DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

I think this is caused by the microphone boost...? Its not fixed in this but its more obvious what the slider does so hopefully it wont be so bad

It seems that a lot of people are putting the microphone gain slider all the way to the max which causes overload and crackling. I am not sure if anything can be done about it, but perhaps a better default than 0?

Alternatively, is it possible to detect the overload and have some gain limiter? Or even maybe automatic gain and no slider?

It seems that a lot of people are putting the microphone gain slider all the way to the max which causes overload and crackling. I am not sure if anything can be done about it, but perhaps a better default than 0?

Alternatively, is it possible to detect the overload and have some gain limiter? Or even maybe automatic gain and no slider?

Honestly after installing, first thing I did I also pulled it higher without knowing the effect, just "because it was there", and didn’t press the audio preview either to hear it, so maybe it should be somewhere emphasized, that pulling the slider is not necessary by default. Maybe a little red „mic overload” button lighting up (even when audio preview unpressed), to have a visual warning even if not previewing, but I think slider should stay, auto gain is not the way to go. My 2 cents only…

The new update has the boost amount in % below the slider so now you see 500% boost all the way to the right. Hopefully you'll think that's odd and drag it down a bit if it overloads or preview it now. :)

I'll make the text go red as well once you're over 300% for the next release.

If you hear others maxing out, just let them know as you can change the setting while connected.

I'd rather not implement AGC as to be honest I'm not sure how well it will work unless I spend a long timr on it. I'd rather get the gci panel out.

However, it's open source so please of you can contribute, do :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hey buddy can we get an Audio boost also? As in we can boost the volume beyond what the ingame radios will adjust. Maybe im death from to much real world bangs and bombs but i have In game master volume adjusted down to 60 percent and then the radios maxed out. Struggle to hear what fellas are saying.

Maybe i did something wrong? But im inclined to say im just deaf.

Thanks for great Radio!

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Hey buddy can we get an Audio boost also? As in we can boost the volume beyond what the ingame radios will adjust. Maybe im death from to much real world bangs and bombs but i have In game master volume adjusted down to 60 percent and then the radios maxed out. Struggle to hear what fellas are saying.

Thanks for great Radio!

Well not that it helps you, but I have my DCS overall volume setting down to about 30% to hear others on TeamSpeak clearly (TS volume slider left on default medium position, 0 dB). What do you mean by "radios maxed out"? And probably you are not "death", as you wrote, are you? :lol:

Latest standalone software installed direct from Github.

SR Client log shows a connection to our squad server with updates.

On Multi server (my client 1.5.4.54855.129) in the Huey with all radios on, PTT mapped, the overlay shows no lights, no control nothing, dead, no matter what...

Firewall exceptions correct but even with AV and Adv Firewall off, same result. (W10)

What am I missing, anyone any ideas?

SIGBLOCK.png

Thanks for great Radio!

I was meant to add that in this release but didnt get time, sorry.

Can you try using the windows Volume mixer? Its how I sort out DCS Volume against TS and SimpleRadio as you can independently control volumes. See attached screenshot.

Latest standalone software installed direct from Github.

SR Client log shows a connection to our squad server with updates.

On Multi server (my client 1.5.4.54855.129) in the Huey with all radios on, PTT mapped, the overlay shows no lights, no control nothing, dead, no matter what...

Firewall exceptions correct but even with AV and Adv Firewall off, same result. (W10)

What am I missing, anyone any ideas?

I'd always check the export.lua as thats the most likely source of problems. Can you post it here?

Also double check that the two lua files DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.luan and DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua are in the Save Games\DCS\Scripts folder along with the export.lua

Export.lua should be at most a few lines, see the manual installation instructions for the one line that should be there :)

987226842_VolumeMixer.JPG.a80b060e57e31038c8f62277e8afabb0.JPG

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I'd always check the export.lua as thats the most likely source of problems. Can you post it here?

Thanks for coming back so quickly CB... here you go...

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

Also double check that the two lua files DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.luan and DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua are in the Save Games\DCS\Scripts folder along with the export.lua

Yes, checked that area first.... all is good... I'll try it without the Simshaker prelude...

SIGBLOCK.png

My bad meant deaf, i basically have 3 sound cards motherboard one for buttkicker software, creative one for game sound and then Astro A40 via optical that is the primary input output for the comms.

Ya if that is added on the next update it will be great

What i meant by maxed out radios was the actual volume knob in the pit in game.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Thanks for coming back so quickly CB... here you go...

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

Yes, checked that area first.... all is good... I'll try it without the Simshaker prelude...

Someone above reported it working with simshaker so I don't think it'll be that unless he had a different version. Worth trying to remove it though!

Does it work if you start the SR radio server locally, and then connect on the client with 127.0.0.1? Just jump in fc3 aircraft for ease.

What windows, firewall and are you using?

Sorry you're having trouble.

• Like 1

Thanks CB..

Someone above reported it working with simshaker so I don't think it'll be that unless he had a different version. Worth trying to remove it though!

I disabled it, no difference.. Yes there are quite a few on the 299 using simshaker with SR no issues...

Does it work if you start the SR radio server locally, and then connect on the client with 127.0.0.1? Just jump in fc3 aircraft for ease.

Unfortunately same result with Multiplayer or SP DCS, Admin screen shows client connection fine but the overlay is still dead... hmmmmm

What windows, firewall and are you using?

Avast AV and W10 firewall - disabled both at first problems, same result.

OS W10 Home (10.0.10586)

i7-6700 OC... 16GB RAM..

SIGBLOCK.png

@Gizzy.

Try this:

launch server

Launch client

launch overlay

Launch DCS

Quick mission TF-51D: Take off. If the LUA works you will see the radio 1 labeled SCR-522.

If not, please attach the logs:

User\Savedgames\dcs\logs\dcs.log

Maybe in the log there will be some clue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you try with this Export.lua?

It only has the line for the simpleradio.

Thanks for your response Sir, but as I said in post 239 I disabled SimShaker to no avail...:(

--local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

--dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

AND for good measure I disabled all MODS, & AV & FW, run DCS repair, ran everything as Admin and tried again, clean - same result - the overlay is still non-reactive.

Bit of a head scratcher this is.... Aries & UR & TS & Helios & Ikarus & Simshaker all interact if asked - NO, none were running nor enaged for this, :)

DCS log is clean.... so too is SR log...

SIGBLOCK.png

Thanks for your response Sir, but as I said in post 239 I disabled SimShaker to no avail...:(

--local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

--dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

AND for good measure I disabled all MODS, & AV & FW, run DCS repair, ran everything as Admin and tried again, clean - same result - the overlay is still non-reactive.

Bit of a head scratcher this is.... Aries & UR & TS & Helios & Ikarus & Simshaker all interact if asked - NO, none were running nor enaged for this, :)

DCS log is clean.... so too is SR log...

I will try to do a special build for you tonight with more logging and a different way of exporting data from DCS.

I saw something similar once with my old TS plugin where for some reason DCS could not send multicast UDP packets.

Hopefully that'll solve it

Sorry, I didn't see the post when I was writing.

Try to add -- to all the lines in the export.lua except for the line referred to simple radio. Even with the others apps not running, it can be a chance to have problems with the Lua.

DCS.log clean? This is strange. I think that you mean "DCS-simple radio log"

Edit: nevermind.

Cheers CB, it is appreciated..... sri for the hassle :(

Hay Gizzy,

on your attached screenshot above I see you are running SR Server? I might be wrong but I never ran it ever while using SR. Or you wanted to test it too in some way? Just a bit confused...:helpsmilie:

Hi Razor... thanks for coming in..

The probs are present with my client connecting to 229th or Buddyspike SR DCS servers...

The pic was in response to

...which gave the same result...

SIGBLOCK.png

Radio fix in logitech G948 joystic.

Hi

I have a logitech G948 joystic, I want to establish a radio station in my hotas.

I using ht with 8 directions.

I can not fix.

There is a solution?

:(Lavi.

Ciribob maybe you can add version number in the .zip download folder name (for easier identification on our own PCs ;) )

And do I have to start the program everytime BEFORE I launch or will it automatically launch with DCS everytime now?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence