCS World dedicated server open beta (from here : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/server_beta/ ) and now I can't even start the server with command lines. I can start it, but it's like "froozen", nothing else appear

I hope this new observation will help

Make sure there is a mission in the serversettings.lua.

• ED Team

G.K. Chesterton

Thanks for the help pointing to the template on how to report DCS client bugs.

• Screenshots and logs have already been provided.
  • This is the correct forum section
  • One bug per thread means this thread had to be used
  • I asked if there are any special logs aside that would be helpful since we're talking about the dedicated server here but from your response I assume you don't need anything else than the dcs.log

To comply with formalities here's the template:

1. What happened that resulted in the issue?
    I updated the dedicated server using the ED updater.

2. What were you doing that caused, or seemed to cause the issue?
    I updated the dedicated server using the ED updater.

3. Could you reproduce it? Bugs should be reproducible, you should be able to have it happen to you again before reporting it.
    Avoided installing the most recent release to provide a better insight to the current situation. Since it's not a known issue I expect that installing clean again will not produce the behavior.

4. What module where are you using, and does it happen with others?
    none

Also the "Also, must include" list (the list in the template should be continued from # 4 if it's required):

1. A Track: We would prefer a short one that shows the bug right away, if your track is very long, try to reproduce a short one showing the bug
    webUI bug preventing from loading a mission
  2. A screenshot: In some cases, a screenshot is enough, most times the devs prefer a track so they can watch and jump in or run on their debug version though
    screenshots were provided, track not available
  3. System specs: dxdiag file is perfect for this see here for steps to do so
    webui bug for a dedicated server but attached because this is required
  4. DCS World logs: Logs can be found in the DCS folder in Saved Games in a folder called Logs. Please zip these and attach to your report post. DCS World also will collect and pack the needed files when the game crashes, you can send this, and it will include everything we need.
    attached

Since no progress was made I'll do a clean install to get it working again. Thanks for the help so far.

dcs.zip

DxDiag.txt

Best regards

Thank you Madfish!

You basically gave the response to this thread that I wanted to give but was too lazy :P

Could you please tell me if a clean install worked out for you?

Sadly no.

• Uninstalled DCS Openbeta server
  • Wiped saved games
  • Downloaded the newest DCS Openbeta server installer and used that to install
  • Started it, providing the credentials
  • Local Web GUI doesn't recognize the server at all
  • ED Web GUI does, clicking on it brings you to "Server not responding"
  • Copying an old running backup of the saved games profile over it (with mission and all) runs the server, ED Web GUI picks it up (name, slots etc.) but clicking on it brings you to "Server not responding. The local Web GUI again doesn't recognize the server.

Best regards

• ED Team
I think that was a 'Bugger off and leave me alone' :(
Many, many thanks for your personal opinion.

For people who want to really solve issue:

'Local web-GUI doesn't work' = 1 bit (one bit!) information, isn't it?

So, for reproducing and repair we have to know details. FAQ says which basic details we need, additional information can be asked in separate threads.

Which browser do you use?

G.K. Chesterton