Crazy designator driving me crazy

Hi all,

Anyone one found a work around for the crazy target designator on the Su25T? It moves so quickly I can't do "pinpoint" attacks.

I could not find any solution browsing the forums.

Don't say to me that the solution is to target pointing the nose of the aircraft,

the solution is far form satisfying.

Don't say to me I have to buy Hardware superjoysticks. I am not american and those toys are very expensive for me.

In the case no workaround is possible, I think most of game editors would have released a patch for those kind of identified and higly functional problems

Sometimes I fly the designator onto the target.

Once I get the column on screen I use very smooth rudder inputs to place the designator over the vehicle I want to lock up. You can also engage Alt hold for this to help you maintain a smooth approach which will allow you to consentrate on the target more.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

If you don't use mouse for panning, you can assign it to move your target designator.

If you have Saitek or other joystick with programmed keys, you can define macros in which you press and release rapidly buttons assigned to moving the designator. Depending of the frequency of pushing/releasing, you'll get different speed of TD.

If you don't have Saitek or other such joystick, you can try joy2key: http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

41280127bs6.jpg

One picture counts as thousand of words. Or something like this :)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Apart from stabilizing you can also change the target size.

If I remember correctly, you should set it to 10 for tanks etc, but 5 is better for AAA and generally smaller targets.

I tried assigning the designator to the mouse once, but I generally get low FPS so when things where happening it refused to move, which is why I switched back to keys.

God forgives... Spyros doesn't.

I think you will see that the speed varies with the level of zoom. I find that if you 1) stabilize it then 2) input repetitive & short "pulses" it is quite controllable. If you hold it- it will speed up quickly after about 2 seconds. It's slower when zoomed out because you are covering a much wider area.

Another thing is that I prefer not to zoom in all the way and leave it. Use the wide view to make your initial search. Once I note a ground target (black speck) I will get my reticle on and zoom in to get my box on, adjust, and to attain a lock faster. Once I'm satisfied- zoom back out a bit so that you have a better shot at seeing your next target. Then you can line up and engage multiples more quickly & efficiently. I can often make 3 Vikhr kills on one run if they are anywhere near each other.

If they are REALLY close you might get 4, but this is tough. Often it means flying slower & overriding the launch authorization. Fire your first salvo early, and firing your subseqent missiles in an overlapping fashion (adjust target in mid-flight).