Target Acquisition?

Ragnar65

Hi guys,

coming from the F-5E, i´m used to select a target on the radar `via slewing the TDC on it and then pressing the TgtAcq-button. For the Hornet i can´t find any button for that... Neither on the stick nor the TQS. How do i select my target in the Hornet?

Rgds

Stefan

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

We don’t have the Hornet yet....

What? I flew it last night! Just before I woke up.

Seriously, flying the Hornet vs the A-10c is going to take a lot of cross training. The TDC change won't be that hard but muscle memory is going to fight me!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Yupp, under index finger:

Makes me wonder if TM will be releasing a stick and throttle for us?

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

i think he is asking for the target acquire button, the functionality which should be found on the sensor control switch (stick castle up)

Nope. Castle up switches to ACM Mode in A-A or gives TDC priority to HUD in A-G Mode . Pressing TDC does that.

Edited by Poko24

i think he is asking for the target acquire/designation button, the functionality which should be found on the sensor control switch (stick castle up)

Yup, you´re right... I know the TDC-Ministick on the TQS, but wonder how to lock the target when slewed the TDC over it...

Will the Castle-Hat up be the target acquisition? Can´t find the functions of the sensor control switch...

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Nope. Castle up switches to A-A Auto Acquisition Mode. Pressing TDC does that.

Oh, does it? Then it´s the correct functionality on the TM TWCS, right?

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Yup, you´re right... I know the TDC-Ministick on the TQS, but wonder how to lock the target when slewed the TDC over it...

Will the Castle-Hat up be the target acquisition? Can´t find the functions of the sensor control switch...

You press the TDC to lock, as previously stated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

What? I flew it last night! Just before I woke up.

Seriously, flying the Hornet vs the A-10c is going to take a lot of cross training. The TDC change won't be that hard but muscle memory is going to fight me!

How are yall flying the hornet if it isn't even out yet? Is there a beta testers program going on?:huh:

How are yall flying the hornet if it isn't even out yet? Is there a beta testers program going on?:huh:

That's what I wanna know! It is in beta that much is for sure. I tried to get them to let me take part due to my upcoming deployment that will more than likely be before the EA release but that got shut down faster then a slick Hornet with the throttles firewalled!