LHA Amphibious Assault Package

Add this to the lua on the land ones and they act like amphibuous. Sorry I meant to post some time back but I got distracted. they also can behave weirdly with waypoints.

GT_t.CH_t.LCAC = {

life = 3,

mass = 180000,

length = 26.4,

width = 14.3,

max_road_velocity = 20.5778,

max_slope = 0.61,

canSwim = true,

waterline_level = 0.3,

engine_power = 800,

max_vert_obstacle = 0.914,

max_acceleration = 4.08497,

min_turn_radius = 2.8,

X_gear_1 = 1.603,

Y_gear_1 = 0,

Z_gear_1 = 1.386,

X_gear_2 = -2.8,

Y_gear_2 = 0,

Z_gear_2 = 1.386,

gear_type = GT_t.GEAR_TYPES.TRACKS,

r_max = 0.35,

r_track = 0.08,

armour_thickness = 0.022,

}

then line 40 replace:

set_recursive_metatable(GT.chassis, GT_t.CH_t.LCAC);--changed from UAZ

I edited much of the dimension, speed shape and water height to what looked right or was in wikipedia. The key line is canSwim=true. The rest of it uses the AA7 as a template, reusing the lua from core DCS.

Edited by Pikey

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. Attached one example.

It's getting somewhere close to confusing the thread and I'm sure the authors would prefer to integrate the changes to the lua and redistribute, so I'll only say this is an example of the LCAC Land mod for the LCAC_Abrams.

The limitations of this are now getting to DCS as we all know a Hovercraft isn't affected as much by the surface it rides on, but nevertheless, DCS assumes it's a ground vehicle that can use water and thus slows it down a LOT...should reach 40-50mph. Can't do much about that, it's about choices.

Honestly, and in my opinion only, if they really really want to see good use out of this they should provide an empty one and one with ED models of units we use, in the right formats, because that means I could do a virtual "unloading" of cargo and spawn the cargo from the LCAC then replace it with an empty LCAC giving the illusion of disembarkation.

I only say this because I see the Tarawa, LCAC and amphibious landings as a key DCS thing for Hormuz this year and I can do a lot of fancy scripting to make this seem awesome.

LCAC_Abrams.lua

Add this to the lua on the land ones and they act like amphibuous. Sorry I meant to post some time back but I got distracted. they also can behave weirdly with waypoints.

GT_t.CH_t.LCAC = {

life = 3,

mass = 180000,

length = 26.4,

width = 14.3,

max_road_velocity = 20.5778,

max_slope = 0.61,

canSwim = true,

waterline_level = 0.3,

engine_power = 800,

max_vert_obstacle = 0.914,

max_acceleration = 4.08497,

min_turn_radius = 2.8,

X_gear_1 = 1.603,

Y_gear_1 = 0,

Z_gear_1 = 1.386,

X_gear_2 = -2.8,

Y_gear_2 = 0,

Z_gear_2 = 1.386,

gear_type = GT_t.GEAR_TYPES.TRACKS,

r_max = 0.35,

r_track = 0.08,

armour_thickness = 0.022,

}

then line 40 replace:

set_recursive_metatable(GT.chassis, GT_t.CH_t.LCAC);--changed from UAZ

I edited much of the dimension, speed shape and water height to what looked right or was in wikipedia. The key line is canSwim=true. The rest of it uses the AA7 as a template, reusing the lua from core DCS.

A hovercraft can set up a path on the shore, but it cannot be landed ashore. The property of the ship is modified to become a vehicle. Then refer to the lua of AAV7.

Edited by cao990

Honestly, and in my opinion only, if they really really want to see good use out of this they should provide an empty one and one with ED models of units we use, in the right formats, because that means I could do a virtual "unloading" of cargo and spawn the cargo from the LCAC then replace it with an empty LCAC giving the illusion of disembarkation.

ED is not ready, like armored troop vehicles should be able to go up and down soldiers, amphibious landing ships can release hovercraft and amphibious armored vehicles, expect ED improvement.

Edited by cao990

ED is not ready, like armored troop vehicles should be able to go up and down soldiers, amphibious landing ships can release hovercraft and amphibious armored vehicles, expect ED improvement.

No I wouldn't expect ED improvement, got to do that ourselves and we can. As for making it an AA7, yes, you want it on land and water, you get it on land and water as per lua.

Hi All,

Having spoken to the mod pack providers, here is my update to the pack for the LCAC only.

Simply place/replace the downloaded .lua files into your "USS LCAC Land" folder. You can also delete the "USS LCAC Sea" folder if you wish, as it is no longer required but the choice is yours.

Download the replacement .lua files here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EaQa2H2BXhQS-tfKUQHz4FvCoAGXKr3D?usp=sharing

Please have fun with the additional possibilities. Cheers.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi All,

Having spoken to the mod pack providers, here is my update to the pack for the LCAC only.

Thank you for sharing, the follow-up is to solve the APCs, loading and unloading of soldiers, hovercraft release vehicles

Edited by cao990

Thank you for sharing, the follow-up is to solve the APCs, loading and unloading of soldiers, hovercraft release vehicles

That is already made possible by using the CTLD script as shown in the video. The AI can load certain vehicles placed close the the LHA and drop them of at a waypoint.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amazing modification, plenty of ideas to use this in missions.

Thanks a lot.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

SUN anyway to get around the 6 knot water speed limit or is that a DCS thing.

Not using the workaround that it is a ground unit in amphibuous mode. I didn't find the water speed editable. It might be as a fraction of the ground speed, but I think there are some hard coded limits.

SUN anyway to get around the 6 knot water speed limit or is that a DCS thing.

Hi Gunterlund21,

Im afraid that's a hardcoded element which I believe is linked to model mass as I am working on a similar project with a smaller model and that is far quicker in the water. It's a new element to DCS so it will still be a WIP scenario.

In the mission I made attached to this link...... the fastest sea speed I have reached is 12 kmh. It appears this is its max speed on the waves.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206282

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Ed latest update is the problem. The AI won't even take off. I'm going to contact the guys on my end to see if they can fix it...To be honest I'm getting tired of this game. To me it seems that some things they fix and that breaks alot more things...then it's just a waiting game.

Exhausting

Ed latest update is the problem. The AI won't even take off. I'm going to contact the guys on my end to see if they can fix it...To be honest I'm getting tired of this game. To me it seems that some things they fix and that breaks alot more things...then it's just a waiting game.

Exhausting

+1

The 5 ft spawn point problem over the Tarawa is only because the LHA mod.

If you remove all the LHAs from the Tech folder, the spawn over the Tarawa is perfect.

This issue was reported in this thread not so long ago.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The 5 ft spawn point problem over the Tarawa is only because the LHA mod.

If you remove all the LHAs from the Tech folder, the spawn over the Tarawa is perfect.

This issue was reported in this thread not so long ago.

I believe he is talking about the LHA mod. They now have the same spawn issue that was reported a while back with the Tarawa. I had to remove the mod and go back to using the Tarawa.

I agree with uscstaylor. Lately it seems like we are just waiting and waiting for updates only to find ourselves moving one step forward and two steps back. Then waiting again. Its getting a bit old for sure.

You do great work though Taylor. I know its getting frustrating man but we all appreciate it.

Edited by bigalsunit

• 1 month later...

I have just finished successfully spawning and taking off from two different ships from this mod.

With the Harrier!

You may wish to try again.

Let me know.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."