Old 06-14-2017, 08:53 AM   #271
rogonaut

maybe its not polished enough and thanks for the update
Old 06-14-2017, 09:06 AM   #272
///Rage
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olgerd View Post
We definitely would like to do this, but plans here are still vague.
Any idea at all? Please give us something man!

www.51bisons.com

51st TS 96.43.128.170
Old 06-14-2017, 09:48 AM   #273
EagleEye
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olgerd View Post
Well, F/A-18C is going to have 'a full pack' of complex features needed for other modern jets - AG radar, JHMCS, Link 4/16, HUD repeater, automatic landing, AA radar + long range missiles, 3 displays in the cockpit (one with different rendering method), 2 mission computers, Digital FCS, supersonic flight, arrested landings, HARM, Walleye, JDAM/JSOW, etc... So, yes new compex products will be done faster after F/A-18C.
Thank you Olgerd for stopping by. It´s always interesting to hear from the devs.

Modul-Timeline
Spoiler:

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|PALIT GTX970|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals
Old 06-14-2017, 11:21 AM   #274
OnlyforDCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirscorpion View Post
Why though? It does not make any seance not to capitalize of the raised interest by E3. You guys do know that the majority of E3 consumers are online, you can easily get 100k views on an online vid during this time period Vs what 1000 ppl visiting the booth?
It might not be up to them. It's thrustmaster's booth, so their marketing "gurus" make the final call. The quotation marks are there on purpose.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:28 AM   #275
sirscorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
It might not be up to them. It's thrustmaster's booth, so their marketing "gurus" make the final call. The quotation marks are there on purpose.
Last I heard YouTube and Twitch are free platforms. DCS F/A18c is possibly the best VR game on the market, from both a looks, fidelity and functionality, and ED could have easily capitalized on that with a good trailer when YouTube is promoting E3 for the last 5 days.

This to me is possibly one of the greatest missed opportunities for mass market appeal instead of ht old school booth.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:44 AM   #276
Glowing_Amraam
ED Team

Quote:
....and ED could have easily capitalized on that with a good trailer..
Well, maybe not related to E3, but the Hornet will not go unnoticed for the lack of videos/trailers in the near future

http://www.youtube.com/user/GlowingAmraam My youtube channel
https://www.facebook.com/glowingamraam My facebook page
Old 06-14-2017, 11:48 AM   #277
MikeMikeJuliet

Quote:
Last I heard YouTube and Twitch are free platforms. DCS F/A18c is possibly the best VR game on the market, from both a looks, fidelity and functionality, and ED could have easily capitalized on that with a good trailer when YouTube is promoting E3 for the last 5 days.

This to me is possibly one of the greatest missed opportunities for mass market appeal instead of ht old school booth.
Then again, which of the options provide more effective marketing? Now we have actual players who had the opportunity to try the module and tell us how it is. If we were presented with only a video we could not get such info as "how does it feel to control"... and as we can see everyone here is thirsty for more regardless of not being able to try it ourselves.

To put it a bit exaggerated: now we know it is real, since some actually got to play with it.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:53 AM   #278
MikeMikeJuliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowing_Amraam View Post
Well, maybe not related to E3, but the Hornet will not go unnoticed for the lack of videos/trailers in the near future
My Spidy-senses are telling me you might have something to do with said videos...
Old 06-14-2017, 11:54 AM   #279
TomCatMucDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowing_Amraam View Post
Bring them on Mr. F18C Video Producer

--Finest Soviet Mig-21 Pilots --

Old 06-14-2017, 12:09 PM   #280
Pikey
Veteran

Good to see Olgerd stopping by to say hi in these threads, it goes a long way to reach out to the English speaking side of the community with dev tidbits, thankyou mate.
Looks like things are closer but not very close though. I'm interested to see how the current lineup of WIP from all parties are set to collide.
-F-18C (ED + Partners)
-F-14A (Heatblur)
-AV-8B (Razbam)
-CH53 Sea Stallion (Razbam)
- High def carrier (ED)
- Additional carrier and ship group (Razbam)
- Straits of Hormuz (ED)
- DCS 2.1 - 2.5 new water, depth and waves

Life jackets anyone? Deck is full...