Ok I Pulled The sidewinder trigger and Pre-Ordered Bring on DCS FA-18

charlesnett

i had shot down an f-15c with huey. this doesn't make it fighter :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

he who turns, burns

attachment.php?attachmentid=179707&stc=1&d=1519362497

harriers are more or less free kills in a visual fight, especially against the f-86. against the mig-15 it's got one thing it can do but nobody ever does it.

however its true that you can kill anything with anything as long as you manage to find the right set of conditions.

Force the Mig15's control surfaces to to Stiffen and loose control in a high speed dive. ( assuming they follow)

Yea Ive done that in the harrier And caused one to crash.:D

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

So I have been playing DCS for a few years now and own a bunch of modules and FC3. I haven't played the game except maybe once or twice in the last year so i am super rusty (Not to mention i was always better with heli's back then anyway). I am definitely going to be hard to pull away from DCS when FA-18 is released.

I had a question for any of the veterans who have taken an extended leave from DCS and then came back to it like I am now. How would you suggest i jump back into the game to get the jitters back out so i am ready day 1 for the f-18? Do you think its best to play solo or multiplayer? Do you think i should start back by re-acquainting myself with the A-10 first since the F-18 will have some similar ground ordinance and targeting system capabilities? Or would i be better off concentrating on FC3 aircraft since they are much simpler, although much less capable for the ground game.

Once the F-18 drops i will mainly fly it in ground attack roles so what strategy would you guys suggest for me to get my feet back wet with DCS to prepare for the F-18.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Hey Charles how are your landings? I was playing Falcon 4.0 all the time until I discovered Battlefield 2,3 and 4. when I finally got sick of all the hacking I got back into DCS and my landings were TERRIBLE. Still are actually. The F-16 is sooo easy to land compared to heavier twin engine fighters but I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things.

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

• 2 weeks later...

Trigger down, snap.

Good kill.

He he he.

Can't. Freaking. Wait.

'Gimp

Edited by AcroGimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

akula

Hey Charles how are your landings? I was playing Falcon 4.0 all the time until I discovered Battlefield 2,3 and 4. when I finally got sick of all the hacking I got back into DCS and my landings were TERRIBLE. Still are actually. The F-16 is sooo easy to land compared to heavier twin engine fighters but I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things.

my landings are decent. brought an a10 home once with 1 engine and 1.5 wings and no hydraulics once long ago. but everything is rusty after coming back so i am practicing that skill too.

thanks everyone for the suggestions. last few days i have been practicing with ground missions in the a10. tonight i think i will try air refeuling my mirage since its speed will be more comparable to the f18.

Edited by charlesnett
forgot quote

Charlesnett Callsign - "Fisherman"

I finally caved

I told myself I would only buy one carrier based fighter for full price in 2018 and that damn Tomcat is just going to take too long

I've joined the hornet club!

i bet when the f14 releases we both will break down and buy it too. me out of nostalgia more than anything :)

Charlesnett Callsign - "Fisherman"

Yeap , me too , I was looking for Tomcat but I dont think they will release it this summer so....1-0 for Hornet for me too.

true, i dont understand why most developer always talk about unrealistic release dates...