Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Will this server be updated to open beta 1.5 or will it stay at 1.2?

I am not going to switch right away, especially with the current problems I have with the server machine.

However, I might test my map and the server on a separate 'open beta' version of the server that will be public but not dedicated.

I will update the title of the server(s) to make sure people knows what's what.

Then if all goes well, I will transition to full open beta

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Update

Hello guys

The server is currently down as the dedicated machine became unstable and need fixing.

This, combined to the mysterious random freezes I've witness the past months made me shutdown the server.

I am in the process of fixing the server computer and reinstalling a new OS and everything needed.

Also, on my main computer, I am making a new map from scratch with the 1.5 open beta and also updating my scripts.

I will try as soon as possible to have a my server back up, on the open beta, with the new map, in order to make sure everything is working.

I still have a lot of work but it's going well so far.

Here are some screenshots of the new map in the mean time.

Thanks!

WeaponFactoryAtLanchhuti.thumb.jpg.d9db5354922e0efbde4c4c13791fa333.jpg

BlueBaseAtGali.thumb.jpg.90cd8c691d2372a3ad7d579231bb1637.jpg

RedBaseAtKobuletiAirfield.thumb.jpg.0a9f95ccf2cf04cfa53856a53cf0a878.jpg

MilitaryAcademyAndTankBaseAtHoni.thumb.jpg.b4793cf8b66fe51e0e32224dc44889ff.jpg

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Update

The server computer is now updated and reinstalled.

I am encountering so much problems trying to host an open beta 1.5 server so that's lame.

I will try to host 1.2 server again and see how it goes.

1.5 hosting problem I encountered and need help solving if you have ideas:

- No server tool working to keep trolls out (SLMOD or ServMan)

- No 3D renderer mode so the server has to have a relatively good 3D card

- Client can't see the server but can connect via direct connection

- Shader crashes

Still working on it!

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Thats why its probably still a beta. Without the tools and or mods built in, it wont work how you want it, and I haven't read yet if there are add-on patches for 1.5 to fix bugs. Last I read, they are just wanting people to report bugs. I built a virtual win7 to run on my linux last weekend, I'm going to see if I can get the server to run on it as the video demand shouldn't be high as a server. This is all experimental of course because my real motive is to eventually ditch windows for good. So far I must of spent a couple of thousand to play this game..... no stopping now lol.

Friendly Fire in Protected Zone

So I've created a script to monitor weapon launch and destroy these said weapons if needed.

At first, the idea was to allow nuke launch only over certain zones of the map.

Now, the script is also capable of detecting friendly-fired-missiles and destroy them.

I was wondering if activating this anti-friendly-fire system in the protected zones could be a good idea.

What you guys thinking?

SCRIPTING: OpenConflict:WTS: Friendly-fire detected with weapon: R-27ET from Mirknir to Blue_Tanker_Texaco

SCRIPTING: OpenConflict:WTS: Weapon destroyed:R-27ET shot by Mirknir

FriendlyFire.thumb.jpg.c05862cd3c99652b32d5688e5e3dda1a.jpg

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

It sounds like a great idea.

The amount of people who don't know how to identify friendly from enemy is way too high.

I know but at the same time, mistaking friendly from foe is part of the game.

Thats why the script will be active only in protected zone!

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I know but at the same time, mistaking friendly from foe is part of the game.

Thats why the script will be active only in protected zone!

Yeah that's good, it's definitely part of the whole thing, but the amount of guys I've seen destructing their own airfield because they thought the vehicles near it were enemy....

Personally, I like friendly fire, this is part of the thrill. That said, I guess it is fine to enable the script for the blue force only protected area... I suggest to not enable it for the red-force since its pilots are supposed to not be trainees anymore :)

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

• 1 month later...

Update

Hello Guys

Just wanted to do a little update about the server:

Here are some stuff happening on the current server (DCS 1.2):

• New scripts that add more features for the server (check screenshot)
    • Custom radio menu
    • Objective tracking
    • Death information

[*]A new map is in preparation!

[*]Cargo system in preparation!

But what about 1.5? It's so pretty!

I've done some private tests on a 1.5 version of the server and so far, it's worrking well and stuff are promising.

However, I am still waiting on some fixes/feature to bring the server to the same level it is in 1.2 like:

• I am still looking for a server management tool like SLMOD or ServMan that works in 1.5 to keep trolls at bay :)
    I haven't looked since the first open beta release so I welcome any information on that!!!

Have a good day!

NewFeatures.thumb.jpg.78bf536d509c1d408431c225f75a00f4.jpg

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Server Updated

Server has been updated!!

There is now a new map.

The goal of the new map is to have more pvp space and a more convincing war:

• More space between red and blue protected zones
  • More objectives outside protected zones for more pvp
  • More planes, objectives and love for Reds
  • Each objectives has a theme instead of just being a random pack of static objects
  • Skins are now in the player unit name (Ex: Plr Ka50 @ Central FARP #1 (USM1))
  • As much as possible, aggressors, russian and ukraines skins are reserved for Red side
  • As much as possible, red side AIs will use russian materials and blue side AIs will use nato's materials

Server management is now done with ServMan instead of SLMOD.

ServMan has everything I need (kick and ban trolls) and is less complex than SLMOD.

Also, ED has officially said they will support ServMan for 1.5 so it's also a step toward the future.

(See: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2487386#post2487386)

Have fun and check the new map!!

|

V

1690705116_OpenConflictServer-Khashuri-Map.thumb.jpg.e10bd5d937ba112e12e9753ce224fcd4.jpg

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

• 1 month later...

Patch 1.5.2

Hello guys

Here is an update about Open Conflict following the recent 1.5.2 patch.

Client groups are not accessible in multiplayer so half of my script features aren't working.

Biggest issue that prevent me from having a proper 1.5 server.

Open Conflict map relies on a big-ass master script to offer help, protection, tracking, missions and objective report to the players.

Without knowing client players, the server script can't do anything and the server is basically a shadow of itself.

However, the main features of the script are still working in single player so once coalition.getPlayers works in MP, I am confident the rest of the script will.

For me, it's a big issue even if not everyone will agree.

Open Conflict is a training server and F10 map is the best tool for people to know what's happening, even if I have objective report, briefing map and stuff like that.

However, this issue has a simple (and dirty) workaround which is to hide stuff on F10 map.

I am still looking for a server management tool like SLMOD or ServMan that works in 1.5 to keep trolls at bay :)

• I haven't looked since the first open beta release so I welcome any information on that!!!

SLMOD for 1.5 is here :thumbup:

Thanks Grimes!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=15556

Thank you for your patience as I am trying to make Open Conflict 1.5 the same experience Open Conflict 1.2 is.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys

Well... it seems ED released a 1.5 version with broken script and discontinued the 1.2 version.

As I stated before, Open Conflict map relies on a big-ass master script to offer help, protection, tracking, missions and objective report to the players.

Without knowing client players, the server script can't monitor players, can't talk to them with the popups or offers missions like it used to do.

So the server is basically a shadow of itself.

I encourage you to go post on this thread to try to have those issues fixed asap:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147792

I discovered this yesterday so I am not sure what I am going to do.

For now, Open Conflict will be shut down while I investigate my solutions.

Maybe, i'll host a subpar version of Open Conflict until the released 1.5 version comes uptopar to what 1.2 was (in term of scripting).

I am sorry for the server shutdown :cry:

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

No worries Mir from here. I have both versions still and see a bit of difference between the two, but visually I don't see a lot. It seems that they did not make it backwards compatible to allow for people to change gradually to the newer version. There are some things I do not like, as in if the chat window is open, it locks out your keyboard which sets you up as an easy kill. I was also messing around with the mission builder to get something going till you are back up again, but it is a lot of work, and I have to do the learn as you build method which will make it take twice as long to build a decent game as there is a lot of trial and error on my part.

I was able to log into a 1.2 server today though and it worked ok.

Free

I did make a simple server over the weekend for multi-player, Just 2 bases and a couple of hard to get to ground targets but only had it up for a few hours. I had to keep taking it down to fix it. That could be though, to my lack of knowledge at this point in building a server. I don't want to spend a lot of time doing this because I'm really hoping Mir's server will be back soon and I don't really have the time to spend on it right now. Building a server is a lot of work and a good time burner too. I found it was better to test what I had done after each mod and fix it right away if there was an issue. One side effect from all this is that I am getting addicted to building a server now lol, it is kind of interesting and this weekend I actually spent more time building than playing. I may start rummaging around the shop now and see if I have enough parts to build a separate box for a server... see its started already.

Free

So I installed the dcs on a laptop here so I could see what my server looked like and guess what, it wasn't on the server list. Spent a few hours looking for an issue and didn't really find anything that would make a change. I have the ports forwarded as per, win7 firewall allowed to pass and the router firewall I turned off. I didn't have to do a lot of this for 1.2 so I'm not sure whats happening. It looks like more research for me tonight.

Free