Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

GeForce Experience & GPU Drivers

Hello pilots

This my first english thread, please apologize if my english is not correct :music_whistling:

I have two questions about GPU drivers

1. I have GeForce Experience installed and it seems to be a nice tool. What is your experience with this tool? Do you make some settings for DCS with this tool or do you make all settings for the graphic only in DCS World?

2. How important are new GPU drivers? Is it recommended to keep the drivers updated or do you update them just from time to time?

Thx

ViperDriver

You can always go back to an older driver if there are issues. You can use the built-in uninstaller or utilities like DDU that are quite popular. I tend to update when the new drivers come out.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I installed GE only once and uninstalled it shortly after, leaving only the graphics driver. For me, GE is mostly a useless package, eating precious space on the disk. The only good thing about it is Shadowplay, for those of us who record videos while gaming (that's not me, though).

All basic gfx settings can be set in NVidia Control Panel, no need for GE to do that, and if someone wants to tweak the settings even more, there are better programs for the job (NVidia Inspector).

As for the driver updates, it's not a bad idea to do them frequently, though in DCS, they sometimes yield a better performance, sometimes equal, and sometimes worse :D. No problem, as NVidia servers keep older drivers too, so if you want to rollback to previous version, it's simple to do (I say it from Win7 user perspective, however, Win10 might be more problematic, when it tries to update them by itself).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I also do not install GFE, I only install the drivers themselves.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I usually keep GFE installed meanwhile but exclude the 3D Stereoscopic driver when I install it.

GFE works on my end and yes, it's easy to stream or record with it.

I also usually install new drivers on day 1 but have no problem to roll back etc... 1 in 10 NV drivers maybe needs a rollback for DCS.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X