Me109 updates in latest patch.

bart

I see the 109 has gained a long awaited pilot model in the latest update (24-6-16) nice touch there ED, thanks :thumbup: It's been a while since the 109 has had a little attention.

Anyone else notice any other changes on the 109? as it wasn't mentioned at all in the change log.

Edited by bart
  • Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

It has training missions now.

And I guess the flight model has changed a little, within the last few updates. Dont know which update. The flight model seems to be a litte more instable.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Radiators can (unconfirmed) get damaged and start leaking. Was taking bullets and noticed a white trail coming out of my right radiator. Pulled the shutoff handle for that radiator and it went away. Anybody else experienced this?

Radiators can (unconfirmed) get damaged and start leaking. Was taking bullets and noticed a white trail coming out of my right radiator. Pulled the shutoff handle for that radiator and it went away. Anybody else experienced this?

Or the enemy behind you hit you more, and the white stream disapeared.

I fly P-51D, but when I shoot at a 109, it gets hit, starts streaming white and then I hit it more, it stops streaming and then I hit it more and it starts to smoke black.

But I would LOOOOOVE if what you said was true. I don't have the beta... so... yeah. Mybe something new is in the works.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I fly P-51D, but when I shoot at a 109, it gets hit, starts streaming white and then I hit it more, it stops streaming and then I hit it more and it starts to smoke black.

But I would LOOOOOVE if what you said was true. I don't have the beta... so... yeah. Mybe something new is in the works.

I'm 90% sure this is the case. I don't believe ED has a working leak system in game yet. At least not one that I'm aware of.

Yeah I know what your talking about. I (basically 100%) can confirm what happened to me but in trying to recreate the event I noticed what your talking about as well. Except it wasn't visible from my behalf it was visible from the shooter perspective though. (IE) The P-51 pilot saw me streaming white smoke but I couldn't see it therefore i'm pretty sure it was effecting me the same way P-51s can plume smoke and etc. and fly normally (Players).

I'm 90% sure this is the case. I don't believe ED has a working leak system in game yet. At least not one that I'm aware of.

Well I assume their may be something to it as I told the P-51 to stop shooting and then I pulled the radiator shutoff and it stopped leaking. So there may be something to it... IDK.

• ED Team
It has training missions now.

And I guess the flight model has changed a little, within the last few updates. Dont know which update. The flight model seems to be a litte more instable.

A part of upcoming official release that I mentioned before.

I like the take-off tutorial mission. The technique it suggested is a bit different and less crash-prone than the one I was using up to that point :D. Haven't checked the remaining ones yet.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I like the take-off tutorial mission. The technique it suggested is a bit different and less crash-prone than the one I was using up to that point :D. Haven't checked the remaining ones yet.

Thx for pointing that out... I wasn't even aware there were tutorial missions for the 109... Will check it :-)

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I've noticed some different feel when flying the 109 after the latest patch.

As before, it appears plausible to me. Maybe a bit easier to control on takeoff.

Pre-stall buffet has been considerably tuned down too, which is OK since the 109 pilots report almost no "shaking" near stall.

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Now .. We must perform a flight test, for confirmation if it is only a change of numbers, or a true CoG change, with rear tank empty.
It's exactly the opposite, that means the Mission Editor bug where weight change wasn't shown but mass changes in FM were already working.

Anyway if you read,

A part of upcoming official release that I mentioned before.
There are more changes due to module official release and going out of Beta, so you can feel it a bit different as people already mentioned.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• ED Team
Now .. We must perform a flight test, for confirmation if it is only a change of numbers, or a true CoG change, with rear tank empty.

It was stated numerous time that it only concerns ME figures, not simulation.

I think you can establish proper ME numbers testing...

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team
It was stated numerous time that it only concerns ME figures, not simulation.

I think you can establish proper ME numbers testing...

We tried helping him understand this 3 months ago ;)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2726805&postcount=49

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I think your right, I did some more testing and I'm sure that there is no "leaking" of fluids. Maybe there is a damage model for radiator (like I experienced earlier) maybe not since the event wasn't recreate-able but I know white smoke from the radiators does happen. Normally this occurs from an overheat of the engine and not from damage. But from watching others (and doing) I can't see the supposedly leaking radiators having an impact on the aircraft's engine. We flew a 109 more then 40+ miles home at 2,000-6,000ft which would have been more than enough time for the fluids to leak out.

I only fly the NTTR map.

The assumption is the changes people are reporting here with the 109 are NOT applicable for those with NTTR, yet? I think the FM feels great right now in NTTR though I can see that the reported changes from 1.5 would bring 2.X it that much more in line with reality.

What about cold and dark not working when starting a mission and the inability for tracks to play back properly? Are these 2 issues fixed now in 1.5?

Edited by Cavemanhead

I only fly the NTTR map.

The assumption is the changes people are reporting here with the 109 are NOT applicable for those with NTTR, yet? I think the FM feels great right now in NTTR though I can see that the reported changes from 1.5 would bring 2.X it that much more in line with reality.

What about cold and dark not working when starting a mission and the inability for tracks to play back properly? Are these 2 issues fixed now in 1.5?

The updates are only on the 1.5.4 Beta release at the moment, but hopefully it will be moved to the release version this week with luck.

I don't think the NTTR has seen any updates since the Gazelle released weeks ago, so none of the other modules would have been updated since then either and a lot has happened since the Gazelle released!. I love the detail on the NTTR map but I haven't flown on it for a while now because of the lack of updates it has received. Hopefully when 2.5 surfaces and we have both maps on one single install the updates will be better and easier to organise for ED.

As for your other questions, I'm not sure about the cold and dark issue but I did read on the forums somewhere that tracks play back now works in 1.5.4 (sorry I cant remember the thread or post now otherwise I would link it for you).

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I like the take-off tutorial mission. The technique it suggested is a bit different and less crash-prone than the one I was using up to that point

Same here. Little catch though...When I first ran the landing mission, I got no more instructions after "Lower the flaps...". Studying the mission in ME I found that it relies on using keyboard keys or HOTAS buttons for lowering the flaps.

I normally use the left throttle lever to set the flap position which I find useful when the P-51 reduces speed to make me overshoot. The training mission does not recognize the axis command for flaps.

So in order for the training mission to go all the way to shut-down, you have to use keyboard keys or HOTAS buttons to lower the flaps.

With that in mind, I consider this the best training mission since I learned to use the A-10C weapon systems.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I finally could have a ride today!! Well I don't see so much a difference, it's definitely a bit easier to handle, specially on ground, but it's sort of the same that happened to P-51 when reached release version and that was also happening in previous patches. I like the sounds, that horn advise audible with engine at low revs, slats seems to move a bit later than used to, even trim behaviour is a bit different IMO, more proportional I think.

Overall I like it, what I definitely don't like is new trackIR behaviour, kinda "orthopaedic" now, you have to move too much your head now and that faked centre is unnecessary IMO. All of that can be configured in your personal trackIR profile if you want that to be there, no need to include in game so I now have to change my trackIR profile trying to avoid those weird features I don't want (P-51 is the same). Anyway I noticed by default VR option was enabled, don't know if there are any relation between both.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice